No longer getting daily DIS NEW emails?

Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! For past few weeks I'm not receiving the Daily emails, just every few days...Am I the only one? And how do I get back on regular schedule?
Have been here since '99 so I really depend on this daily pick-me-up :earsgirl::thanks:

I'm not trying to be Capt. Obvious :D but I suppose your preferences haven't changed in your profile? Although, it doesn't look like you can really specify frequency. It's more of an opt in or out.

I opted out some time back so hopefully someone who gets them routinely can weigh in.

I have had this happen to me many times over the last couple years. Drove me batty trying to figure it out. Ultimately, it has to do with email servers changing the parameters of what they consider spam. It doesn't end up in your spam folder, the sender just gets blocked somehow.

The only way around it I found is to set up a new burner email account, change your DIS email to this new email, then forward all of your email from this new account to your main email account that you read.

Coincidentally, my latest email was just blocked again within the past couple of days so I'm having the same issue again. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

It may be due to the current upheaval in the company. They’re trying to revamp things after a co-owner was accused of some pretty heinous acts and subsequently is being divested.

It may be due to the current upheaval in the company. They’re trying to revamp things after a co-owner was accused of some pretty heinous acts and subsequently is being divested.
I've heard what's going on but how would that affect email notifications?

The entire company is in the process of revamping things. I’m sure this is a low priority at the moment.
There might not be anything they even could do about it.

The tech board is littered with threads the past couple of years requesting help, but it seems to be an email provider issue.

It can be how the emails are designed and the tech behind it. Email providers have indeed systems to determine if something is spam or not. For example if a picture in the email is uploaded to the email withe name "jrkwsi339djs" it will be considered spam quicker than when the picture is called "cinderella_castle".

Suspicious urls/links, or not having a text version (a text-only version) can also increase the chances to become spam. The sender can get utomatically blocked.

But sometimes it can also be the sender blocking you. Sometimes it only takes one bounced email to get your mail adress removed from the database.

Someone sprinkled pixie dust... Late yesterday & today emails showed up!

PS. A hundred years ago in '99 I was THRILLED to find DIS INFO to provide my Disney fix whenever I needed it!
And then I learned the former (?) owner was a Jersey Boy who made the move & was living my dream! It was SO exciting.
I'm sorry for all those who've been impacted by the awful revelations recently & sad that for some, "The Dream Is Over." 😢 :tink::earsgirl:

Someone sprinkled pixie dust... Late yesterday & today emails showed up!

PS. A hundred years ago in '99 I was THRILLED to find DIS INFO to provide my Disney fix whenever I needed it!
And then I learned the former (?) owner was a Jersey Boy who made the move & was living my dream! It was SO exciting.
I'm sorry for all those who've been impacted by the awful revelations recently & sad that for some, "The Dream Is Over." 😢 :tink::earsgirl:
Dang, I'm jealous. Mine never start showing back up their own. I'm happy for you though!

Email clients are getting more picky about the configuration of the sender's server setup. One of the services hit the hardest by some of the added security are companies that send mail on other's behalf and while I don't get the emails from the DIS I'm confident they are using some third party like Mailgun to send them.

Even in the enterprise you see companies that don't configure the necessary records (SPF, DKIM, DMARC for those that care) and you end up on calls trying to walk people through what is needed to get their email past quarantine or spam filters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter