No USB outlets in Saratoga room, where to buy adapter?

ameetee

Earning My Ears
All the moderate and deluxe resorts I have stayed at in the past 5 years had multiple USB outlets, so I did not come prepared for a room with none. Anyone know where to buy a USB to standard outlet adapter? Preferably one with multiple USB inputs.

Are you in an updated room? I was in a one bedroom in November, and they had USB plugs in both lamps on each side of the bed, as well as USB plugs in the pulldown Murphy bed wall unit shelving. Kind of hidden but they were there. Also, look on the sides of the big dresser in the bedroom. I also believe next to the big vanity, and I want to say there was one in the kitchen area on the counter. Might be more, but those are the ones I remember.

Last edited:
Maybe it isn't updated. I'll do another hunt when I get back to my room. It is a Deluxe Studio.

Maybe it isn't updated. I'll do another hunt when I get back to my room. It is a Deluxe Studio.

Congress Park, the Springs and the Paddock area is completed, The other two areas are being worked on,

If your room has a pull out couch, it is not renovated.

Then you are most likely in a non renovated room. How about Amazon Prime Now? They can deliver to the resorts. I don’t know if they sell what you are looking for but it was great when we needed something in January.

Get Anker brand if possible from Prime Now or alternatively, the gift shop will sell some.

Weird. People stated months ago the Carousel rooms were closed for refurbishment. Do you have a sofa bed or the pull down Murphy bed in the couch? If it’s a new room there are USB’s in the lamps, on both sides of the dresser and in the outlet in the bathroom. Last I heard was the last 2 buildings in the Grandstand were closed for refurbishment.

Last edited:
Here's some pics of my room.565016

Not remodeled, right?

I only have a couple days left, and I did find a one outlet USB plug in my suitcase that I thought I removed cause it never got used. So I swap what is being charged when I wake up in the middle of the night. And I bought a fuel rod to swap out in the parks. But that doesn't last very long.

But here was my not so magical experience...

Front desk told me to look behind the TV and between the beds. Nope. And the USB port on the TV itself doesn't charge. I also heard the guy mumbling about all the rooms being remodeled before I hung up the phone. 😡

Girl at the store in Artists Pallete (where they had UK to USA outlet converters) said they don't sell them, but to look in the alarm clock. I don't have an alarm clock. She also suggested asking for one from lost and found like someone here did.

D-tech in Disney Springs has one locked in a case and when I asked about it, they said they didn't actually have any.

No other stores had any, and when asked would direct me to Fuelrods.

Front desk told me to look behind the TV and between the beds. Nope. And the USB port on the TV itself doesn't charge. I also heard the guy mumbling about all the rooms being remodeled before I hung up the phone.

I understand your frustration. It seems like something that should be easy to purchase if necessary.

It sounds like you called "the front desk" on the phone. People here on the Dis say that when you do that, you are not actually speaking to someone in your hotel; you are speaking to someone at an off-site call center who might not have even set foot in your hotel.

I understand your frustration. It seems like something that should be easy to purchase if necessary.

It sounds like you called "the front desk" on the phone. People here on the Dis say that when you do that, you are not actually speaking to someone in your hotel; you are speaking to someone at an off-site call center who might not have even set foot in your hotel.

That was exactly what it sounded like, a call center. I actually picked up on that when they didn't mention Saratoga Springs in their greeting when answering the phone.

Yeah, I might have been clearer when I said “stop by,” emphasizing that you really needed to go physically to the desk and not to call.

Last edited:
Disney has long been difficult to find electronic items like that. I mean - forever. The spots that carried them were the business centers. I do not know if any of them are open but if they are they would be your best bet. Without conventions though I suspect they may still be closed. Otherwise the stores at the Dolphin are better at carrying a variety of useful items.

For future reference for anyone else looking, order from Amazon Prime Now if necessary. I also believe some shops at Disney Springs may have some. I believe there also used to be a Best Buy vending machine that sold them at Disney Springs.

There is/was a shop just off the exit from AVATAR that had a vending machine that had extra batteries... not sure if they had adapters. Ask at the front desk if anyone could charge your phone for you while you have lunch. Good luck.

Here's some pics of my room.View attachment 565016
View attachment 565017View attachment 565018

Not remodeled, right?

I only have a couple days left, and I did find a one outlet USB plug in my suitcase that I thought I removed cause it never got used. So I swap what is being charged when I wake up in the middle of the night. And I bought a fuel rod to swap out in the parks. But that doesn't last very long.

But here was my not so magical experience...

Front desk told me to look behind the TV and between the beds. Nope. And the USB port on the TV itself doesn't charge. I also heard the guy mumbling about all the rooms being remodeled before I hung up the phone. 😡

Girl at the store in Artists Pallete (where they had UK to USA outlet converters) said they don't sell them, but to look in the alarm clock. I don't have an alarm clock. She also suggested asking for one from lost and found like someone here did.

D-tech in Disney Springs has one locked in a case and when I asked about it, they said they didn't actually have any.

No other stores had any, and when asked would direct me to Fuelrods.
Yes that is definitely not refurbished. That is odd. The old rooms did not have any USB ports that I can remember. I would let them know your room is not refurbished. I don’t see how they could skip a room or building. Makes no sense. Up here in the northeast all gas stations have all kinds of charging cords and car and outlet USB plugs. The fuel rods are small, not going to charge much, I think they are 2,600 mah. I bring a 6,000 mah one with us. It hardly gets used, but it is nice to have. I wonder if your room is going to be like the few studio rooms at BLT where they didn’t remove the other sink.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter