Noise from parks heard at resorts...?

Mandy aka Minnie

Mouseketeer
I've been reading alot of posts lately about being able to hear noise from the parks at some of the resorts. I think this would be really neat! So here's my question...

At which Disney Resorts can you hear noises from the parks? And also, what can you hear? I don't know, something about this just really caught my attention. Thanks for any info!! :) :) :)

When we stayed at the WL I was able to hear the rehearsals for the MVMCP parade and shows. We were there during the first week that MVMCP was scheduled for that year and on Tuesday and Wednesday night you could see the lighting and hear the music late in the evening as they practiced. I imagine if you were staying in the CR (especially the Tower) you would have not only heard it clearly, but seen it clearly also!

We had the same experience at the Poly a couple of years later. The sound travels so well over the water it's remarkable.

I imagine that staying at the YC/BC gives you an earful from EPCOT!

At the Poly--hearing the Wolf from HM howl is a great perk. When we were there in Sept., we could hear parade music late at night. We think they were practicing for the opening of the new parades.
We stayed at the Cont. in Dec. and didn't hear much of anything... but we were in the north wing, I'm sure the tower is a different experience.

At OKW you can hear Epcot at night and PI. It is kind of nice to sit on the balcony and see the fireworks part of Illuminations.

Here at the CBR you definitely know when it's 9:12 pm every night as the cannon-like sounds and orange smoky clouds are a dead giveaway that it's closing time at Epcot.

BJ

From the beach at the Poly, we could hear the train's whistle from the MK....and from our balcony at the Dolphin, we could hear the music from the Tapestry of Dream's parade, as well as the faint soundtrack from Illuminations! The view of the fireworks was unbelievable!

Grand Floridian you can hear the MK train whistle, howling from Haunted Mansion, fireworks, and in the morning and evening even the music played on Main Street sometimes.

BWI, Beach Club, BWV you can hear the Epcot fireworks. At BWI you can also hear the soundtrack for Illuminations. At BWV you can also hear parts of Fantasmic.

Anne

I guess I'm unobservant...I don't recall hearing anything from the parks at the Poly or the YC, other than the fireworks. When we were at the resorts during fireworks time, we were of course watching them.:D I think overall it was rather quiet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter