Non-park solo activities after 8pm

hodad

DIS Veteran
Everyone else will fall asleep, and I'd like to head out to explore WDW and enjoy some food and drinks after 8pm. I'm staying at CSR and can drive. Where should I go, other than the Seven Seas monorail resorts?

Any do-not-miss items or locations?

There's a lot of great bars and lounges in the Crescent Lake area (Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin). Other than the monorail resorts, I would head there.

I've actually had a good time going through Disney Springs / Downtown Disney. Raglan Road is a nice place to grab a seat, enjoy a pint, and listen to one of several bands that play there. There are interesting shops to explore and late night snacks in various restaurants. You can watch the boat cars launch from near the Boathouse restaurant, or listen to several free outdoor concerts situated in different parts of the area. Some of them are actually quite talented.

Since you have a car, I would suggest a quick trip to Port Orleans Riverside to catch Bob Jackson's show normally Wednesdays thru Saturdays starting at 8:30. You can watch a quick video on YouTube or check out yehaabob's site. He does a great job of getting the audience involved in his show so if you tend to be a wallflower this won't be your cup of tea! His show is held in the River's Roost Lounge so adult beverages are available. His show has quite a following so arrive early!

Since you can drive and you are only about 3 miles away from Gaylord Palms Resort; they have 4.5 acres under a glass roof. The area under the roof is divided into three areas Key West, Everglades, and St. Augustine/type fort. There are fish, snakes, gators, etc that you can view. You can spend 3 to 4 hours over there touring the resort/areas and it does not cost anything.

Some other options:
sports: mini-golf, bowling, ESPN Club
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

check out The Groove @ Universal Citywalk. It's a small dance club and bar that plays pop, hip hop, house, old, new, a little bit of everything the dj feels the vibe of the crowd I love it there. Also House of Blues at Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) I think Sunday nights is SIN service industry night, great time if you are in your 20's or early 30's im not so sure the older crowds would like this one, just my 2 cents.

Since your looking to explore WDW more, the previous suggestions of the boardwalk area and disney springs would be my first choices. Of course, depending on what is still opened park wise it might be a nice stroll back into the park for a couple more hours solo might be a good way to just take in where you are without the hustle of everyone else your traveling with.

Disney Springs and Boardwalk area is fun at night. I would go to Trader Sam's if I wasn't driving. Have fun.

Boardwalk definitely has a great feel in the evening, but I agree that some evening solo park time can be magical. Strolling around World Showcase or have a cocktail at Contemporary and then walk to MK and do some night time rides (Big Thunder, People Mover....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter