• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*NO LONGER* frustrated trying to book a cruise!!**UPDATED**

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
For the past week I've been gathering price quotes from several different travel agencies. Many of them were competetive but we decided to go with All Seasons Travel because they do a large volume of Disney cruises, DCI said they were reputable when I called them, and they had the *lowest* rate....or SO I thought.

(I have deleted the long explanation of the problem I had in order to conserve space. In short, it was an error in quoting a price).

***UPDATE***

The owner of All Seasons Travel, Chuck Maida, called me early this afternoon and apologised for the confusion. We both knew it was an honest mistake on one of his employee's part, and Chuck is honoring the original price I was quoted. Chuck is a very friendly, knowledgable, interesting person to speak to! I was more than happy to complete the booking of our cruise with him because until the this misunderstanding, I had a very good feeling about booking our cruise with them. I think Chuck's response to my situation shows true customer appreciation and confirms how reputable his company really is. :)

I am dealing with Allseasons travel now and have had no problems maybe ask another person in the office i have talk to 3 different people and they have been helpful.

thanks, dreamindisney, I went to that site and requested a quote.

3Dbunch: I spoke with Patrick this morning, and when this $200 problem came up, he put me on hold for a minute, so I assume he spoke to someone else, but he came back and said they wouldn't change the price. I don't know if I should call back and ask to speak to someone else or not. :( I was excited about booking with them before this happened this morning :(

If you're a club member like with a Costco, AAA or other membership, they can give you a real good discount on Disney Cruise. I went through a number of TAs last year and went on Expedia, Travelocity and other web TAs and got quotes and noticed club prices are about $400 lower.

gswfan:

Thanks for the tip! :) I didn't even think of checking with AAA or BJ's. I was just on BJ's website and they have online quotes and it came back at $100 less than All Seasons. I will give AAA a call to see what their rates are.

You're welcome. I think the reason they can give you a better deal is because they're working on their membership volume. That's where there advantage is. TAs and websites like Travelocity rely on walk-in customers. I know I was pretty happy with the rate I got from our club. Good luck. :earsboy:

We use Jospephine at OurLaughingPlace.com. She's wonderful. I wouldn't use the agency you were thinking of going with just based on your interaction. Price, while obviously important, does not rank above customer service. Just be glad you found out before booking!

Have a wonderful trip!

Erin :D

I've heard really nice things about Chuck...I think he runs a very classy business....also, his website is awesome.

We used mktravel.com when we booked and they were great we had a flucktuation(sp) in our group size originally it was going to be three of us than four and than now two. and they were very efficiant in giveing us those quotes b4 we booked

WE leave 2morow and i am so excitedd

I have to say that I had my 10/30/04 cruise booked with a different travel agency than All Seasons but after reading this thread I took a look at the pricing for my cruise. They were $300 cheaper than what I had booked!!! So, I called them and booked with them. They were SO NICE, and I'm happy to be booked with them. So, I just called my other travel agent and canceled my cruise. Thanks Seaspray for this thread!! I know you were first caused grief, but because of your thread, and outcome, I decided to check All Seasons out. Now, I have some more spa money, Absolute Face and Body here I come!!!!

Just wondering...Are All Seasons and allseastravel.com the same thing? I am trying to research the best way to book a cruise.

I am not totally sure that we are going to do a Disney cruise. I am seriously considering a RCCL cruise. I would like to use Dreams Unlimited but they don't book "other" cruise lines.

Do you get very good customer service with Costco or some of these other web-only cruise agencies? We are first time cruisers and I think I would be relying on the person I book with to give me some help.

Thanks!

They do also book other cruises at Dreams Unlimited we have used them for our 6 cruises and think they r great they r also the
sponsors of this site , and they dont delete post when u talk about other travel agencys........
we r going on the october 10 th western and about 40 people have booked cabins threw dreams for that cruise............
peter

jel0511: I'm so glad you were able to save money by transferring to All Seasons! :)

goofyfordisney: Yes, www.allseastravel.com and "All Seasons Travel" are the same company and I am 99% sure they book other cruise lines in addition to Disney.

Try FamilyCruiseDiscounts.com. They beat every price we got for our Christmas 2004 cruise! Our friends booked through them also and got the same discounts! The ten night cruise is so pricey, we spent weeks shopping through agents and on line. They beat every price hands down. And, if I found a price lower, they beat that too! We have booked several other cruises through Carol and always come back for low prices and GREAT service. Evidently they are a preferred supplier for Disney and get great volume discounts.

Good luck!

Definitely try AAA. They were the same price as the others for my cruise. They are giving us a $100 shipboard credit because we booked during their one week sale back in April. We also will get the soda mugs.

We tried AAA and Costco and FamilyCruiseDiscounts.com still came in much lower PLUS we also received the Ship Board Credit plus a Disney gift for our kids. It is my understanding that this company ALWAYS offers the credits, not just at certain times. Just ask!

Hygiene99-- I just recently contacted DU about getting quotes for RCCL in addition to DCL--they told me that they are no longer booking cruises other than DCL.:confused:

Allseastravel.com DOES book DCL as well as "other" cruise lines.

I am still trying to decide which cruise line to go with...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter