Noises from the parks on 6/1

VandVsmama

DIS Veteran
Heard in the parks yesterday:

"When can we go on Grizzly River Rabbits?"

"Come over here, Mustache!"

"Where did the wanderer go? I swear, you need that husband on a leash or something."

"But what about Grizzly River Rabids?"

Person 1: "I heard you bought an Indiana Jones whip in the Indiana Jones store at Adventureland."
Person 2: "Yeah, to complete my collection."
Person 3: "Please no more whips."
Person 4: "And no more nae nae's either."

Last visit; Why are we in such a hurry? I thought we came here to relax and enjoy the park?
For what it costs to be here we are going to do everything, I don't care if you enjoy it or not!
:p:snooty::):scared::rolleyes: :listen: :headache::(:crazy2::smooth::tongue::crazy::sad::sad1::sad2::rolleyes2:upsidedow:worried::-)>:(8-):P:D:oops:o_O:smokin:

Heard in the parks yesterday:

"When can we go on Grizzly River Rabbits?"

"Come over here, Mustache!"

"Where did the wanderer go? I swear, you need that husband on a leash or something."

"But what about Grizzly River Rabids?"

Person 1: "I heard you bought an Indiana Jones whip in the Indiana Jones store at Adventureland."
Person 2: "Yeah, to complete my collection."
Person 3: "Please no more whips."
Person 4: "And no more nae nae's either."

That final convo!! LOL

Last visit; Why are we in such a hurry? I thought we came here to relax and enjoy the park?
For what it costs to be here we are going to do everything, I don't care if you enjoy it or not!
:p:snooty::):scared::rolleyes: :listen: :headache::(:crazy2::smooth::tongue::crazy::sad::sad1::sad2::rolleyes2:upsidedow:worried::-)>:(8-):P:D:oops:o_O:smokin:
Not my best parenting moment ever, but.... Someone may have heard me once say, "This is the happiest place on Earth, so adjust your attitude and be happy!" My kid doesn't do well with routine changes, so our first trip was tough for both of us :-/

Not my best parenting moment ever, but.... Someone may have heard me once say, "This is the happiest place on Earth, so adjust your attitude and be happy!" My kid doesn't do well with routine changes, so our first trip was tough for both of us :-/

My kids have been highly exposed to Disneyland in their short life span (5 trips before the age of 7 is a lot for people out of the US in my opinion) and we have heard and given some whopping exchanges. Try my best never to get upset at my kids, but on our fourth trip (I did it alone after being divorced) there I was a single dad with two kids aged 6 and 5 waiting at the tomorrowland entrance rope drop first thing in the morning. Been the first person in line at the front entrance, we had been awake a long time. It's not even 8 am and I am mentally preparing myself for a good 12 to 13 hours at the park. The week leading up - "what is the first ride kids?" "STAR TOURS!!!!" Been one the ride a dozen times from a previous trip. Kids are totally jacked.

Three minutes before the rope drop, the youngest one says.

"I don't want to do it"
"Why not?"
"I don't"
"Come on. You'll love it. You've done it. It'll be great"

Rope drop - kid starts crying.
Drag him through the line up. Have a time out break along the way while being trampled. Get him in the ride. Cast member starts the preamble. My kid looses it.

"I don't want to go"
"Why?"
"I'm afraid of Vader"

Sobbing. Concerned parents begin to try and reassure. Cast member doesn't know what to do. I PUT MY HANDS OVER HIS MOUTH AND TELL HER TO START THE RIDE. Everyone laughs. The ride begins.

Like a drug kicking in, thirty seconds into screen time he is numb to everything. Ride ends and he yells out.

"LET'S DO IT AGAIN"

So yeah, all I was thinking was "This is the happiest place on Earth damn it. Change your attitude."

My kids have been highly exposed to Disneyland in their short life span (5 trips before the age of 7 is a lot for people out of the US in my opinion) and we have heard and given some whopping exchanges. Try my best never to get upset at my kids, but on our fourth trip (I did it alone after being divorced) there I was a single dad with two kids aged 6 and 5 waiting at the tomorrowland entrance rope drop first thing in the morning. Been the first person in line at the front entrance, we had been awake a long time. It's not even 8 am and I am mentally preparing myself for a good 12 to 13 hours at the park. The week leading up - "what is the first ride kids?" "STAR TOURS!!!!" Been one the ride a dozen times from a previous trip. Kids are totally jacked.

Three minutes before the rope drop, the youngest one says.

"I don't want to do it"
"Why not?"
"I don't"
"Come on. You'll love it. You've done it. It'll be great"

Rope drop - kid starts crying.
Drag him through the line up. Have a time out break along the way while being trampled. Get him in the ride. Cast member starts the preamble. My kid looses it.

"I don't want to go"
"Why?"
"I'm afraid of Vader"

Sobbing. Concerned parents begin to try and reassure. Cast member doesn't know what to do. I PUT MY HANDS OVER HIS MOUTH AND TELL HER TO START THE RIDE. Everyone laughs. The ride begins.

Like a drug kicking in, thirty seconds into screen time he is numb to everything. Ride ends and he yells out.

"LET'S DO IT AGAIN"

So yeah, all I was thinking was "This is the happiest place on Earth damn it. Change your attitude."
This is why the disboards. It's good to know other parents "suck it up buttercup" sometimes in the parks!

Sobbing. Concerned parents begin to try and reassure. Cast member doesn't know what to do. I PUT MY HANDS OVER HIS MOUTH AND TELL HER TO START THE RIDE. Everyone laughs.

This may be the darkest story I've seen on this board. Wow.

I was there yesterday too
Waiting time for the ride was 105 min
.... "it's a 1hr 5min wait"
No.... 105min = 1hr 45min
Oh dear....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter