No more All Hands on Deck :(

I was looking forward to the cheese plate :( so what is complimentary from room service? Anything at all?

I'm one of the ones very upset by the demise of the AHOD cheese platter. I wrote Karl Holz' office and I actually got a phone call back.

Had a long conversation with the gentleman from the office (obviously not Karl). Poor guy, I'm sure he wanted to spend all that time talking about cheese...

My email was polite but said my next soon-to-be cruise was likely to be my last. Which at the moment is entirely true.

He told me that they haven't heard any backlash about removing the cheese plate. Not sure if that's true, but then again I am sure the President's office deals with different matters.

He said I should be able to call and get it. I will try when I go later this month. I know many people say just to go to Cabanas and get it. Not that easy for some who are disabled like me.

I'd told him that the AHOD was one of my favorite things, but it really was just.one.more.thing. Spoke about the alcohol policy. That upsets me, but mostly because the offerings on board since I drink wine are poor.

It will remain to be seen if I get a cheese plate. I did get a response though.

I'm one of the ones very upset by the demise of the AHOD cheese platter. I wrote Karl Holz' office and I actually got a phone call back.

Had a long conversation with the gentleman from the office (obviously not Karl). Poor guy, I'm sure he wanted to spend all that time talking about cheese...

My email was polite but said my next soon-to-be cruise was likely to be my last. Which at the moment is entirely true.

He told me that they haven't heard any backlash about removing the cheese plate. Not sure if that's true, but then again I am sure the President's office deals with different matters.

He said I should be able to call and get it. I will try when I go later this month. I know many people say just to go to Cabanas and get it. Not that easy for some who are disabled like me.

I'd told him that the AHOD was one of my favorite things, but it really was just.one.more.thing. Spoke about the alcohol policy. That upsets me, but mostly because the offerings on board since I drink wine are poor.

It will remain to be seen if I get a cheese plate. I did get a response though.

I was drafting a letter myself, could you pm me the email address you wrote to.
As a business owner myself (very, very, very small business in comparison) I usually only respond to complaint letters or e-mails directly to me/my assistant. I don't think a company (any big or small) takes internet forum comments very seriously, anonymous ranting syndrome I suppose that is why, and we often poke fun b/c it helps to laugh about the situation we dislike.
When I do get that dreaded letter or email (thank goodness 3 or 4 in 18 years) I respond immediately. So I figured like you, write a letter because that what I respond to. It will very likely be our last Disney cruise too. We started in 2003, but I w/o DH in 1999 on the Wonder, and this time I will wind up with the last one the Wonder (how is that for fate). I digress, but please PM that address over if you could (TIA), I would hope going to the same address will make them realize its not just one person.

Sent. Although his address is easily found online.

From his perspective (the gentleman I talked to), he couldn't figure why it'd be a big deal to order one. He said they had plenty of cheese onboard. I'd said that since they took it off the menu, people were being told they couldn't order it. I could see that even if something was onboard it would be a problem for the staff if people started ordering off-menu items. I suggested they put it back on. Also gave some suggestions to beef up the wine selection. I'm picky as I really only enjoy Shiraz and there is only one kind onboard which I don't care for.

We shall see.

I did have that email but figured since it was online it would hardly get looked it, my bad:oops:. Thank you again.
DH also has issues with their wine selections, we have had bought several of the packages over the years and he had very bad reflux with the Shiraz that they offer. We bring a few good bottles from home to be safe.

Sent. Although his address is easily found online.

From his perspective (the gentleman I talked to), he couldn't figure why it'd be a big deal to order one. He said they had plenty of cheese onboard. I'd said that since they took it off the menu, people were being told they couldn't order it. I could see that even if something was onboard it would be a problem for the staff if people started ordering off-menu items. I suggested they put it back on. Also gave some suggestions to beef up the wine selection. I'm picky as I really only enjoy Shiraz and there is only one kind onboard which I don't care for.

We shall see.
it will be interesting to see if it does change. to me, the response he gave you is the same response that most got for other complaints. its the 'give them warm and fuzzy' answers and agree with them, they will forget about it but in the mean time they think we are doing something.
in my job I often had to answer to things clients didn't like, things that were never going to change back and I almost always gave them the soft sorry response....we will have to look into that....I agree with you....our customers are the most important thing and we will take care of you.
unfortunately things probably will not change until the bottom line is affected. i'm glad that you sent your email off though. at the very least it makes some noise.

When something begins to negatively impact service level, I don't see a problem in changing it. I think targeting a couple items that may be stressing the system is a better solution than imposing a charge on all room service items.

I completely agree... particularly because so many people ordered the cheese plate because they felt they were getting around the cost of ordering a Sail Away Gift. I've never ordered a cheese plate, and I probably never will, but I am excited to see the existing menu expanded rather than eliminated. I also completely agree with adding or changing the price on things that not everyone on the cruise indulges in (Alcohol, overused room service, etc) rather than an across the board price hike. It at least gives me the choice to spend or not spend.

From his perspective (the gentleman I talked to), he couldn't figure why it'd be a big deal to order one.

Generally, the people working in the office at Burbank don't have much of a grip on what would or wouldn't cause stress in the day to day operation of Parks & Resorts. I've seen first hand what happens to the operation when corporate meddles directly and it's not a pretty picture, and the guest almost always loses.

I hope Karl Holz has an intern monitoring this thread who passes this post on to him! Although... it might get more notice at disney if it was a star wars allusion. :rotfl:

If Karl wants Star Wars, he can have Star Wars ...

66336849.jpg

(at this point, Cunard is cheaper too)

P.S. They really do have a cheese plate, listed under Desserts: https://ask.cunard.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/CU_RSMENU.pdf

Attachments

• 66336849.jpg
    66336849.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1
What would they do if people ordered a bunch of the sandwiches, and say hold everything except the cheese (so no bread, meat, veggies, mayo, etc). Could you still get a plate of cheese that way, and you've technically ordered a dozen sandwiches?
HYSTERICAL!!! You got THEM figured out!! :upsidedow :flower3: :love:

I completely agree... particularly because so many people ordered the cheese plate because they felt they were

Interesting that the gentleman from Holz' office told me that the cheese plate wasn't popular.

Look, I agree. They want to push the $38 dollar one. And I will ask for a AHOD plate. I'm not holding my breath that I'll get one. And of course I knew that most of his comments were the standard warm and fluffy. I will give them credit for at least contacting me personally and not via a form email. Still don't think the AHOD is coming back, nor will I get one.

Actually the thing that got me was his comment that the cheese plate wasn't popular. Right....

Oh no! One of my favorites! Just had it a few times on our Thanksgiving cruise!!

Interesting that the gentleman from Holz' office told me that the cheese plate wasn't popular.

Look, I agree. They want to push the $38 dollar one. And I will ask for a AHOD plate. I'm not holding my breath that I'll get one. And of course I knew that most of his comments were the standard warm and fluffy. I will give them credit for at least contacting me personally and not via a form email. Still don't think the AHOD is coming back, nor will I get one.

Actually the thing that got me was his comment that the cheese plate wasn't popular. Right....
your comments are right on! there are people saying its gone because it was abused. doubtful. its room service and i go back to, if this were so, the mickey bar would be off the menu. you don't deliver one mickey bar to a room, its normally one for each person.
theres two reason to take it off the menu. one, as your caller said, is that it wasn't popular. things that don't sell often are taken off menus. the other would be if it was popular and they thought, hey, heres how we can make some money. my vote is for the second. i have yet to see a compelling argument to change that thought. one of the reasons that i think its the second reason is that they have done away with the wings as well and didn't someone say you can purchase them in the pub for a fee? lets make money! its a company motto.
thank you again for sending in the email. i'm sure they know resistance was going to call and you did. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter