No selfie sticks.... but what about Gimbles...

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
I realize that Disney parks no longer allow selfie sticks into the parks.... but what about gimbles for phones. I need it for stabilizing when I film as my hands are super shakey...
Does anyone have any info??
Thanks in advance

Use them 3 times a week for my live streams . Be prepared to be stopped by cm who do not know the difference between a gimbal and a selfie stick, I just explain that it doesn't extend and they walk away

I use a non-extending mini-tripod, that doubles as a hand grip for my camera. On our past Xmas/NY trip, including 8 days in the parks, only ONE security person at bag check (believe it was the Contemporary walk way bag check for MK) asked us about it. But I did get asked about it by multiple CMs a day in the parks (politely inquiring as to whether the stick extends), except once in AK, where a young woman insisted she was being nice not confiscating my tripod and asking me to put it in my bag, even after I explained to her that it's not a selfie stick and security gave their OK.

My husband has a gimbal and a GoPro sport stick. He gets questioned constantly by CMs asking if either is retractable. They are not.

Just be prepared for them asking you.

I brought my gimbal and no one ever asked me about it but I suppose it's all CM dependent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter