• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No rofr decisions dec 8-20?

This doesn't shock me, quite frankly. Resale directly competes with direct contracts, so part of me thinks Disney would take a little pleasure in making prospective resale owners wait even longer. "Oh, you are buying resale and want us to hurry up and process your transaction? LOL, we are closing for several weeks so you will have to wait until we feel like doing it."

ROFR is Disney, not DVC. Either way, I am not sure how they would "automate" a decision on invoking ROFR. I would assume their criteria on which contracts to purchase is constantly changing. At the end of the day, it would need to be a human being making the call on those things.
ROFR is Disney Vacation Development (the same source as all direct sales).

Same issue here, and I have points that need to be used fairly quickly.
I also have 2021 points that need to be banked on another February UY add-on contract I closed on Monday. MS said they were having some issues, but they'd get banked eventually. Since it was a direct contract, DVC will bank those 2021 points right up until January 31, so I'm in no hurry, but they did say they were having some issues.

We closed a contract we were selling about a week ago, the points just left our account, so transfers are still taking place.

I just had both a resale contract I bought and its points appear in my account yesterday.

I just had both a resale contract I bought and its points appear in my account yesterday.
I probably saw it already, but when did that one close and the deed record?

ETA: Never mind, that was the one that closed on 12/1. Thanks.

Yes
I probably saw it already, but when did that one close and the deed record?

ETA: Never mind, that was the one that closed on 12/1. Thanks.
Yes, closed 12/1 and deed recorded 12/2.
I have another where I received and returned closing docs on 12/8 but am still waiting on the seller to return theirs. As someone else reported that Mason said they weren’t processing any closings before 12/20, I’m not expecting mine to close before then. Which probably means I won’t have points before the new year.

Yes

Yes, closed 12/1 and deed recorded 12/2.
I have another where I received and returned closing docs on 12/8 but am still waiting on the seller to return theirs. As someone else reported that Mason said they weren’t processing any closings before 12/20, I’m not expecting mine to close before then. Which probably means I won’t have points before the new year.
I have one that closed on 12/6 with the deed recording the same day. I thought it was no ROFR decisions between 12/8 and 12/20 (which has also proven not to be true).

I spoke to my Broker who said its ROFR decisions only and should not affect closing
Mine said the opposite (Cammy at mason Title). She said we can't close until after December 20th but ROFR is still going through lol. My ROFR went through on 12/9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter