No more Trick or Treat at the BCV for me

Candlelady

A dream is a wish your heart makes
This is something I've done for the last few years at BCV. I make a special trip to Costco for 3 bags of Halloween candy. We love to do this and the candy is for anyone who happens by the room, including the BCV staff. We were on the 4th floor room 438.
P1010795.jpg

On Oct 31st, I filled the bowl with candy and we went out to Downtown Disney. We returned 4 hours later.

I am sick to my stomach that some spoiled, selfish, ******* stole not only the candle, skull, and candy, but even the cob web. Not sure if I am angry or sad. I wouldn’t be upset if they just took all the candy. Why did the little jerk take the decorations? This sicko purposely stole the items.

It's apparent to me that you can't do anything nice anymore without some ignorant, entitled child or adult ruining it for everyone. :furious:

Instead of putting out the remaining two bags of candy for everyone to enjoy, I gave them to the BCV housekeepers on the 4th floor. I don't think I'll ever bother to celebrate Halloween with other DVC members again in this way. Not worth the trouble.

I'm posting this in the hopes that the parent sees this and now knows where their little snowflake really obtained the candle and skull.

P1010795.jpg

I'm posting this in the hopes that the parent sees this and now knows where their little snowflake really obtained the candle and skull.
. .

Sorry that someone was so self centered. But I wouldn't assume it was a child. Most kids wouldn't be interested in candles, but an adult might.

You have a very good heart and I wouldn't let some ignorant troll ruin that for you. You did a very nice thing and I am sure many people appreciated it.:hug:

That is so disappointing to hear. Too bad someone ruined it for you and others who may have appreciated your gesture and Halloween spirt. I have to asks if you checked with the hotel staff who may have mistakenly thought your items where trash.

Sorry that someone was so self centered. But I wouldn't assume it was a child. Most kids wouldn't be interested in candles, but an adult might.

Agreed. A kid might have scarfed up the candy, but probably wouldn't be bothered to carry off the rest. But regardless of age, it sets a bad example for the rest of their family.

On the other hand, YOU set a wonderful example - on the importance of sharing, community and the Disney magic pixiedust:

Don't let one doofus sour you. :thumbsup2

Good grief! That was so nice of you to do that. And then for someone to come along and just take your stuff when it was very apparent it wasn't a free for all.

just a thought. Did you use a flameless candle because I didn't think you were supposed to have an open flame. I could see Mousekeeping taking away a real candle but not stealing the skull too. :headache:

Thanks for responding.
The candle was plastic and battery operated. That bit of info should have been in the original post. Sorry :blush:
I'm sure an adult would have only taken the candle and not the rest of the decorations or cleaned out the candy dish.

We were even hoping the offender would put back the items in the middle of the night so we left the table with the empty bowl out for the night. No such luck.

As for the staff thinking it was trash, that is highly unlikely since I always notify them to help themselves. Their staff room was right across the hall from us. The staff was just as upset that someone took the items as I was. They were actually helping to look for the candle. :thumbsup2 I love that everyone partakes of the goodies, but it warms my heart to see the staff and maintenance people light up when I tell them to help themselves and pass the word along. They don't always get treated very well by the guests.

Hi Pirate Granny! Missed you in the hot tub this year. Too many little ones 'swimming' in it anyway last week. We had a great time as usual. I was upset at the inconsiderate ***** that ruined the gesture, but didn't let him ruin my trip. He/she has to live with it and you know what they say about karma. Of course, it seems no good deed goes unpunished either. I'll have to find a new way to spread a little pixie dust.pixiedust:
I'm still hoping against hope that a parent reading this has now realized where those items came from.

DVC is timeshare, designed as a luxurious item for affluent people. I do not believe if one can afford DVC and its recurrent annual fee, they would do such hideous thing.

The problem is, DVC is rented by many cheapos that want to save money. They are too cheap to pay for a Disney Resort. So what can you expect from the same type of people, when given an opportunity to collect some Halloween decoration? I bet the same type of people would steal Christmas tree ornament in the resort lobby if no one is watching. They must also think, why would I care? I do not own this place anyway (vs. a real DVC owner).

Sadly people are people and it could have been anyone, a kid, a teen, an adult, a guest, or a CM. There are videos all over the internet of people doing stupid things and stealing from each other. I have seen videos of rich people stealing from stores so our net worth doesn't seem to be a factor.

We seem to always be missing kitchen items in the villas so people are walking off with them. DVC recently changed the plates and bowls because the pretty colorful fiestaware would go missing.

:earsboy: Bill

Unfortunately, I wholeheartedly do believe they would do such a thing. Some of the actions of the children of the so called 'affluent' makes me cringe. No manners whatsoever, and a huge entitlement mentality. Mind you, I said some, not all.
The affluent are no different than anyone else, except they have more disposable income. Many just like to think they are different and better than most.

Sadly people are people and it could have been anyone, a kid, a teen, an adult, a guest, or a CM. There are videos all over the internet of people doing stupid things and stealing from each other. I have seen videos of rich people stealing from stores so our net worth doesn't seem to be a factor.

We seem to always be missing kitchen items in the villas so people are walking off with them. DVC recently changed the plates and bowls because the pretty colorful fiestaware would go missing.

:earsboy: Bill

Bill, I agree, it could have been anyone. It just makes me so sad as I've been putting out these treats for a few years and have never had anyone even just take all the candy. Going forward, I may just make up a Halloween bowl for the staff. I really enjoy doing it for everyone though.
And we do miss the colorful Fiestaware. Even the glass in the BCV cabinets is no longer there, at least not in 438. I really don't understand why people are so inconsiderate.

that really is a wonderful halloween table tho :thumbsup2

don't let anyone ruin it for you & all those you've made happy over the years....hopefully, the stolen items won't bring them joy, but rather be a constant reminder that they are just a lowly thief.

& i can absolutely imagine a child saying, "ohhh, dad/mom, that's really cool - can i take it?" and POOF :sad2: i can't count how many times we saw: one family taking ALL the balloons in the lobby (not theft, but certainly entitlement), people stealthily checking to see if decorative items were glued/screwed/bolted down, laundry cart stalking, old refillable mugs being used for coffee/hot chocolate, cloth napkins shoved in diaper-bags, etc

thankfully, those people (most likely a family, as children live what they learn) are the exception rather than the rule....i'm sure you made many, MANY total strangers smile :)

Bill, I agree, it could have been anyone. It just makes me so sad as I've been putting out these treats for a few years and have never had anyone even just take all the candy. Going forward, I may just make up a Halloween bowl for the staff. I really enjoy doing it for everyone though.
And we do miss the colorful Fiestaware. Even the glass in the BCV cabinets is no longer there, at least not in 438. I really don't understand why people are so inconsiderate.

Thank you for your generous gesture!

At least you tried to make it a home away from home for all.

I am staying at BWV right now and all is very nice so far. No issues.

I own at BCV also but haven't stayed in quite a while.

I was also sorry to see the fiesta go piece by piece until one visit everything was white...:(

DH says I should put out the candy next year but wire a new candle to give a shock and have a siren go off if it's picked up! Lol, of course I've thought of that myself, but would never actually do it.
Makes me feel better thinking about it though!:rotfl2:

MoreTravels said:
DVC is timeshare, designed as a luxurious item for affluent people. I do not believe if one can afford DVC and its recurrent annual fee, they would do such hideous thing.

The problem is, DVC is rented by many cheapos that want to save money. They are too cheap to pay for a Disney Resort. So what can you expect from the same type of people, when given an opportunity to collect some Halloween decoration? I bet the same type of people would steal Christmas tree ornament in the resort lobby if no one is watching. They must also think, why would I care? I do not own this place anyway (vs. a real DVC owner).

I hope this was a joke. If not...you are delusional.

I hope this was a joke. If not...you are delusional.

Agree with you 100%!
And in my humble opinion and years of life experience some of the "better off" folks are the worst, they have this sense of entitlement that is obnoxious and their children are some of the worst behaved I've ever seen.

I am so sorry that happened to you. There is always someone who is prepared to ruin an occasion and I am sorry you suffered for it.

I am really offended by what you have written and obviously think. DVC would not work for our family on so many levels. We are lucky enough to be able to stay at DVC resort at a cheap rate occasionally. We always treat our rooms with respect and would never dream of taking anything that did not belong to us,

I am so sorry that happened to you. There is always someone who is prepared to ruin an occasion and I am sorry you suffered for it.

I am really offended by what you have written and obviously think. DVC would not work for our family on so many levels. We are lucky enough to be able to stay at DVC resort at a cheap rate occasionally. We always treat our rooms with respect and would never dream of taking anything that did not belong to us,

:thumbsup2

We rented DVC for many years before actually purchasing for ourselves and NOT because we were cheapos but because we wanted to make sure that DVC was the right fit for us. We were the same people then as we are today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter