No more Fried Chicken being substituted at TE..

Just saw a post that they are no longer substituting fried chicken at TE.. Any confirmation?
It's been nearly a month since this was posted. I haven't seen anything about it on the Fort Fb groups. Has anyone been there recently that can confirm?

j

Confirmed. It is more of a roasted chicken now. P&Js still have the fried chicken. We were told that because the Hoop was back TE doesn’t get the same food that they do 🙄
we only booked a dinner reservation at Trail's End b/c of the fried chicken. my husband ate it years ago at the HoopDeDoo and never forgot it. to confirm, TE does NOT serve the fried chicken ? where can we find it? I'm not joking when I say this is a highlight my husband is looking forward to.

we only booked a dinner reservation at Trail's End b/c of the fried chicken. my husband ate it years ago at the HoopDeDoo and never forgot it. to confirm, TE does NOT serve the fried chicken ? where can we find it? I'm not joking when I say this is a highlight my husband is looking forward to.
P&J’s still offers the fried chicken, you just have to do it as a take out meal.

P&J's Southern Takeout is the Quick/Counter service dining restaurant at Fort Wilderness. It literally shares the same kitchen that prepares the food for TE (Roasted Chicken) and HDDR (Fried Chicken). You can research the menu for P&J's on the Disney website.

They (P&J's) have fried chicken mealsthat serves an individual or a small family:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-js-southern-takeout/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

Trails End went to a skillet meal offering (like Whispering Canyon at WL) during Covid. Other buffet meals have come back on property post-covid but the TE buffet (my favorite meal on property) has not yet.

So you can still get the chicken but as take-out only.

Bama Ed

PS - But .......

Trails End is currently CLOSED on Tuesday and Wednesday (they have food trucks available outside) but P&J's is open 7 days a week. On Tues and Weds, Disney opens up the Trails End dining room to P&J customers.

See my post #141 in the November 2022/Thanksiving trip report I wrote.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/november-trip-reports.3899929/page-8

So go on Tues or Weds, Hubs and you can get a fried chicken meal, then sit at the TE tables and enjoy it (as much as you can) like the good ol' days.

Hopefully the old TE buffet will be reinstated soon. Other buffets have been reinstated on property.

PPS - the 8-piece family chicken meal at P&J's used to be marketed as the "Giddyup And Go" meal or GAG :crazy2: as we used to call it. The 2-piece individual meal was marketed as the "Lone Ranger" meal 🏇.

Ah, those were the days .... :cloud9:

Last edited:
I second TE buffet being our favorite meal on property.

My favorite, Don, was the Trails End Brunch Buffet that was offered on weekend mornings and holiday time weekdays. They would serve an offering of breakfast AND lunch food until 2pm which was spot on for us. DW likes to get breakfast food in those cases and I like the lunch foods. The fried chicken was there along with the bread pudding and walnut sauce.

Hope it will come back soon.

Ed

My favorite, Don, was the Trails End Brunch Buffet that was offered on weekend mornings and holiday time weekdays. They would serve an offering of breakfast AND lunch food until 2pm which was spot on for us. DW likes to get breakfast food in those cases and I like the lunch foods. The fried chicken was there along with the bread pudding and walnut sauce.

Hope it will come back soon.

Ed
Trail's End was always our end of trip dinner. All six to eight of us would eat together on the last night after spending a week doing our own thing. The food was always great and they never ran out of the "good stuff". The price was reasonable for a Disney restaurant (buffet). Getting an ADR at a good timeslot was never a problem. In fact, we could get in as a walkup too. Always said it was the best kept secret on property.
After moving here permanently, we would take visiting friends and family to TE as a treat. Mostly they were here during Christmas so we bundled it in with a golf cart trip around the loops to see the decorations.
Sadly there is nothing special about going there any longer. Nostalgia will only take you so far and the "NEW" TE doesn't cut it. Call me when the buffet returns and I'll consider coming back.

Are there ANY other buffets (that anyone is aware of - there may have been others I am not aware of) that switched “off” during Covid that still have not returned to buffet style, like TE’s current situation?

Are there ANY other buffets (that anyone is aware of - there may have been others I am not aware of) that switched “off” during Covid that still have not returned to buffet style, like TE’s current situation?
Crystal Palace and Tusker House - both character. I think Cape May too.

Crystal Palace and Tusker House - both character. I think Cape May too.

I think Crystal Palace has already announced they are returning to the buffet on March 1.

Anyone want to bet Trails End will be the LAST one (if it does come back at all)?

Bama Ed

PS - sorry :sad1: I've still got a little bit of a "red-headed step-child" chip on my shoulder from Disney regarding the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter