No more Dreams Unlimited gift basket????

We received ours in the mail yesterday as well for our upcoming 16 January cruise. Huge thanks to the entire DU team for working around this vendor issue.

I like that idea. I was going to post and ask since we are coming into PC the day before our cruise in July, if I could have picked ours up with another 2 or 3 families that were traveling with us at PC.

We received ours in the mail yesterday as well for our upcoming 16 January cruise. Huge thanks to the entire DU team for working around this vendor issue.

I'm glad you received your gift bag in time for your cruise.

Just a heads up to our clients on future cruises - we are currently testing the idea of mailing our gift bags. We are running into some issues (timing, delivery outside of the U.S., etc) so at this time we cannot guarantee that anyone will receive our gift bags through the mail.

The best I can offer is that we are trying very hard to find a resolution.

We did hear from Disney recently and were told they are still working on an alternative plan for us to be able to get our gift bags in our clients staterooms upon arrival - but until that happens we continue to look for our own, best solution to the situation we find ourselves in.

I apologize in advance if you do not receive a gift bag as there are many factors currently out of our hands.

Thats such a shame we totally loved and valued our gift bag last time in fact we still use the cups and white board nearly 2 years later. We are cruising again in 2016 so hope they resolve by then but we were going to pop into the office in cape canaveral anyways to say hi with another family who we have also recommended dreams unlimited to and who have booked through them.

Just a heads up to our clients on future cruises - we are currently testing the idea of mailing our gift bags. We are running into some issues (timing, delivery outside of the U.S., etc) so at this time we cannot guarantee that anyone will receive our gift bags through the mail.

We did hear from Disney recently and were told they are still working on an alternative plan for us to be able to get our gift bags in our clients staterooms upon arrival - but until that happens we continue to look for our own, best solution to the situation we find ourselves in.

I apologize in advance if you do not receive a gift bag as there are many factors currently out of our hands.

Thanks for the update.

Just curious...do you also do gift baskets for clients who are sailing on Royal Caribbean out of PC? Or is it strictly for DCL? We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas out of PC in August.

Just curious...do you also do gift baskets for clients who are sailing on Royal Caribbean out of PC? Or is it strictly for DCL? We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas out of PC in August.

Up until this issue came up we were only doing our gift bags for clients on DCL sailings out of Port Canaveral - this was for a variety of reasons.

Based on the outcome of this situation and what solution we find that is most likely to change going forward. At this time I can't say when the change will occur or which sailings/cruise lines we will be accommodating.

If you have booked your RCCL cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel you will be receiving a shipboard credit based on our current offer - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dcruise/#credit

Thanks for the update. We sailed early November and got the gift basket in each of our cabins. It was a nice surprise and had some handy things. We used the white board to write our names - nana and pops on it and my grand daughters found us easily. My husband loved having the cup. This was our first time booking with DU and would book through them again.

Thats very nice of DU! We didn't receive ours and we are sailing on the Fantasy this Saturday. We are in Canada though so I was not expecting it.

I was thinking the same - we are about to book through DU - for Panama canal - would we expect a gift basket??

Thats very nice of DU! We didn't receive ours and we are sailing on the Fantasy this Saturday. We are in Canada though so I was not expecting it.

I'm on that cruise with you and in the states and didn't receive anything in the mail either. I'm bummed but glad to hear about it before I leave for the airport today so I can bring mugs with me.

We cruise this month and our gift bag just arrived on our front doorstep! Thank you so much for the wonderful service that you have provided to us through the years DU!!! We love our agent Kelsie very much!!!

Our gift basket arrived at our house today for our 1/19/15 Dream Cruise. Our friends that are cruising with us got theirs delivered to them as well. Thanks Dreams Unlimited!!

Ron

DU only supplied gift baskets for those leaving from Port Canaveral. No gift baskets are given for any other departure ports.

I don't think it ever had anything to do with how much money anyone spent. It was because they were able to find a supplier they could work with who was able and permitted to deliver to Port Canaveral.

We sailed Jan 3 and presumed that we would not have the baskets, having seen Shirley's notice on these boards. We enjoyed our baskets 2 years ago and did miss them this time - they are filled with fun and useful items and it is so festive seeing them when entering the cabin.

We also knew last year that we would not have the baskets out of Miami- it is not simple to arrange basket creation and delivery and most ports do not have someone comparable to Shirley. Now even PC is among them by DCL decree.

The baskets are nice gifts and I am happy that we received them in the past. However, no one should feel entitled to a gift and no giver has an obligation to provide one.

We were in Cocoa Beach the week before cruising and planned to stop by and say "HI." However, the beach weather was just too good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter