No trash bags in trash cans - is this new for onsite resorts?

I can't remember the last time there was a garbage liner in our garbage can, not just at a Disney resort but any hotel we've stayed at in the past 5 or 6 years or so.
We just always have plastic bags, so I use them to line the cans.

Currently at YC, we have plastic bags lining the 3 tiny garbage cans in our room. We were at Riviera for 2 nights before YC. The kitchen trash can had a bag, don’t remember about the others. I agree if they continue this housekeeping method, bigger cans would be good. It’s only 2 of us & we aren’t really even eating in the room, but the cans are still filling up.

We were also here last month. The first evening I noticed piles of garbage piled up next to the cans outside the elevators. I thought that was strange & so gross. Then we did a take out order from Ale & Compass & I totally got it. You have so much garbage after doing the take out & it would be even grosser to keep it in the room for 2 days. Also, I noticed all the garbage was picked up from those elevator bank cans pretty quickly.

We spent two nights at GF on our last trip and were rather shocked/disgusted at the amount of mobile/to go order trash the four of us were able to produce in such a short amount of time.

I’m all for the flexibility of mobile ordering during pandemic times, but WOW does it create a lot of trash!

There weren't any liners in the trash bins in our room at the GF. We used the paper bags from the quick service food purchases for our trash and then put the bags in the large garbage bins located outside the door to our building.

I was going to make a thread and ask about this. Here at POP and I know 2 years ago we had one can with no liner - recycling and others had them. I am sooo annnoyed. Especially the bath one. Some things go in those that are simply gross without a liner. Thank God I happen to have target bags

No bags in our trash cans when I was in Wilderness Lodge in June. I'm all for less plastic waste, but I'm not so sure in this case. Maybe a biodegradable bag of some sort might be better for the liners, something that will degrade after several days and not right away. Yeah, it can certainly be gross!

They need to provide bags at least in the bathroom. Gross to not have a bag - you know they're probably never cleaning those garbage cans. What about feminine product waste and dirty diapers/dirty baby wipes and such? Because you know people are just going to throw a poopy wipe in the garbage can - bag or no bag. And gross for the next people staying there. Sorry - had to say it! Maybe disney will read this and get some garbage bags!!!!!!!

Glad I stumbled across this thread. I'm adding garbage bags to my packing list for our June trip. We definitely had liners in most (if not all) of our trash and recycling bins in our suite at AoA on our last trip (in 2018). They always had a few extras in the bottom of the bin as well -- and I usually grabbed one or two of those to keep in my pocket while we were at the parks. They're great for putting down on a wet seat on POTC, Splash, etc.

On my last couple of stays onsite, we have experienced no bags in trash cans (the liners). This has happened at ASMo and Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge. Is this a matter of being "green" for the environment? Or, perhaps they just forgot to put them in the can? I didn't want to put messy food containers right in the (way too small) cans in the room. Last week, we luckily had a couple of grocery bags we were able to use. For the next trip, I'll add trash bags to my packing list. Just wondered your thoughts about this (and if you've experienced this).
Yes, we just got back a week ago and none of the trash cans in any of our 3 rooms had bags in them. We thought it was so odd. I guess maybe they just powerwash them between stays??

We had liners in our cans at CBR but they were ill fitted and if we needed the emptied on non-servicing days (we ate a lot in our room) we had to call to get them emptied. Mousekeeping always came but it generally took awhile. After reading other threads I had a small box of bathroom sized garbage bags included with our instacart order. Was very helpful for food containers and diapers.

We must be special :rotfl2:as we have always had trash liners in every trash container in every room we have ever stayed in.

Our last stay was Oct 2019 in a Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa - no liners in any of the cans in any of the rooms.

I have always asked for a roll on arrival. As above there are many reasons why they are needed, food scrapes are the least offensive reason. Used to be you could find extras hidden under the one lining the can. However, I am also adding to packing list as essentials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter