No rides and just walk around the parks?

Coming from New York and the costs involved, rides are the first priority. But by the end of the trip. I've done all the rides I want and I do spend some time just walking around the parks. I love soaking in the background music and doing some people watching.

Anyone ever go and just walk around the parks without actually doing any rides? Just walk around taking in the sights and do a little people watching? Epcot is a favorite for this.

As others have said, I'd really have to have an AP to make it worthwhile. Though, that gets me to thinking if I had the time, what I would do if I had a hopper and one day just to walk around and do watch some of the shows. 😅

What does people watching entail just watchIng others?

I love the rides still I guess i haven’t gotten to thst point yet!

What does people watching entail just watchIng others?

I love the rides still I guess i haven’t gotten to thst point yet!

Pretty much. Just sitting, enjoying the sites of other people enjoying the park. It can be very relaxing. I'm with you on still enjoying the rides, but sometimes it pays to just stop and look around.

:wave: My DH and I just love to hang out (especially at EPCOT) We usually like to start our day in Mexico, grab a drink, sit by the water... Then move along to Germany, grab a pretzel, sit and people watch. From there, UK and a Guiness! Nice and relaxing. We do eat, watch some of the circlevision stuff...

:wave: My DH and I just love to hang out (especially at EPCOT) We usually like to start our day in Mexico, grab a drink, sit by the water... Then move along to Germany, grab a pretzel, sit and people watch. From there, UK and a Guiness! Nice and relaxing. We do eat, watch some of the circlevision stuff...

I will second your statement! We love going to Epcot at night, use our 4th FP, and then walk over to the countries for the rest of the evening. We typically get an adult beverage, followed by the huge pretzels from Germany (or whatever else the kids want). After that, we walk around, shop and hang out until the fireworks! Enjoy!

Yes. We occasionally do this. We love checking out shops, eating, walking around and people watching. :) My kids are even like this. I’ll ask them if they want to go on some rides, but sometimes they’re content just walking around doing nothing. Lol.

We are annual passholders and love doing this to just have a bite and catch the Dapper Dans or the piano player at Casey’s or other Streetmosphere characters, and things like that. We are bummed that this meandering has been ruined in Hollywood Studios due to massive Star Wars crowds. It was one of my favorite meandering/Streetmosphere parks.

I think if I do finally buy DVC, my next trip will be just the resorts. I’ve never eaten at or visited a whole bunch of them. Never seen Wilderness Lodge or ridden the boats. Haven‘t explored Contemporary or Polynesian in probably 40 years. We rode the Skyliner one morning, it would be fun to visit those resorts, pool hop, visit Disney Springs, do Monorail tours and save $1600 +- on theme park tickets for 3. Maybe head over to Universal for a few days.

Anyone ever go and just walk around the parks without actually doing any rides? Just walk around taking in the sights and do a little people watching? Epcot is a favorite for this.
All the time. Epcot is great for people watching. Hollywood Studios is great for street performances. AK is great for animal watching. MK is great for watching parents and/or their 6 yr olds melt down.

I fell asleep on a shady patch of lawn in World Showcase once after coming in on a red-eye and was out cold for 2 or three hours. I woke up to Mary Poppins telling someone she was sure I wasn't a vagrant or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter