• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NON SWGE Crowds?

I am very interested in knowing what the NON SWGE Disney crowd is like these first few weeks of opening.

Crowds are absolutely fantastic! I went yesterday and it was one of the least busy I've ever seen it the park. A friend was there on opening day (last Friday) and said the same. Now: once SWGE opens to the general public on June 24, I suspect that will change dramatically. So enjoy it while we can! :-).

Crowds are absolutely fantastic! I went yesterday and it was one of the least busy I've ever seen it the park. A friend was there on opening day (last Friday) and said the same. Now: once SWGE opens to the general public on June 24, I suspect that will change dramatically. So enjoy it while we can! :-).
Sunday was amazing. At DCA it was like a 5 minute wait on most everything. My wife could not get over how not crowded it was. At DL rode Peter Pan and Alice in the afternoon back to back for the first time in forever, with a 15 minute wait at each. Normally that would take over an hour to accomplish.

I’m thinking one explanation for a slightly busier day today could be annual passes? Aren’t deluxe back today until Thursday? I think they are blocked again on Fri-Sun. Hopefully Friday will be light as that’s when we are going :)

Yes, the crowds in the parks this past weekend were AMAZING! The least crowded I have seen in a LONG time. During the morning of May 31, Star Tours was 15 minutes standby; later that day I saw Thunder Mountain was only 20 mins wait! I have a feeling that it was like this because everyone thought that opening weekend of SWGE was going to be crazy, so they stayed away. I wonder if this will change within the next couple weeks.

Kriss :tink:

It seems like the crowds have picked up today. Still very manage but not the ghost town of the first couple days.

My daughter is working at Disneyland for the summer, and she just sent us a text message saying that employees and their families are allowed into Disneyland from now until Sunday June 16. These dates were previously blocked out for employees.

The Disneyland employee blockout remains in place for the remainder of June, July, and August. It appears that employees, but not their family members, can again go into Disneyland starting Monday September 9th.

Last edited:
DCA wasn’t super busy anyway today but it’s really quietened down again now. Just waiting for our Wine Country reservation and then heading back to DL as most wait times are back down to 10 mins.

My daughter is working at Disneyland for the summer, and she just sent us a text message saying that employees and their families are allowed into Disneyland from now until Sunday June 16. These dates were previously blocked out for employees.

The Disneyland employee blockout remains in place for the remainder of June, July, and August. It appears that employees, but not their family members, can again go into Disneyland starting Monday September 9th.

4 quiet days and the purse string holders are worrying already then.

I've been here since Sunday afternoon and I can't remember the last time the park felt so empty.
Walk on to so many things, no lines for food at popular locations like Pacific wharf cafe or mint julep bar and found bench seating for Fantasmic coming out of wall on haunted mansion.20190603_082258.jpg20190603_082258.jpg20190603_152627.jpg20190603_082258.jpg20190603_152627.jpg20190603_092435.jpg20190603_212147.jpg20190603_212513.jpg20190603_101348.jpg

Crowds picked up today some. Just checked the app and it's 105 minutes for Soarin, 90 for RSR, 50 for Guardians. DL doesn't look as bad though.

Crowds picked up today some. Just checked the app and it's 105 minutes for Soarin, 90 for RSR, 50 for Guardians. DL doesn't look as bad though.
I think it’s a grad night? There were a lot of people at DCA in grad stuff.

We were at SWGE from 8-12 and then hung around until 2:15 - it certainly wasn’t the empty wasteland of last weekend, but it wasn’t high crowds, that’s for sure. After leaving SWGE, we rode Peter Pan, got lunch at Stage Door Cafe, grabbed Starbucks, went over to DCA and hit RSR, Guardians, and Soarin’ (all with FPs, Soarin’ was a cancellation)... not bad for less than 2.5 hours.

I think it’s a grad night? There were a lot of people at DCA in grad stuff.

We were at SWGE from 8-12 and then hung around until 2:15 - it certainly wasn’t the empty wasteland of last weekend, but it wasn’t high crowds, that’s for sure. After leaving SWGE, we rode Peter Pan, got lunch at Stage Door Cafe, grabbed Starbucks, went over to DCA and hit RSR, Guardians, and Soarin’ (all with FPs, Soarin’ was a cancellation)... not bad for less than 2.5 hours.
Yep. Grad Nite 4,5,7,8,11,12,14 from what I’m seeing. Gives some perspective on just how much GN affects crowd levels. They sell tiered tickets: $79 just the party, $99 DCA+party & $139 DL+DCA+party so it makes sense the increased crowds in DCA for all those schools that went middle ground.

The crowds definitely picked up more today. Yesterday was a little busier but still pretty manageable. Today the morning was good but by 1 was definitely very noticeably busy. We added on today as a 4th extra day as we were worried we wouldn’t be able to do everything. Well, we did everything on day 1 which also happened to be the only day we bought max pass (and we definitely did not need it but didn’t realize it was so slow until after we bought it). We had a fast pass from racers that we tried using all day since it broke down this morning. The fastpass line for racers was always way long (like around the corner just to scan) that we just Did Goofy’s instead. Yet on Sunday they did not even have a line for Racers most of the morning. Grad night probably made the last 2 days busier though.

I was in the parks today and it was very slow in DL but busier in DCA. At 3:30 I ride Indy and dropped my sunglasses on the track as I was entering the ride vehicle. When I exited the ride I was talking to the CM at the front trying to see if I could get my glasses back and some people came up inquiring about single rider. The CM told them the line was so short they should just get into the standby line. I’ve never seen Indy like that at 4pm!

Peter Pan was 15 minutes mid-afternoon... and of course my kid just wanted to play in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

40663297C834C1-5080-40BC-AC48-5E07B54E47A3.jpeg97C834C1-5080-40BC-AC48-5E07B54E47A3.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter