No standard rooms left??!

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
We went to book our Sept 2020 trip through Disney on Tuesday and the deal we had been seeing for a few days then disappeared along with all other deluxe resorts’ standard rooms. All that’s left are club level rooms! I checked everyday from 31 aug to 7th October and not a single standard room!

I know the $100 deal ran out on Tuesday and as annoying it is to miss out on we dont mind too much if we can still get free dining.

do you think standard rooms will re-appear?

I know that a couple of years back we were able to book a standard room at SSR for October much further down the line. Think they hold back DVC rooms in case owners decide to book then release the ones that are left. Having said that we had to book POFQ through the WDW American site for New Year a couple of years ago when there was no availability on the UK site. Might be worth a look?

Mrs TT

I've had this too over the last few years when looking ahead as to what sort of prices and rooms are available for future trips. Set my heart on a Yacht Club visit at some point but can't justify anything more than a standard room. I noticed for a long period of time the standard rooms were not available, even a long way out. I contacted Disney a few times to ask about this but there wasn't really a definitive answer, only along the lines of some hotels and roomttypes don't participate in promotions or offers at some times of the year. Basically, rooms haven't sold out, but it's down to what room allocation that Disney UK have been given at any given time and what hotels are offering rooms. But there's no way of telling when or if those room types are going to come back. I've noticed though that occasionally the rooms I've been keeping an eye on do come back much later on in the booking cycle, but probably too late (for me) to get a reasonably priced air fare and to coordinate leave in work.

Are you only checking the website? Sometimes it is worth telephoning to check availability.

They told me that on the phone that they see exactly the same database as the web site. I had rung once with this exact question , why there just didn't appear to be any stabdard rooms appearing, they went and checked and said they could see exactly the same as I could see.

Try other sites like Attraction Tickets Direct. I found a standard room at CSR which wasn't advertised on the WDW site which I booked.

Just did a quick check on their website, and found lots of standard rooms in September 20 at deluxe hotels. Not sure what dates you are looking for, or for how many people.

I have come to th conclusion that a lot of the UK allowance of standard rooms is blocked booked by travel agencies. Sometimes they show up back in inventory closer to the time, sometimes they don’t. Also, there is definitely and element of “upselling” going on by only showing expensive rooms on the Disney UK website. Double whammy!

I know that a couple of years back we were able to book a standard room at SSR for October much further down the line. Think they hold back DVC rooms in case owners decide to book then release the ones that are left. Having said that we had to book POFQ through the WDW American site for New Year a couple of years ago when there was no availability on the UK site. Might be worth a look?

Mrs TT

Just FYI - DVC rooms (booked on points) and cash rooms (booked with a cash payment) are two totally separate inventories, in the real estate arrangement they can't "hold back" cash rooms for DVC booking or vice versa. They *can* "buy" DVC rooms to sell at cash rates if they are not booked, but a back office transaction has to occur before they can actually book them to a cash customer. And AFAIK the transaction does not work in reverse (They can't book a room on points that is part of the cash room inventory, because that changes the value of the points per resort and messes with the timeshare contract).

We went to book our Sept 2020 trip through Disney on Tuesday and the deal we had been seeing for a few days then disappeared along with all other deluxe resorts’ standard rooms. All that’s left are club level rooms! I checked everyday from 31 aug to 7th October and not a single standard room!

I know the $100 deal ran out on Tuesday and as annoying it is to miss out on we dont mind too much if we can still get free dining.

do you think standard rooms will re-appear?
What dates? We booked ours Tuesday for AKL standard room and all except wilderness lodge had rooms. That was 18-30th September

The UK Disney site is in effect a travel agent just like all the others in the UK. The strange bit is when you phone you’ll often end up speaking to somebody in the US who also sells to the US market, however when you are calling on the UK number they will only see the UK allocation.

I know from somebody I talk to online who owns an independent travel agency that the UK allocation for Free Dining this year was extremely small and as it has now been about 6 months since release could also be why so little is now available. I know for my dates in Aug where I booked POFQ for just over 5k now the only moderate is Coronado at over 9k or a cabin at a Fort Wildnerness for 7k.

Looking at the US site is probably your best bet, but you then lose the free dining.

Panic over the standard rooms came back on and we’ve booked the Akl for 17th September -1st October!
We called the number when I couldn’t see anything and they couldn’t find any rooms either!
So guess it’s best just to keep checking!

Panic over the standard rooms came back on and we’ve booked the Akl for 17th September -1st October!
We called the number when I couldn’t see anything and they couldn’t find any rooms either!
So guess it’s best just to keep checking!
Ur there the same time as us. Just flights to book now 🥳🥳

Same time as us too, at Beach Club! We’ve got flights booked with BA; they’re already £300 more than what I paid two weeks ago 😳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter