• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more saving seats for the parade

You know what would be interesting? Having a parade in the later morning. Maybe 11 or 11:30 or even 1:00. It would give people a chance to hit rides early then still be able to see a parade before kids (or adults) get tired and grumpy. Perhaps that would alleviate some of the congestion by letting those that like going early to see a parade and keep the later afternoon or evening parade for those that either can't or don't get to the parks earlier. Or better yet, if the parades or so popular, and a another showing of the parade completely. Especially while so much is closed down it would help with the long ride lines a little and help to let more people see MSEP.

I do love that they are trying to restrict the camping out. At least they are trying something.

I think that is a great idea.

His name is Bud. He' s a HUGE Fantasmic fan. However, since I have known him, he has never accepted money and even refused the gesture a few times that I saw him.

CMs, Managers,and Fantasmic staff were fully aware of him as he was there every Friday and Saturday for the 9pm show and if he was selling spots, I'm sure they wouldn't be so friendly towards him. He also never stayed for the second show. Not sure what he does with Fantasmic now being FP only, but I have seen him driving around on his ECV with Christmas lights all over it during the Electrical Parade

His thing was that he's and older guy who loves Fantasmic and liked to give his spots to guests, mostly families he felt deserved it.

ahhhhh! Well Bud was telling racist leaning jokes, and cracking sexual innuendo ones as well. When he asked each of the girls in their short Disney dresses to take turns sitting on his lap was when I couldn't take it any more. Not ok.

Now don't get me started on a girl named Rachel we discovered on this same trip.... I've wondered what came of her more than I care to admit.

i just came back from Disney... i still see a lot of blankets on the ground, although the ropes are in place.

How was it in the parks last night (Friday)? Is anyone in the park today (Saturday) that can comment on the blanket situation from a first-person this afternoon or evening?

I'm curious since Albort reported that he was still seeing blankets on Thursday. I'm really hopeful that Disney will be a "good parent" and abide by the rules they started earlier this week. It would make me sad to think management caved after just a few days of implementing this new policy.

We are in WDW now and we went to see Wishes . Clearly they have the no waiting and what I call "squatting" in mind here as well. No benches on main at all. Also saw CM's asking or reminding people that sitting on the curb or edges of curb on fencelines that they were welcome to sit until they began prepping for Wishes and they would need to move. Watching people try and not make eye contact and move two feet over was amusing.

We were waiting for a photo to be done and saw a young CM girl tell a woman with two double strollers , and no children in sight, she would not be allowed to stay where she was and needed to move. She told the CM she was just waiting for her family to return with food and they'd be heading along.She moved approximately 3 feet. She gave her some time and then repeated again she would need to move. She lamented she couldn't move because her family wouldn't know where to find her nor could she move the strollers alone. Said she had no idea where her family was . CM offered to take the strollers for her to stroller parking area. She opened her phone and sent a text and in a mere few minutes another woman appeared. Asked the CM where they could park for Wishes and that it was unfair to make them
Move when they'd been saving the spot for an hour already. CM have way more patience than I do for sure!

Disney also needs those infrequent visitors to be happy because they are spending as much in a week or two as an AP holder is in a year, particularly when you break down what they spend vs hours spent in the park, AP holders are important to keep "guaranteed" revenue and particularly important when the economy is poor.
You know, I read this often, and while I know there are APs that are like this, the majority I know spend considerably more. I can't imagine coming to the park, and not spending. True, I probably buy less merchandise, because I have all the shirts and stuff animals I need. But I still spend a fair amount on events, memorabilia. While I don't buy the tees or hats, I do buy the light boxes, carved boxes, snow globes, and artwork. If I am at the park, I eat at the park. Our last trip was 4 days, 2 of us, both APs, and adding up the bills just from what was spent at Disneyland, excluding our passes (Premier) was about $1500 each. Most of my friends who are APs are more like us. Yes, I know there are APs that come for a couple hours, spend little, eat on the way there or back, but there are just as many who are more like us.

Not arguing your position, but am wanting clarification. Is your favorite part the great seats you secure by waiting so long or the waiting itself? Would it still be fun for you if you got the same seats but with less wait?
It was both. We loved just sitting (sometimes for 3+ hours) watching people, talking to people, having a "picnic" style meal. And we loved getting the exact place we so enjoyed. Yes, it would be fun if we got the same place but we would miss the time waiting. The waiting was a favorite part of our trip. I understand other peoples opinions - what I don't understand is putting down people who have a different "favorite" thing to do. (something you didn't do DisneyJamie.

What???? Wow. I knew about the ADR hoarding but I didn't know about that! There is apparently an endless supply entitled jerks out there.

OMG, you have no idea! When all of that went down I got to see my very first Internet flame war. I was like Marlon Brando at the end of Apocalypse Now. I saw the darkest part of humanity, and then I became what I beheld. It was pretty fun.

This has been an enlightening tread. I have been “camping” on the street for the parade since
“Fantasy On Parade” in the 1970's when I was a kid. My mom did it when I was in the “Electrical
Parade”. A tradition I kept with my family. I never knew we were taking away the ambience or
demonstrating a more deserving attitude to others or rubbing people the wrong way. Or that it
would generate such animosity and sarcasm (thank you mummabear). I honestly thought we
were enjoying our trip in our own way. I never dreamed that this was such a disliked thing to do.

It was both. We loved just sitting (sometimes for 3+ hours) watching people, talking to people, having a "picnic" style meal. And we loved getting the exact place we so enjoyed. Yes, it would be fun if we got the same place but we would miss the time waiting. The waiting was a favorite part of our trip. I understand other peoples opinions - what I don't understand is putting down people who have a different "favorite" thing to do. (something you didn't do DisneyJamie.
We used to enjoy once a trip camping out for fireworks (this was back mid to late 2000s, for Remember.) We'd get mom's (my) favorite spot. We had fun discussing what we had done, or what the plans were for the next day or two, talk about what they wanted to do, get to know other people near by, just family time. We enjoyed it. We've played card games while waiting. For us, it is the way we enjoy. It is different than other people, but it was what made me happy.

That said, my brother's family is all about the rides. They have seen very few shows because to them that is wasting good ride time. Everyone has their own way of doing things, neither are right or wrong, just what is right for their family...

ETA - and some people think it is odd that after school gets out, my daughter goes to Disneyland for a couple days. Her entire trip is centered around relaxing, and she can usually be found on a bench in NOS reading a book or just wandering aimlessly people watching. Just because she isn't running ride to ride doesn't mean she is wasting her time.

This has been an enlightening tread. I have been “camping” on the street for the parade since
“Fantasy On Parade” in the 1970's when I was a kid. My mom did it when I was in the “Electrical
Parade”. A tradition I kept with my family. I never knew we were taking away the ambience or
demonstrating a more deserving attitude to others or rubbing people the wrong way. Or that it
would generate such animosity and sarcasm (thank you mummabear). I honestly thought we
were enjoying our trip in our own way. I never dreamed that this was such a disliked thing to do.

I'm not sure if you ever said. Did your entire family stay on the blanket the entire 3 hours?

You know, I read this often, and while I know there are APs that are like this, the majority I know spend considerably more. I can't imagine coming to the park, and not spending. True, I probably buy less merchandise, because I have all the shirts and stuff animals I need. But I still spend a fair amount on events, memorabilia. While I don't buy the tees or hats, I do buy the light boxes, carved boxes, snow globes, and artwork. If I am at the park, I eat at the park. Our last trip was 4 days, 2 of us, both APs, and adding up the bills just from what was spent at Disneyland, excluding our passes (Premier) was about $1500 each. Most of my friends who are APs are more like us. Yes, I know there are APs that come for a couple hours, spend little, eat on the way there or back, but there are just as many who are more like us.

I am definitely the other kind! :rotfl2:

I'll splurge if someone is in town or if there is something special, but I couldn't do that every time I go or I'd be broke! I often bring in snacks or even a light meal and stay for a couple hours, see a show, and leave. Sometimes I don't spend a single dollar, it just costs me the gas to get down there.

I'll splurge if someone is in town or if there is something special, but I couldn't do that every time I go or I'd be broke! I often bring in snacks or even a light meal and stay for a couple hours, see a show, and leave. Sometimes I don't spend a single dollar, it just costs me the gas to get down there.

That sounds like Heaven! I would love to be able to pop into Disneyland for a couple hours after work anytime I wanted. So jealous of you Southern Californians!

We're APs, but are a two hour flight away. :sad:

We used to enjoy once a trip camping out for fireworks (this was back mid to late 2000s, for Remember.) We'd get mom's (my) favorite spot. We had fun discussing what we had done, or what the plans were for the next day or two, talk about what they wanted to do, get to know other people near by, just family time. We enjoyed it. We've played card games while waiting. For us, it is the way we enjoy. It is different than other people, but it was what made me happy.

That said, my brother's family is all about the rides. They have seen very few shows because to them that is wasting good ride time. Everyone has their own way of doing things, neither are right or wrong, just what is right for their family...

ETA - and some people think it is odd that after school gets out, my daughter goes to Disneyland for a couple days. Her entire trip is centered around relaxing, and she can usually be found on a bench in NOS reading a book or just wandering aimlessly people watching. Just because she isn't running ride to ride doesn't mean she is wasting her time.

Well put! Everyone has different ideas of what a vacation should look like. That's what I love about the parks - not everyone has to do the same things. Everything in the park is available to you, you just have to decide and tailor to what is most enjoyable to you. :)

And the difference may be I am spending 6 hours to get there, then 6 hours home. We come down once every 6-8 weeks average. But we have local friends who come over to hang with us, and they usually grab a room too, then of course we HAVE to eat!!

I received an email today. Disney will be streaming the MSEP
Here's a link https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...om-disneyland-park-march-7-at-855-p-m-pt/?dpb

SCORE!!!
Skip the cold curb and toss your blanket on the TV room floor for a front row seat.

March 7th at 8:55pm
popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Geemo

And the difference may be I am spending 6 hours to get there, then 6 hours home. We come down once every 6-8 weeks average. But we have local friends who come over to hang with us, and they usually grab a room too, then of course we HAVE to eat!!

Yep, that would be a pretty big difference. ::yes::

I definitely spend way more when people are in town (sometimes do the hotel thing too). It's about an hour drive for me depending on traffic.

Sorry what have I said that was full of sarcasm and animosity?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter