Non-AP Ticket Holders and New Park Reservations System-INFO POST #76

I read a comment somewhere that there's a demo on Disney's website that shows what the reservation system will look like but I can't seem to find it. I only see written instructions of what to do, but no screenshots or video or anything. Does that exist and if so does someone have the link?

I read a comment somewhere that there's a demo on Disney's website that shows what the reservation system will look like but I can't seem to find it. I only see written instructions of what to do, but no screenshots or video or anything. Does that exist and if so does someone have the link?
Log on to your MDE on the website. Under Disney Park System on the MDE menu.

Found a link
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations
Log on to your MDE on the website. Under Disney Park System on the MDE menu.
Don’t see this on the app?

Didn`t the kids' tickets get extended to 9/26/2021? Most tickets were (a couple of ticket types were not - FL Res Discover ticket and something else).

On 6/24 folks can upgrade room-only reservations for 2021 to packages with tickets. Individual 2021 tickets go on sale 6/28. Unfortunately, 2020 tickets will not be available immediately. WDW indicated "later" once they see how things are going.
YES! the tickets were extended but their "start date" still reflects our original Dec. dates of Dec. 17th but we had a waitlist come through and I was able to move our trip to Dec. 9th - but not the tickets because of ticket shutdown.

So I wonder if they'll restrict me with those tickets from booking on Monday for all 4 of us since 2 of the 4 tickets dates don't "match" the resort reservation dates?

Will we also have to pick a time slot to visit the parks? Like 8am-1pm instead of having access to the park all day?

From the Disney website:
Step 3: Select a Date and Park

Choose the date and the theme park that you’d like to visit from the available reservations. Please note that dates and theme park selections are limited and subject to availability.
After creating your party in the Disney Park Pass system, you’ll be prompted to:
  • Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
  • Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
  • Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
After selecting your date, park and time, you can confirm your reservation.

Will we also have to pick a time slot to visit the parks? Like 8am-1pm instead of having access to the park all day?

The consensus seems to be that the timeslot is just an arrival. Once you are in the park you can stay all day. The arrival times are to help stagger so that not too many people are at the entryway at once.

I respectfully diasagree. They are choosing to cater to offsite guests over onsite guests.

I will have to disagree with that. They are really trying to cater to those who Actually have tickets; because quite frankly, one needs a ticket to enter the park, NOT a resort reservation.

It really makes no difference if you have a ressie on-site, off-site....inner space, outer space 😅....as long as you have a park ticket, you’ll be able to reserve a park day some time in the next week There are many, many thousands of valid park tickets being held by the public at the moment, and they need to see who of those folks are coming this summer, before selling new tickets because of the limited park capacity.

However, for those with a valid park ticket; if you have an on-site ressie as well, you will be catered to by getting to reserve first. So in that regard, on-site guests ARE being catered to, I suppose, not off-site guests.

All that said, they probably could made the park reservation day for those visiting in 2021 a little later. I don’t look forward to Monday morning madness at all.

Sorry to be dumb, but... On MDE, I see the information about the Park Reservation system, but no button to click to actually see the system itself. Will that not be there until Monday? I was hoping to mess around with it just to figure out how it worked before leaping into the fray with everyone else on 6/22.

Sorry to be dumb, but... On MDE, I see the information about the Park Reservation system, but no button to click to actually see the system itself. Will that not be there until Monday? I was hoping to mess around with it just to figure out how it worked before leaping into the fray with everyone else on 6/22.

Are you on the website, or the app? It appears to only be available on the website.

I asked about this via email query a couple of weeks ago. The WDW help person responded that a 6-day PH (my existing linked ticket) could be used any six days of my choice up to 9/26/21. The usual time limit of nine days, starting and including the first day of use, would not apply. In all honesty, I am still not sure I believe that, even though they said it. If my late August trip comes together, I will check again at the Disney Springs ticket center.
And Two different chat members told me today that the expiration period after first use is still in effect. Both checked with supervisors. Ugh! This is so frustrating.

How are they 'catering' to offsite guests?

As an offsite guest with single day park tickets purchased before all the announcements, I'm LAST in line to make a park reservation.....just barely before they reopen to new ticket sales. I'm definitely not feeling as if I'm getting preferential treatment.

I'm a DVC member with a reservation and I can't even purchase a ticket so how exactly does that qualify as preferential treatment? It's all about having a ticket really. On-site guests with tickets should receive first priority before off-site guests. That is one of the perks of being a WDW guest and it should remain so.

Last edited:
Not dumb at all....only see that info on the website MDE, not the app. Perhaps more info tomorrow or more wishful thinking.

Are you on the website, or the app? It appears to only be available on the website.
Yes, on the website. It gives me lots of info on the new system, but does not explain exactly HOW to choose the dates, etc. I'm hoping something will look different when I sign in there on Monday?

Respectfully you had the chance to purchase and link tickets back when it became clear you were gonna need them.

If this is addressed to me then I wasn't going to purchase tickets when I booked in January for a trip later in the year. I didn't need the tickets when I booked back in January. Also, it's not like I knew at the time what was going to happen. I'm just stating that there isn't any preferential treatment for on-site guests unless they have tickets and therefore can book in advance.

Yes, on the website. It gives me lots of info on the new system, but does not explain exactly HOW to choose the dates, etc. I'm hoping something will look different when I sign in there on Monday?
I'm hoping the same thing...

Just FYI - The Park Pass system is on the app as well as the website. Click "Learn More" under the "Learn more about the phased reopening...". Once you are on the next screen, you have to scroll down into the blue area and there's a link that says "Disney Park Pass System", same as the web site. It'll navigate you to the same instructions as the web site, though, just like the web site, there is no video walk-through or screen shots of what we can expect to see on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter