No Together Forever fireworks the last week of August?

Drnifer

Where's my super suit?
I planned a quick trip (coming from Indiana) August 26-29 to check out Pixar fest before it’s over. Looking at the schedule there are no fireworks scheduled during that week. I realize after summer they only do fireworks on weekend, but there’s nothing scheduled on Sunday or even the next Friday. Is the schedule just not updated yet? I’m thinking about changing our reservation to come in on Saturday because the fireworks are one of the main reasons for making the trip. What would you do?

I planned a quick trip (coming from Indiana) August 26-29 to check out Pixar fest before it’s over. Looking at the schedule there are no fireworks scheduled during that week. I realize after summer they only do fireworks on weekend, but there’s nothing scheduled on Sunday or even the next Friday. Is the schedule just not updated yet? I’m thinking about changing our reservation to come in on Saturday because the fireworks are one of the main reasons for making the trip. What would you do?
I think the schedule hasn’t been updated yet.

With the frequency of fireworks cancellations at Disneyland due to wind, I wouldn't plan a trip from Indiana just to see the fireworks. I'd totally still go to Disneyland, fireworks or no.

With the frequency of fireworks cancellations at Disneyland due to wind, I wouldn't plan a trip from Indiana just to see the fireworks. I'd totally still go to Disneyland, fireworks or no.

I hear this a lot. They were cancelled on my first ever trip, but since then I've never seen it. Anecdotal I know. But how often does it actually happen?

I hear this a lot. They were cancelled on my first ever trip, but since then I've never seen it. Anecdotal I know. But how often does it actually happen?
I think it actually happens quite frequently. And I agree with the PP that i would not choose dates based on when they have fireworks because they are not guaranteed. They have stopped fireworks right before and even after they have started.

Don't really know. It's dependent on weather. I only have my own experiences/remembrances to go on. They were cancelled New Year's Eve 2007 and 2015. I've been during my kids' school's spring break period every year but one since 2005, and they have been cancelled on at least one night during at least 4 or 5 of those trips, probably more often, hard to remember them distrinctly. I know they've been cancelled occasionally during our holiday trips over the years, sometimes multiple nights in a row. My brother often visits during September and has definitely texted me to complain about fireworks being cancelled. He was down there during some very bad windy periods though. I know the winds can really kick up during September and October. Anyway, I never go to Disneyland with one absolute must-do to plan a whole trip around because you just never know what can happen. Fireworks to me would be one of the more unreliable must-dos. I have heard that fireworks are more subject to cancellation since Disneyland isn't isolated from the rest of Anaheim, so if the winds are blowing significantly enough, ash can get carried out into the rest of the city.

We went last year right after Labor Day. We had originally planned for the last week of August but there was a nasty heat wave so we rescheduled. In our planning we noted that summer entertainment winds down toward the end of August and hours are shorter. The last week of August may have a lot less of everything and the following week even less. BUT crowd levels were delightfully low. We had very little use for FP and didn't wait longer than 20 minutes for anything.

We’re still going, but that was a major factor in deciding dates. We were there last October and Halloween Screams and World of Color were both cancelled, so it was a major disappointment.

We will be there the same week. I think they haven't updated the entertainment schedule yet. As of yesterday, the Pixar Play Parade wasn't listed and there still is no information for the Jedi training or any other show. I am hoping there are more days than just Friday. We're going to see the early Fantasmic and will watch the fireworks from our seats on Friday. I'd love to be able to see them from Main Street earlier in the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter