Non flip-flop/thong sandal recommendations

humboldthny

DIS Veteran
I know the shoe issue has been discussed ad naseum at this point, but I am really struggling to find shoes for the parks for our upcoming trip in June.

In the past I've loved my Crocs Cleo sandals - not sure what has changed, but I've worn them the past couple of trips (and at home) and seem to have developed an issue with the material the sole is made of. If I wear them for any amount of time the skin at the base of my toes splits and it's very painful.

The other issue is that I don't wear thong style sandals...usually the thong is too thick or too far back to be comfortable.

I've ordered the following shoes (but they haven't arrived), so if anyone has any feedback or suggestions for different styles I would love to hear them! Just planning on returning what I don't like....
http://www.zappos.com/merrell-jacardia-black
http://www.zappos.com/teva-zirra-black
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-S...avos-Outshine-Gray-Coral/7379249/product.html
http://www.zappos.com/keen-bali-black

I have not worn any of those particular models of shoes but I can say in general I love Tevas and Merrells have always been very comfortable for me too.

I had a hard time with thong sandals until I tried Nike comfort sandals. The bottoms are all "gel" filled and so soft and really cushion your feet.
I wore them 4 days straight to the parks lady year with no issues. Will alternate those with some crocs I picked up this time since we are going for a week.

I've never found a sandal that I can walk 8368292 miles in without getting shin splints. Wish I could! I hate tennis shoes, but we ALL wear them to be the most comfortable!

I always wear the mary jane style crock and have never had any problems:thumbsup2 On our typical trips we spend 14 consecutive days in the parks, and this style of croc remains comfortable for the duration:goodvibes (I have had problems with other styles:()

I know the shoe issue has been discussed ad naseum at this point, but I am really struggling to find shoes for the parks for our upcoming trip in June.

In the past I've loved my Crocs Cleo sandals - not sure what has changed, but I've worn them the past couple of trips (and at home) and seem to have developed an issue with the material the sole is made of. If I wear them for any amount of time the skin at the base of my toes splits and it's very painful.

The other issue is that I don't wear thong style sandals...usually the thong is too thick or too far back to be comfortable.

I've ordered the following shoes (but they haven't arrived), so if anyone has any feedback or suggestions for different styles I would love to hear them! Just planning on returning what I don't like....

You have covered the ones I see listed most often here. Teva, Merrell, Keen, etc.

Try them on and wear them in the house for a while to see which ones you like best.

I have had similar problems to op and have recently purchased a pair of teva mentioned in the post above this. Ive been trying them out for two days and they are the most comfortable shoes ive had. And a bargain in the sale at £15.00!

I recently bought a pair of Sketchers Go Walks and have never had a pair of sneakers that were so comfortable!! I wear them to the gym on the treadmill and there is no rubbing or anything. It just feels like I'm walking on 2 pillows! :cool1: Highly Recommend!! :thumbsup2

I also bought a pair of crocs flip flops for this trip that I couldn't find online anywhere to show my friend. They are flip flops but have balls under the heel and ball of your feet, acupuncture nubs on the foot part, and there's an extra strap across the middle of your foot to keep them in place. These should be GREAT Disney shoes! :D

My Old Navy flops... that I have lived in for YEARS at the parks seem to be rubbing funny this year. Weird. and they're not new. So Im happy I have these 2 options to bring along with my old stand by flops.

I love the closed toe and closed heel Keens - esp their Whisper style. I've worn them all over DC and all over USO/IOA & Legoland, and also on boy scout weekends with the troop (sometimes they need an extra adult and I end up being drafted). They are super comfy, dry quickly, don't chafe when wet and they are machine washable (yes, I have tossed hubby and boys' Keen Newport H2s in the machine and they come out great).

OP: I noticed that two of the styles you showed are slip ons, with no strap in the back. I know that for me, I will manage to end up with the shoe half off and stepping with my arch on the back of the heel a minimum of two times per hour that I wear them. Of course, I'm a klutz. YMMV.

OP: I noticed that two of the styles you showed are slip ons, with no strap in the back. I know that for me, I will manage to end up with the shoe half off and stepping with my arch on the back of the heel a minimum of two times per hour that I wear them. Of course, I'm a klutz. YMMV.

Typically I don't have an issue if there's some sort of strap far enough up on my foot...honestly, I'm not holding out too much hope on those Keens - because there isn't a strap very far back and also because my feet seem to swim around a bit in Keens.

May also order those Teva Ewaso and Jambu Water Diva shoes...love Zappos free returns!!

I like to have just enough strapping to hold the shoe on my foot, which is why I liked the Crocs Cleos:
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-cleo/10043,default,pd.html?cid=282&q=cleo

My aunt has those exact Tevas and calls them her "Disney shoes"! She has worn them her past 4 trips to Disney World this year and says they are so comfortable, hopefully they work for you as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter