• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non-ride things to do in each park?

kclark9830

DIS Veteran
Looking to focus less on rides this trip. Any suggestions for things to do in-park instead? Here's what I've come up with but I would be happy to add more this list.

MK - Dapper Dans, hidden Mickeys
AK - Nature trails, Wilderness Explorers
EP - Scavenger Hunt (during F&G) and other F&G stuff
HS - Drawing a blank on this one!

Thanks!

AK - Rafiki's and the cartoon drawing experience, the Bird show
EP - the Aquarium is nice
HS - Agreed, can't think of one thing that is not a ride but depending on when you are going, I think they are bringing back the Lion King this summer.

I forget where the Frozen Sing a Long is (MK??) but I believe that's in operation. Just depends on your comfort level with singing indoors at this point. I know people are wearing masks and distancing in the theatre but the notion gives me the heebie jeebies because aerosols.

AK - Rafiki's and the cartoon drawing experience, the Bird show
EP - the Aquarium is nice
HS - Agreed, can't think of one thing that is not a ride but depending on when you are going, I think they are bringing back the Lion King this summer.

I forget where the Frozen Sing a Long is (MK??) but I believe that's in operation. Just depends on your comfort level with singing indoors at this point. I know people are wearing masks and distancing in the theatre but the notion gives me the heebie jeebies because aerosols.
Festival of the Lion King is at AK.

I think the Frozen sing along is in DHS. Not sure if it's currently showing.

HS= Walt Disney Experience walk thru and movie of Walt Disney Story in theatre .
I think it is called “Walt Disney Presents” open daily.

I recently sat thru HS Frozen sing along... and had so much fun!
It’s been a while but they threw in a lot of mask jokes (hey gotta get it while they’re hot) .... Also forgot how amazing all that snow was at the end!

Also the MickeyShorts Theatre presenting Vacation Fun with Mickey & Minnie . Usually a short wait because most guests walk right past it.

I hope you are able to enjoy your days but want to remind you the parks at night (early evening) come alive with the Magic of lighting .

If you are staying on property... they were showing a replay of the Happily Ever After Fireworks-on the tv channel 74 (?) ... I think it started around 6 in the evening and was on auto replay until 10 but have heard the times have changed.

Another suggestion for Epcot would be taking the time to actually watch the special films in Japan and France and Canada . Canada was recentlyupdated and Impressions de France is only in evening with Beauty&Beast singalong during the day.
And Awesome Planet in Livin with the Land is a theatrical experience that is awesome.

Last edited:
In HS last week, we grabbed snacks and sat next to the HBD for about an hour. We watched Chip and Dale come out for a picnic twice, and we also caught a Pixar cavalcade. You could also find a copy of the Aurebesh alphabet online and walk around Galaxy's Edge translating signs and labels (I haven't found anything really funny or unusual, but my DD11 got a kick out of doing this anyway).

Looking to focus less on rides this trip. Any suggestions for things to do in-park instead? Here's what I've come up with but I would be happy to add more this list.

MK - Dapper Dans, hidden Mickeys
AK - Nature trails, Wilderness Explorers
EP - Scavenger Hunt (during F&G) and other F&G stuff
HS - Drawing a blank on this one!

Thanks!
Check out Walt Disney Presents and the Star Wars Launch Bay in HS. Both have air conditioning and are fascinating if you are a Disney fan and a Star Wars fan respectively.

Festival of the Lion King is at AK.

I think the Frozen sing along is in DHS. Not sure if it's currently showing.
FOTL is at AK but not currently open. Frozen Sing Along is at DHS and IS currently open.

Other ideas:
MK - explore Tom Sawyer's Island
AK - explore the nature trails, play games in Dino Land
DHS - build a Droid or Light Saber ($$$), explore SWGE
Epcot - my favorite thing to do is sit in the Japan pavilion with a drink (or Kakigori for the kids!) and enjoy the peace and quiet

Check out Walt Disney Presents and the Star Wars Launch Bay in HS. Both have air conditioning and are fascinating if you are a Disney fan and a Star Wars fan respectively.
Good ones! Yes, just no character meets in Launch Bay at present. (I think??) But all the displays should be available to look at..........

Good ones! Yes, just no character meets in Launch Bay at present. (I think??) But all the displays should be available to look at..........
All are available except for the lightsabers and the helmets. My kids and I spent at least half an hour during our last trip. There are also posters and artwork from the movies. Some great Ralph McQuarrie artwork.

Thank you all! I dont know how I forgot pin trading! We will definitely be doing this. I appreciate all these suggestions!
Just so you know about pin trading, the pin boards aren't out and as easily accessible as they used to be. You have to ask the CM to see them and they'll bring them out from behind the counter. We had a very nice CM at Memento Mori who wrote down all the MK locations for us. So if you don't see the boards, just ask!

I've yet to see one but I vaguely recall that Disney cares for the feral cats in some way? Do I have that right? I think the cats keep down the rodent population at the very least.
I am not sure what they do to care for them, but I know they are not discouraged. I have seen a couple at night, both times near Tommorowland

AK - Do The Wilderness Explorers Book...travel throughout the park collecting the stamps for it. It would be a good time to start trading pins. That you could do in every park.

AK - don't forget the trail around the Tree of Life, most people don't even know it's there. There are also little side areas all around the park with animals. I'm hoping soon they have the entertainment back there but not crossing my fingers.

Epcot - grab a drink and snack and sit on a bench outside any of the countries and look up at the details on the buildings. I'm not sure if you can still get to it but there is a great little garden beside China, they may be using it for the line for Frozen. Go in the museum in Norway. Go in the museum in Morocco. Go in the museum in Japan. Wander around the exhibit in the building in America.

HS - I agree with others with One Man's Dream, well worth walking through. Boy do I miss the streets of America. Look at all the handprints outside the Chinese Theater. Watch Kylo Ren (or whoever it is, sorry not a huge star wars fan) on stage. Go see the Muppets show.

MK - Obviously shopping. Go in the little side street between the bakery and the other shops and listen to the singer getting a lesson. Go in the firehouse and look at all the exhibits. Shopping. Ride the Liberty Bell, o.k. technically a ride but not really. Shopping. Did I mention shopping?

HS- I can't remember the name but there is a game in GE where you scan the QR codes around the land. You're on a mission for the the force of something like that. I watched a video on YouTube and it looked fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter