• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Mousekeeping

emmakatbaby

Proudmomof3
Has anyone who checked into Pop Century recently been offered a gift card for no mousekeeping during your stay? How does this work with online check in?

Has anyone who checked into Pop Century recently been offered a gift card for no mousekeeping during your stay?

It is still being offered.

How does this work with online check in?

No different than if you don't do Online Check In. On arrival day, stop by the Front Desk and let them know you would like to opt out of housekeeping. You will get a gift card for $10 per night minus one night. So if you're staying for 7 nights, you will get a Gift Card for $60.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but can you opt out of Mousekeeping at deluxe resorts or is it only offered at the values and mods?

We just stayed at POP the first week of April and requested no Mousekeeping. We got the gift card AND our room was still cleaned everyday. Must have been a glitch in their system, or some pixie dust by the front desk CM! :)

We just stayed at POP the first week of April and requested no Mousekeeping. We got the gift card AND our room was still cleaned everyday. Must have been a glitch in their system, or some pixie dust by the front desk CM! :)
That’s the time to buy a lottery ticket. Love it when stuff like that happens. We get the card also. My wife call me the towel gopher. Well not that word. It’s stars with a B. Lol. But really that’s all we need is 4 clean towels everyday. That’s easy to get. There is a lot of that pixie dust that goes around. Glad you got some!

Don't want to hijack the thread, but can you opt out of Mousekeeping at deluxe resorts or is it only offered at the values and mods?
Now it’s just value and mods. But according to a pod cast. Deluxes will be in the future also. Just didn’t say when. Disney has found out I’m sure it’s cheaper to offer card and need fewer house keepers. TP and clean towels is really all the stuff we would need re stocked. I can do that. Sheets don’t get dirty in 7 nights. Now if we were to stay longer. I’d probably get sheets to change.

Found out about this recently myself. Wish I knew for our last 2 trips, could of had a bit of extra cash for pins :D

I love that they offer this, especially since I travel by myself! Received $30 gift card on my last visit. That comes in handy!

We had this happen as well, we didn't find it to be a good thing though. I actually went down and asked why and they said they had no record of us declining in the system, but we had already spent the gift card. We originally did not decline but then had a few issues with housekeeping so we declined 2 days in. They never left us a bathmat had to call every time, and then we actually saw the housekeeping placing items from a room into a personal back pack, so decided at that point we didn't wish to have this person in our room. On the seceond day they came into clean after we declined we returned to find one of our clothing items stuck in the track of the shower door, it could not be removed without it getting ruined. Needless to say we were not happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter