No new discount today?

TCups4Me

DIS Article Contributor
The last day to book the spring discount was yesterday so I was really hoping for a general public or Disney Visa summer discount to be announced today. I'm already booked in a woods view room and will keep it, but saving a few bucks would be great! Do you think they are booking up enough to not need one?

The last day to book the spring discount was yesterday so I was really hoping for a general public or Disney Visa summer discount to be announced today. I'm already booked in a woods view room and will keep it, but saving a few bucks would be great! Do you think they are booking up enough to not need one?
I'm waiting for the same thing. Normally there is a gap of time between promotions, whether a week or few days, and sometimes Disney releases it very close to when the booking window is available. Disney wants the revenue to reflect on their financials, so I'm quite sure there will be a summer promotion on hotel rooms. It's just a matter of when they make the promotion go live, and which dates they will make it applicable to.

I'm watching for it, too! I remember it took a few days for the spring promotion to show up after the winter one ended on March 17. It might have been 3-4 days. I'll be checking a few times a day just in case.

I was actually wondering if they release more rooms after they announce promotions, or if you will just maybe luck out and get one. The weeks I'm looking at have been booked up for a while. I have rooms reserved for late June but of course you can't use the new discount for a previously booked room.

I'm watching for it, too! I remember it took a few days for the spring promotion to show up after the winter one ended on March 17. It might have been 3-4 days. I'll be checking a few times a day just in case.

I was actually wondering if they release more rooms after they announce promotions, or if you will just maybe luck out and get one. The weeks I'm looking at have been booked up for a while. I have rooms reserved for late June but of course you can't use the new discount for a previously booked room.
Ha Ha, were stalking the site together!! Yes from the advice I've been given by a CM on the phone is the promotion needs to be available in order for them to cancel and rebook, and they should be able to transfer over any deposits made.

I'm so glad you said that! I totally forgot about that minor piece of info. Ugh. It's been way too many years since I booked a Disney vacation! Guess I better start going more often again so I don't get rusty. ;)

Question for those in the know - do they usually release discounts for rooms through the fall? Or would that discount come out after the summer one ends?

I think they might go in 3-4 month time blocks.
Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Last edited:

Thanks for this conversation! Question for those of you who have experience with the sales -- I have a standard, club-level room booked at GCH. If a sale is announced, is it correct that I wouldn't be able to call and basically have my reservation adjusted; rather, would I need to cancel and rebook the room? Thanks for your insight!

Thanks for this conversation! Question for those of you who have experience with the sales -- I have a standard, club-level room booked at GCH. If a sale is announced, is it correct that I wouldn't be able to call and basically have my reservation adjusted; rather, would I need to cancel and rebook the room? Thanks for your insight!
I don't know about club-level rooms, but I have had other rooms at the GCH where they applied the new discount to an existing reservation without canceling anything. I was able to do this with the Visa discount and other seasonal discounts.

I've always had my current reservation adjusted to the new rate. For some reason, they probably don't want you cancelling one reservation just to make another. It's probably losing the larger deposit for months. That's money in hand for them.

I don't know about club-level rooms, but I have had other rooms at the GCH where they applied the new discount to an existing reservation without canceling anything. I was able to do this with the Visa discount and other seasonal discounts.

I've always had my current reservation adjusted to the new rate. For some reason, they probably don't want you cancelling one reservation just to make another. It's probably losing the larger deposit for months. That's money in hand for them.
This has been my experience as well. Did it last fall when the Dec discount came out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter