• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Noisy Conventions

sami66

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of any conventions happening end of November early December?
Planning a 1st time visit and stay at Endless Summer Dockside.
Just read a review over on Trip Advisor about a noisy cheerleading convention last December. I’ve emailed Universal and waiting to hear back.
Thought maybe someone on here would know.
The only available rooms available for my travel dates are hearing and mobility accessible, so I believe it’ll be quite full.

Google pop warner. It moved on up the road from WDW, host properties are now at U & partner hotels in the area

View attachment 694558

Google pop warner. It moved on up the road from WDW, host properties are now at U & partner hotels in the area

View attachment 694558
keishashadow,
Wow! Thank you for finding that!
So that would be the last 3 days of our (just me and my DH)
10 days at Dockside. Ugh!
The Trip Advisor reviewer said, stay away!
How bad can it be?

keishashadow,
Wow! Thank you for finding that!
So that would be the last 3 days of our (just me and my DH)
10 days at Dockside. Ugh!
The Trip Advisor reviewer said, stay away!
How bad can it be?
If they’re like they were when they stayed at WDW, highly annoying. The cheerleaders like to rise at dawn and practice cheers in common areas; they like to walk in packs and randomly break into cheer; think about your typical group of young girls, and then place them in an exciting new environment while trying to win a contest - sometimes with little supervision. They’re just being kids, but it can be trying. I tried to avoid WDW when they were there, and I most certainly avoided the value and convention resorts.

If they’re like they were when they stayed at WDW, highly annoying. The cheerleaders like to rise at dawn and practice cheers in common areas; they like to walk in packs and randomly break into cheer; think about your typical group of young girls, and then place them in an exciting new environment while trying to win a contest - sometimes with little supervision. They’re just being kids, but it can be trying. I tried to avoid WDW when they were there, and I most certainly avoided the value and convention resorts.
Thanks for the input SkyGuy!
I‘m rethinking my whole vacation now….
Thinking of either moving my Dockside stay dates to Nov. 14-23 (this is Thanksgiving week and was trying to avoid this, but leaving just before Thanksgiving Day)
OR
keeping the dates I have Nov. 28- Dec 7, and checking out of Dockside on 4th or 5th, and into Sapphire Falls until we leave. Either move is costing me more unfortunately, with the Sapphire Falls stay the most.
Just wondering now if the parks are really busy the week of Thanksgiving?

Reminded of this event too, very popular after hours events in the parks. Ie the parks close early those dates.

They do block off rooms for attendees a few day prior & after the dates for on-site hotels.

Good new is if U do buy tix, are also eligible for the room rates. Details on their web link

“Our Orlando Informer Meetup takes place in Orlando, Florida at Universal Orlando Resort on November 18-19, December 2-3, and 9-10, 2022”

Thank you! I looked up the Orlando Informer Meetup hotel rates and they are higher than what we booked for on the Loews site.
Changed our dates to Nov 14 to 23, staying at Dockside.
Hopefully will be a bit quieter now that we are dodging the cheerleaders! :cheer2:📣:cheer2:📣:cheer2:📣:cheer2:📣:cheer2:📣

Daughter is a cheerleader, High School and College. Have been to WDW for championships a few times. It can be a bit much if you can't tune out the large crowds of overly excited girls everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a cheerleader when staying at a resort they are at.

Daughter is a cheerleader, High School and College. Have been to WDW for championships a few times. It can be a bit much if you can't tune out the large crowds of overly excited girls everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a cheerleader when staying at a resort they are at.
“Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a cheerleader when staying at a resort they are at.”
:laughing:😂🤣:laughing: 🙀
I can honestly say I’ve never heard that before!

Aww! I’m sure they’re all sweet and super talented, but we just need something a little more peaceful and quiet. Having worked in schools I know how excited they can get! Altnough there’s no guarantee we‘re hoping to get some much needed r & r when not in the parks.

Our party guests are at deluxe resorts - so far we know of Swan & Dolphin, Four Seasons and Ritz.

Our first preference was US/IOA on Dec 4. They’re including express unlimited so that weekend lines might be longer until around 4 pm (events are in the evenings).

Here at Cabana Bay with the cheerleaders now. There was a lot of noise around the pool last night when I got back around 10:30, but my room does not face the pool thankfully. The parents annoy me more than the kids, not sure if the connecting door makes it worse, but they were talking and laughing loudly past 1 AM. Had to dig out my noise cancelling ear buds to sleep. I will be out late the next 2 nights so should be better!

Avoid Dec 2-4. Big company event all paid vacations (approx 10k people) descending upon WDW/US+IOA with VIP access.
Descend they did!! We stayed at Disney from November 30- December 4. The first 2 days the crowd level was wonderful. Spent the first day at Epcot and the next day at the MK and really enjoyed the parks and rode, did what we wanted. Then on Dec. 2 it seemed like someone hit a switch and masses of people descended on the parks. I expected crowds at Epcot on a weekend but this was like body surfing around the world showcase! You just couldn't move. Nice to know what part of the problem was at least.

Packing up to leave Surfside as I type this, but Pop Warner teams were here my whole stay. The resort was great but the players and their parents/chaperones were awful. I had to call several nights after 11pm due to noise. Literally groups of people yelling and running through the halls. Trash was left wherever they went. Playing their own loud sometimes vulgar music at the pool bar on Bluetooth speakers. I truly felt bad for all of the team members working here. They worked so hard just to maintain public areas and I can only imagine what the guest rooms looked like.

Packing up to leave Surfside as I type this, but Pop Warner teams were here my whole stay. The resort was great but the players and their parents/chaperones were awful. I had to call several nights after 11pm due to noise. Literally groups of people yelling and running through the halls. Trash was left wherever they went. Playing their own loud sometimes vulgar music at the pool bar on Bluetooth speakers. I truly felt bad for all of the team members working here. They worked so hard just to maintain public areas and I can only imagine what the guest rooms looked like.
OMG! I feel so sorry for you! we hit the end of a dance convention for Florida kids and THAT was bad enough in April! Any one have any idea when this "event' is happening next year( we definitely want to avoid it- love kids but not like this!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter