• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nomad Lounge

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
I think I read a couple of months ago how hard it is to get a table for Nomad Lounge. Is that still the case right now? We’ve gone to Tiffins twice now and want some to try Nomad instead. :) TIA!

It's not hard to get in, you just need to be willing to wait. You can try to get a walk-up time on the app. If that doesn't work, just go to the podium and they can tell you how long the wait will be. You can then go about your day and come back once your table is ready (they will text you).

We were there this past Thanksgiving week.

We were walking by Nomad Lounge right at opening. Cant remember the time, 11:00 or 11:30 maybe?

We saw a few people standing in line, I asked the last person what they were waiting for and they said a table at Nomad Lounge.

We got in line behind her and were sitting at a table within 5 minutes.

Yeah just put your name in at the podium they'll let you know how long the wait is and text you when they are ready.

Like another poster they texted when the person whose name it was under was on an attraction (they were on FOP). It wasn't a big issue for them to get there a tad late (the rest of us hung around talking as a group waiting). When it was time though they had our party split up amongst the outdoor seats which sorta was a problem. We knew we had a large party and we were able to say "we'll wait for the big table inside" so we waited for that one.

If it was just my husband and I outside is really nice (we sat out there in 2017) but we had a party of 9 people so it wasn't really as ideal.

On that trip where we had the 9 people my husband and I had gone there about 5 days earlier and they had immediate seating at the bar so we ended up doing that and it was fine by us.

I go every trip, I've gotten in immediately and I've had to wait. I think the longest I've waited was my last trip. It was pouring outside, I'm talking a monsoon, thunder and lightening. I had just gotten out of FoTLK and thought well I'll wait it out at Nomad. There was nowhere for me to hide from the rain to get on the wait list on my phone so I just walked up. I was told it was going to be a 30 to 45 min. wait, which was fine. I was standing on the porch out of the rain, had my wet poncho off and dried off (I had a little towel in my backpack) so I was good. It was probably closer to a hour and I was sat at the big table inside which meant I ended up sharing it with two other groups but that was fine.

It is quicker to join the walk up line or wait in line for Nomads to open.
I usually just stand and wait for them to start taking names to sit outside.

Thank you.

Not hard to get in, but if you want to get in at opening the line forms pretty early. Was there earlier this week and there was already a line at 10:20 for an 11:00 opening!

I think I read a couple of months ago how hard it is to get a table for Nomad Lounge. Is that still the case right now? We’ve gone to Tiffins twice now and want some to try Nomad instead. :) TIA!
It's not hard to get it but seeing how you can't try to get in till same day it's impossible to plan
We always go but there's almost always a wait. We just know this and plan for it.
It' doesn't help that it's not too big and that folks tend to dawdle once seated, just by the nature of the establishment. It's not your typical restaurant setting so people like to linger beyond just eating. We often go for drinks only for that matter. Especially if we've chosen Yak and Yeti to dine at that trip. We alternate between Nomads, Tiffins and Yak/Yeti for our AK meal.

If you're willing to sit at the bar it might be a shorter wait. We got right in at opening once because a bunch of groups in front of us chose to join the waitlist for a table, but we were ok with sitting at the bar.

If you're willing to sit at the bar it might be a shorter wait. We got right in at opening once because a bunch of groups in front of us chose to join the waitlist for a table, but we were ok with sitting at the bar.
That would be a reason not to use the Join Waitlist on the app. You don't get to request anything specific there. You just "get in virtual line" so to speak. And are seated wherever comes up next.
We are always a ok with wherever and always just use the app.

What if we wanted to try more of an early dinner at Nomad? Would it be easier than trying to get in for lunch?

What if we wanted to try more of an early dinner at Nomad? Would it be easier than trying to get in for lunch?
I've gone to the park around 5 or so and opened the app. while walking toward Nomad and got in right then. It just depends on how crowded it's been that day. If it rains, it does get a longer wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter