No summer promotion on certain resorts?

mbh106

Mouseketeer
We're hoping to stay at a deluxe resort for the first time this summer if they have a promotion that we can afford. YC or BC would be our first choice, but I checked several dates for June and July and all the standard rooms are already booked for many of the dates! Is it possible there won't be any discounts on those resorts since they are filling up at standard rates?

We're hoping to stay at a deluxe resort for the first time this summer if they have a promotion that we can afford. YC or BC would be our first choice, but I checked several dates for June and July and all the standard rooms are already booked for many of the dates! Is it possible there won't be any discounts on those resorts since they are filling up at standard rates?
Or it's possible that the discounts will only be for the more expensive rooms as the standards are already booked.

I have only seen these promotions ran within a month or two prior to making a resort reservation. I have never seen them at any of the pricey resorts. Has anyone actually been able to do that at a deluxe hotel on the grounds?

WDW almost always seems to start a promo for summer around the second week of March that usually includes the deluxe resorts. With the complexity of the WDW reservation system it is hard to say whether or not a certain resort will be available under the promo. There is usually availability for Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The others, you just have to wait and see.:)

If course there are no standards available... You must pay more to get your discount :confused3 when I spoke to CM today YC garden view was available for the discount... But be careful if you have an existing reservation and you cancel and make a new reservation to apply the summer discount you will be charged the " new " ticket price which lessens your discount even more... good luck

I was totally disappointed that only Pirate rooms were included at CBR for the summer promo. We love CBR and just aren't willing to change, so I will just have to suck it up. I have never gone without some sort of discount, so it was a real bummer. I'm sure it has something to do with their recent refurb.

I was totally disappointed that only Pirate rooms were included at CBR for the summer promo. We love CBR and just aren't willing to change, so I will just have to suck it up. I have never gone without some sort of discount, so it was a real bummer. I'm sure it has something to do with their recent refurb.
This is us exactly. We've never stayed elsewhere, we know it like the back of our hand, and absolutely love CBR. Unfortunately, I'm with you in that I'm terribly annoyed that the discount was only on Pirate rooms. They're not our style for theming (we have a daughter), they're furthest from everything, and are more expensive than standard rooms on top of that. So, the discount isn't really a discount for us and isn't an incentive to stay at CBR. At this point, we're really not sure what we want to do because it's a hard pill to swallow paying more for a room you don't even want to be in.

I have only seen these promotions ran within a month or two prior to making a resort reservation. I have never seen them at any of the pricey resorts. Has anyone actually been able to do that at a deluxe hotel on the grounds?
I had 30% off of a Poly room this past September. But that was a theme park view room.. I don't remember about the standard view ones since I was only interested in TPV.

Discounts only get offered if they haven't hit certain targeted levels for occupancy. So standard rooms at a deluxe may very well fill up faster than a more expensive class, so no discount gets offered. You can always check here -> http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/ to see if there is a likelihood of a second round of discounts being offered, but usually if they didn't discount it the first time, it won't change the second time. Remember that in more recent years/discounts, there have been more and more dates excluded, rooms types/resorts excluded, and in some cases even varying discounts within a resort for the same day. The discounts are becoming much more targeted to fill empty rooms.

Discounts only get offered if they haven't hit certain targeted levels for occupancy. So standard rooms at a deluxe may very well fill up faster than a more expensive class, so no discount gets offered. You can always check here -> http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/ to see if there is a likelihood of a second round of discounts being offered, but usually if they didn't discount it the first time, it won't change the second time. Remember that in more recent years/discounts, there have been more and more dates excluded, rooms types/resorts excluded, and in some cases even varying discounts within a resort for the same day. The discounts are becoming much more targeted to fill empty rooms.
I know for our 2015 trip I booked @ 65 days in advance. BUT a few weeks later I tried to extend 1 night, and there was no availability. Tried to extend again while there- still sold out.

There's a HUGE difference in paying @ $700 pn vs @ $500 per night. So I think when the discount is offered, the tpv does sell out quickly.

Yes, Yacht Club garden view was available and only about $7 more than the standard view when I booked last week! Check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter