• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NO ROOM FOR ECV ON BUS

It seemed like 30% of the buses last year were those loaner buses. When I went in June this year, it would seem that they’re back to nearly all of the regular buses. The only charter buses I saw were for bus trips and off property hotels.

Last edited:
My family just got back from a long trip (Oct 23 thru Nov 8).
We stayed at Old Key West, which can’t do the large buses or double buses because of the turnarounds. We didn‘t see any of the large double buses or tour buses at the park pick up stops.
The non-accessible tour type buses are most likely to be used at the value resorts at the busiest tmes

We stayed at Old Key West, which can’t do the large buses or double buses because of the turnarounds. We didn‘t see any of the large double buses or tour buses at the park pick up stops.
The non-accessible tour type buses are most likely to be used at the value resorts at the busiest tmes

I saw a number of the large tour buses at MK closing on 11/1 and again in the evening (but not quite at closing) when we left on 11/2. So they are still around.

It is also real fun when one of those charter buses shows up that can't accommodate any wheelchairs/ECVs. Luckily that only happened once on our last trip.

To be honest, in the last 10-12 years, we have only had to wait because of not enough spaces on the bus a couple of times. And that is when we were at AOA, which just has SO MANY people and the end of the night is a madhouse.
If you can transfer, the charter busses can accommodate ECVs, they can be stored in the luggage areas like they do with the strollers. Just let them know you can transfer and be polite, as DH found out, it also helps if you offer to help load/unload the scooter and of course be kind to the driver. But there is plenty of room there to do it, just fold the seat down first.

They're at every resort except the ones that physically can't handle a larger bus in the driveway. Last winter they were a full 50% of the buses at CSR. We started staying at POFQ instead because the driveway is smaller, and it's gone from one coach every once in awhile to several coaches every evening especially to/from EPCOT. The CM I spoke to last year said it was "only" 20% of vehicles across the fleet, but it's not evenly distributed and seem to be increasing.

If you can transfer, the charter busses can accommodate ECVs, they can be stored in the luggage areas like they do with the strollers. Just let them know you can transfer and be polite, as DH found out, it also helps if you offer to help load/unload the scooter and of course be kind to the driver. But there is plenty of room there to do it, just fold the seat down first.
Some will. When we asked, they said they weren't allowed (even though mine folds up to the size of a stroller). Not sure if that's a rule change in one direction or the other or varies driver-by-driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter