• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No new rides for Universal again next year

JacksBack!!

Mouseketeer
Jim Hill says because of the terrorist attacks all new attractions are put on hold. And people wonder why attendence is down in Florida theme parks. Well when Disney and Universal do not offer any major E-ticket attractions in the last two years, why would we get any repeat business. Why travel to Florida for the same crap when any Six Flags down the rode builds a major new roller coaster every year. Well at least theme parks over seas get cool new attractions every year like DisneySea.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/news/eyedrive/index.asp?navId=1023

Well, here's a surprise quote from the article "Even fixes for the recently reopened "Poseidon's Fury: Escape from Atlantis" -- on which Universal spent $3 million for repairs, only to have guests complain that it's worse than before -- have been scrubbed."

...at least I'm not the only one who thinks the new version is worse.

I like the New PF better than the old one.

As for why people would come back, if they enjoyed themselves before then they'll want to make the trip again reguardless of new rides.
If you put in new rides in both parks every year, it'd break the bank, not much of a chance to make a profit if your turning around to spend it all at once again, remember those rides and shows are not cheap, and unfortunately the times are tough economically speaking.

well lots of brits hav'nt even been to IOA yet calm down we are'nt all so lucky as to live there.

I would keep coming back if they had the same ol' rusty dusty rides forEVER. And, believe me, the Six Flags down my road opens two new rides a year and I get in for free, and I still don't go...

3 million? 3 million? jeez add a million and a half and you have a good cheep boomerang coaster! oh well i'm just wish I was park managment.

Originally posted by Robinrs
I would keep coming back if they had the same ol' rusty dusty rides forEVER.

That is just what i think as well :smooth:

I went back (I live in PA) 3x in one year for the same old dusty rides and I enjoyed them just as much the 6th, 10th, and 21st time. I could go to a six flags or Busch gardens for a lot less expense but they don't even compare to IOA.

Unfortunately most people are not like the diehards on these boards.

For example, on my trip this past summer, I spent one day at MGM Studios, then 6 days at USF and IOA.

Last year I would spend 3-4 days doing the Disney parks, the year before that I would spend a week just at Disney, the year before that 10 days at Disney!!!

The reason I don't anymore is because myself, my family, and my friends are sick of the fact that Disney doesn't have anything new.

Sure we enjoy going on Rock N Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror and spending a day at MGM, but we have no desire to spend money on the same things we have seen year after year without any new big attractions.

With IOA, Men In Black, City Walk, Portofino Bay, and Hard Rock Hotel being relatively new, they have kept our interest.

If Disney comes back and spends money on new innovative rides they can have my $$ back. Conversely, if Universal lags behind and doesn't put anything new in the next few years, they will gradually lose my interest and my business. Sure I will still visit, but not as often.

You guys say you would keep coming back if they kept the same rides. But 3 years from now if Universal did not touch a thing and keeps everything how it is, I would guess most of you would not be spending as much time and $$ there as you are now.

But how many people actually do keep coming back year after year? A lot of the people are tourists who pay a substantial sum to go on a vaction to Orlando, the don't plan on going back year after year. Some may come once in a life time, while others may come back every 5 years or so. Die hards who go every year, and local residents that are within driving distance are probably a much smaller demographic than those casual vacationers to the Orlando area. For the most part everything is new to all those people, and since the go to the parks during the peak season, they don't get the chance to see everything because of crowds and the lack of time. So, if they do go back in 5 years the park would still seem new. Having a new ride every year would be great. But imagine the big bucks it would cost! If serious downturn in business happened, like right now, it could put that park out of business or just cause the parks to raise ticket and concession prices even higher.

but still 3 million on updating posidents fury? I have gone back to the park 3 times since it opened and i still havent gone on the new one. The flying unicorn was the best thing that they added to the park.

3 million is alot to spend on Posiedon. I thought the old show was fine and the new one didn't really offer a much better experience. I like the show, but it isn't a priority must see tho. But 3 million is a small drop in the bucket when it comes to adding a new major attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter