• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No sites available at all this week!

iradi8

Mouseketeer
I thought this was a slower time to go. Just found out that we have nine days starting tomorrow. We want to go to Disney, but there are no campsites of any type on any night this week! Wow! I'm really bummed. We have pets, so the hotels are out:(

I'm surprised and disappointed:(

I thought this was a slower time to go. Just found out that we have nine days starting tomorrow. We want to go to Disney, but there are no campsites of any type on any night this week! Wow! I'm really bummed. We have pets, so the hotels are out:(

I'm surprised and disappointed:(

Where are you checking? I can't fathom that there are no sites of any type, all week. Keep checking online...especially late at night. There's gotta be some avails this time of year.

If you put in the entire 9 days in the reservation tool, it will come up empty.

This week there are Tent sites available if you check in on Monday Jan 26 and check out on Friday Jan30.

The weekend (Friday and Saturday night is showing no availability). Weekends tend to get booked early by folks ("locals") who come in for a quick weekend stay.

The following week shows Tent and Premium sites available checking in Sunday Feb 1 and checking out Friday Feb 6.

Slow time is relative. It's a slow time in the parks. WDW has added hotel rooms to the resort over the decades as recently as 2012 at AOA. But more campsites haven't been added since 1977 (other than the loop 600 infill). This level of site demand is why the off season rates have increased at an accelerating rate and the weekend kicker has gone from $3 the first year it was implemented to as high as $17 this year.

Supply and Demand is what it is unfortunately.

Bama Ed

Thanks:) I put in each night one by one. We have a 40' RV, so need a regular site. Oh well. I am going to try for later in the year.

I started looking in early December and couldn't get a Saturday night finally got jan 31 and the next Saturday as single nights. Never could get Friday the 30th so we added a couple of days on the other end. All the weekends look full but maybe you can pick up a 5 day cancellation. I think demand is up because the economy is improving and folks have bucks to give to the mouse!

Try putting extra days on front and end, and then cancel what you don't need, look and call twice a day, I put in 17 days once to get 10 I needed in the middle and got them.

Try booking your sites for a longer period of time through the dates you want. Alot of times it will show there is sites. Then, call the reservation number and tell them you want to shorten your stay. They can take the unwanted days away and you still have the days you want. I think they get people to stay longer that way. Works for me all the time.

Blame all the people booking throw aways so they can get magic bands and fp+ at 60 days instead of 30 days

Call Disney Reservations 407-939-1936. I called yesterday to extend our April 5 - 12 reservation by a night. They were great. I always call rather than fool with the on-line tool and the CMs do everything they can to make it happen. I agree with the recommendation to try everyday as people make reservations and then cancel them.

Yep, I second calling instead of online. They can tell you what combinations are available without you having to search a million times. Plus then you get to be told to "have a magical day!"

Tried calling...no luck. Tried longer length of stay, nothing. Tried all of the tricks I know and nothing. We went to Disney anyway and stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Had to get my parents to take the pets:) It's a beautiful hotel and we loved it. However, it was not our RV:) The people in the room next to us woke us up before dawn every morning with young kids screaming and playing and a very loud talking dad. Ugh:( People walking in the hallways late at night are also very loud as are the kids running in the halls very late at night. It was nice to be able to try out a hotel, but I really like our RV and sleep much better in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter