• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No pressed pennies at Pandora - Substitute?

According to a CM at Windtraders, there are no Pandora pressed pennies available because “the Na’vi don’t use or believe in money.” This CM was overseeing the $55 banshee line and managed to say this with a straight face. I mean come on!

I replied back in an obviously joking tone “How do the Na’vi feel about you selling their sacred banshees as shoulder pets for $60 a piece?” He was NOT pleased.

Everyone has their little Disney thing that’s important to them and the pressed pennies are mine. Is there any precedent for a major land not having its own penny? I’m struggling to think of one.

Any thoughts on a good substitute are also welcome! :)

I'm not sure of a substitute but that is a wonderful comeback, even if a joke. We also collect the pennies but I think my daughters like them just so they can turn the big wheel around and around.

A lot of places are doing the souvenir coins now instead of pressed pennies. My kids love those and they were everywhere on our Paris trip, including Disneyland. Maybe they have something like that?

According to a CM at Windtraders, there are no Pandora pressed pennies available because “the Na’vi don’t use or believe in money.” This CM was overseeing the $55 banshee line and managed to say this with a straight face. I mean come on!

I replied back in an obviously joking tone “How do the Na’vi feel about you selling their sacred banshees as shoulder pets for $60 a piece?” He was NOT pleased.

This whole exchange is hilarious! :laughing:

We also collect the pennies but I think my daughters like them just so they can turn the big wheel around and around.

My boys too and we were so disappointed how many machines were just a push button or worse the ones that cost more than 51 cents

A lot of places are doing the souvenir coins now instead of pressed pennies. My kids love those and they were everywhere on our Paris trip, including Disneyland. Maybe they have something like that?

Not to hijack the thread but what was average cost of those coins? hadn't even thought of them being in Paris

My boys too and we were so disappointed how many machines were just a push button or worse the ones that cost more than 51 cents

Really? Pressed pennies are souvenirs we have been looking forward to, but I never considered they'd be more than 51 cents - what sorts of prices are charged? Do you recall where any machines are that ARE hand crank operated? That's part of the fun!

I'd say it was about 65/35 % in favor of the hand cranked, 51 cents machines. I thought the non-51 cent machines were charging almost $2, though my memory fails me much of the time. I do remember spending way too many quarters, pennies and minutes at the machine near Haunted Mansion and that one was hand cranked.

Really? Pressed pennies are souvenirs we have been looking forward to, but I never considered they'd be more than 51 cents - what sorts of prices are charged? Do you recall where any machines are that ARE hand crank operated? That's part of the fun!

I have a terrible memory but the only 51 cents crank one I specifically remember was by the Haunted Mansion. I know both Norway in Epcot and Pizzerizzo in DHS had a push button machine for 51 cents.

I'd say it was about 65/35 % in favor of the hand cranked, 51 cents machines. I thought the non-51 cent machines were charging almost $2, though my memory fails me much of the time. I do remember spending way too many quarters, pennies and minutes at the machine near Haunted Mansion and that one was hand cranked.

Ha saw this after I posted- guess the Haunted Mansion machine is most memorable!

Everyone has their little Disney thing that’s important to them and the pressed pennies are mine. Is there any precedent for a major land not having its own penny? I’m struggling to think of one.

Any thoughts on a good substitute are also welcome! :)
Stay sassy my friend! :)

I collect pennies and pins-but very selectively. Haven't yet been to Pandora though, so no Pandora sub ideas.

It is all about immersion in Pandora. Pressed pennies don't go along with that. Pandora has other things to offer. You have Banshees, beads, rocks, and several other things. I like that Disney created a completely different set of merchandise exclusive to Pandora.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter