No more concierge hot room service breakfast?

finest14

Cruisenado!
There's a discussion on another site that says hot room service breakfast in not available anymore in any concierge cabin, just the regular breakfast room service menu available to all cabins. Can any recent cruisers confirm this?

There's a discussion on another site that says hot room service breakfast in not available anymore in any concierge cabin, just the regular breakfast room service menu available to all cabins. Can any recent cruisers confirm this?

I saw that as well and am curious. Someone said they just got off and couldn’t get it and were angry and since then others have emailed shoreside which is confirming this it seems. They’re saying the change took place on 8/20.

I saw that as well and am curious. Someone said they just got off and couldn’t get it and were angry and since then others have emailed shoreside which is confirming this it seems. They’re saying the change took place on 8/20.

What timing! shoreside just got back to me with this...and I'm really disappointed:

Hello,

Thank you for your email and room service will be a continental style breakfast with a hot breakfast being available in the main dining rooms.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a wonderful day,

Sue C.

Concierge Services
Disney Cruise Line

I wonder what the reasoning is, and if there will be other changes on the ship.

Wow! That was a really nice perk. How long until the ability to order dinner in a Category T suite is eliminated?

Now I'm confused. I politely shared my feedback with shoreside and this was their response:

Hello,

I have been in contact with the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

A hot breakfast can be ordered through the concierge lounge team only for all morning except debarkation for guests in the one bedroom suite and the royal suite.

The menu will be from the Royal Palace or Royal Court, depending on the ship and delivery times may vary.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a wonderful day,

Sue C.

Concierge Services
Disney Cruise Line

I'm boarding in about 5 hours and will be interested to see what the status of this is. Even if it's just that you have to go through the concierge staff rather than calling directly, that's kind of a hassle. Ordering dinner in a Cat T is quite a production for that reason (although I understand why for dinner it's necessary).

Even if it's just that you have to go through the concierge staff rather than calling directly, that's kind of a hassle.

First of all have a great cruise!

If you don’t mind giving feedback on this topic when you have a chance, it would be greatly appreciated. We are sailing in a few weeks and DW loves dining in the room so this topic is not making her happy.

When we last sailed concierge, about a year ago, we called directly for breakfast one morning and the concierge team later asked if we would place the breakfast order with them. So from that point forward we did. Not sure what to expect now.

As long as the benefit of in room breakfast (and ordering MDR) remain as a concierge benefit I am really less concerned about who I order from. I’ll say it will be another decline in DCL if they take away the breakfast altogether. If they ever do take away the dinner option then DCL Concierge is really not worth it. After sailing Royal’s Star Class the comparisons are not even close especially when you factor in the cost. So to lose one more perk would pretty much be the nail in the coffin.

You would think I could get hot breakfast in the room. Now I have to get my rich butt out of bed and go to where the third class passengers eat. Either that or I could pay someone to bring me a hot breakfast to my room.
Not sure if this is a shot at my comments or the thread in general but it should be concerning to all that are cruising. As cruise lines put increasing profits above the guest experience it leads to overall declines.

Do you want things to disappear or pay extra for things that were once part of the experience. Multiple ways lines are trying, like you could pay for a soda package like on other cruise lines, no more towel animals, extra charges in the main dining room, etc. All of it will start adding up. We have only cruises DCL for the last 11 years but in that time things have disappeared that were once normal. And while I am not rich, I do expect that anyone that is paying nearly double to be on the ship might get a few extra perks, like a $2 breakfast delivered. Below is an old cost chart from touring plans that compares room cost (and that doesn’t even include the Cat. R).

Attachments

• D08D0A02-CF7A-4C27-9AF0-0AA3CD98580D.jpeg
    D08D0A02-CF7A-4C27-9AF0-0AA3CD98580D.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 78
You would think I could get hot breakfast in the room. Now I have to get my rich butt out of bed and go to where the third class passengers eat. Either that or I could pay someone to bring me a hot breakfast to my room.

Not everyone who sails concierge are rich. Some of us save and budget and don’t do things that other people do to save money, like go out for lunch, dinner, or go to the movies.

I have and probably never will sail in a concierge class room. My wife and I have been sailing Disney seven day cruises twice a year for the last few years. I would rather do two cruises a year than one. With that said, Disney removing any benefits to any one/room class sailing to me would be very disheartening. We are Platinum and have sailed with Disney for over eighteen years. One of the main reasons we do so is because so far Disney in my opinion does not nickle and dime you to death. You pay a higher price with them not only for this reason but also for the level of guest service we have received from Disney. If Disney wants to start charging for things like soda,room service and other things the other cruise lines charge for that Disney includes in its price it no longer to me would be worth it. We would start to serious start looking at alternative cruise lines. This latest loss of benefits might be the beginning at what Disney is looking at and what other benefits it might also remove in the future.

Not everyone who sails concierge are rich. Some of us save and budget and don’t do things that other people do to save money, like go out for lunch, dinner, or go to the movies.
Agreed. We are not rich. We choose to cruise less often and book concierge. I have never judged any other cruiser for not sailing concierge, totally unfair to be judged for choosing to sail concierge.

I'm boarding in about 5 hours and will be interested to see what the status of this is. Even if it's just that you have to go through the concierge staff rather than calling directly, that's kind of a hassle. Ordering dinner in a Cat T is quite a production for that reason (although I understand why for dinner it's necessary).
following looking forward to some clarification, sailing in Dec. and have had breakfast delv on past cruises, real bummer if they take this away
Could you please also let me know if Stateroom Host Tom San-In is on board, and if he will be there over Xmas. We had him our past 2 cruises
ENJOY your trip

I think breakfast offerings from regular room service are just OK. I would think Concierge Class would offer a hot full breakfast. I hope it’s available for those who want it, I would certainly think the price they pay would cover it.

Not sure if this is a shot at my comments or the thread in general but it should be concerning to all that are cruising. As cruise lines put increasing profits above the guest experience it leads to overall declines.

Do you want things to disappear or pay extra for things that were once part of the experience. Multiple ways lines are trying, like you could pay for a soda package like on other cruise lines, no more towel animals, extra charges in the main dining room, etc. All of it will start adding up. We have only cruises DCL for the last 11 years but in that time things have disappeared that were once normal. And while I am not rich, I do expect that anyone that is paying nearly double to be on the ship might get a few extra perks, like a $2 breakfast delivered. Below is an old cost chart from touring plans that compares room cost (and that doesn’t even include the Cat. R).
Very well put. I have never nor will I never cruise concierge, but this is on spot. Taking things away, charging for what was once free, with DCL and WDW, is doing nothing but lining Disney's pockets even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter