No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

And since that was DDW's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Outstanding Job!!! :thanks:

DonaldDoleWhip's 3 Day Total Oct./Nov. Game Points Earned = :worship: 203

Now for our First Update of the Day from yesterday, which was sent to us by Niki Andiokno.

On Sunday Niki attended this F & W Festival Culinary Demonstration...

Niki said, "Our first food yesterday was the Fritz Sonnenschmidt culinary demonstration. He made a tart of goat cheese, red onion and fig marmalade with mashed potatoes. It was really excellent."

"It was paired with a really nice Merlot."

"Here is a photo of Sally watching intently."

"She is the most attractive person in our party so lots of photos of her." ;)

"And here is a photo of Sally and me with Chef Fritz...

"He was the cutest and sweetest man. He gave us signed photos and told us stories about how Zeus fell down the mountain Olympus and found figs, so eating figs could make you a demi-god."

3 October Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for name/menus, pic of Niki & Sally with the Chef, misc. pics, and First Update of the Day

Niki also sent us an update from various other locations around Epcot.

She said, "After the culinary demo, we went to the Ghirardelli area of the Food & Wine Festival Center."

"Here we got drinking chocolate and a glass of red wine."

"The two of them paired perfectly. The drinking chocolate is very rich, so I would not suggest a full cup for one person. The three of us shared it and were just fine. Totally yummy."

"The area had beautiful chocolate sculptures. Even the paintings were chocolate.

Then their next stop was Club Cool...

"Beverly" ;)

"Next we went to the Canada F & W festival booth and got the mushroom filet. It was tender but smothered in a bland white sauce. I didn't even get a photo. The Petite Syrah was excellent though."

"Then a wine tasting at Vins de France...

"This is a really good deal. Much better than the booths. $9.39 for three 2 oz. pours."

"Mike and Sally enjoying their wine."

"Next we stopped at the African booth for the beef bobotie and some more wine."

Berbere Style Beef with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato, Okra and Pap

4 October Game Points Earned + 9 Bonus Points for menus, pics of Mike & Sally, and misc. pics

Next in yesterday morning was a dinner update from Arielle71.

Gisèle said, "Last night's dinner was at Epcot's...

"We both had the filet...

"The cooking was perfect, but it was a bit too salted."

"And we both had the maple creme brulee...

5 October Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Next in were a couple of updates from Rachael (Gracefulskinny), the first one a two-part update from Magic Kingdom.

She said, "Yesterday's lunch was at...

Pecos Bill's

Here's what they had...

"While not out of this world amazing, they were 1000x better than the junk served to us at Sci-Fi on Saturday. We also really liked the toppings bar."

Aloha Isle

"We rode POTC and Jungle Cruise and then decided we needed a refreshing snack. Since they were right there, we went with Dole Whips!"

"Mine is a pineapple citrus swirl float...

"OMG!!! I totally get the raving over these things!" :thumbsup2

"DH got a straight up pineapple float...

"He loved these as well. It was the perfect refreshing snack."

4 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pics of Rachael & DH

Gracefulskinny's next update was from their breakfast yesterday at...

Riverside Mill

"We split a Bounty Platter...

"It was delicious."

"No one mentioned though that the castmembers break into song randomly here...interesting to say the least." ;)

3 October Game Points Earned

Mr DDW's montage of food from the France Pavilion should be in a Disney guidebook - wonderful!! :)

Li Li also sent us an update from her breakfast yesterday morning.

For their breakfast, she and Nigel chose...

The menu...

Some buffet pics...

"The mini-loaves are so cute!"

"I chose bacon cheese grits, Eggs Benedict, sausage, biscuit with sausage gravy and scrambled eggs."

"Nigel's plate...

"Sweet potato pancakes, Mickey waffle, Eggs Benedict, bacon cheese grits, sausage gravy with biscuit."

"OMG, everything was so good! This may have replaced Boma as my favorite breakfast buffet. And $20 per person isn't bad. I was also a glutton and got another plates so I could try the pancakes with pecan butter and my first Mickey waffle!"

"I loved the Mickey waffle! The pancakes were good but just a tad too dense and rich for me."

"Nigel got a second plate with more grits, eggs and the potatoes but we forgot to take a pic." :(

5 October Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for name/menu pics and buffet pics

Jeri (jerseytinkerbell) sent us a two-part update from their Sunday evening at Magic Kingdom.

She said, "MK was open until 3 am yesterday and we went in and grabbed a bite at..."

"We ordered from Bay 2 (Burgers)...

"I had the bacon cheeseburger and Rob had the ham and Swiss burger."

"For a counter service burger this was actually really good. Then it was time for Wishes!"

"One snack update from last night too. We made a late night stop at..."

"I had the pineapple vanilla swirl soft serve...

"Rob had the pineapple float with pineapple ice cream...

4 October Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for signs, menus and Wishes pic

Next we heard from Rachel (Smiling Cheshire Cat), who sent us a lunch update from Animal Kingdom.

She said, "Yesterday was not the most exciting dining day for us. Lunch was at...

Restaurantosaurus

"Here's my chicken and bacon salad...

"It also had tomatoes and croutons. It was good but I miss the Dig Site salad."

"Brian chose the grilled chicken sandwich and Chase had a burger which didn't get photographed."

"Brian said he was burgered out, but Chase says there's no such thing." ;)

"Brianna had this turkey wrap...

"It was just turkey, lettuce and tomato but she liked it."

"Brian also had this side of mac and cheese which was good."

5 October Game Points Earned

Rachel also sent us this dinner update...

She said, "Dinner ended up being 'grab what you can, when you can' so I only got a picture of mine."

"This is the vegetable soup from DHS'...

Rosie's All American Cafe

"I actually enjoyed this a lot. It was full of vegetables."

"Later in the evening, Chase and I shared this peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie. Very yummy!"

2 October Game Points Earned

Next in yesterday afternoon was an update from Mindy2k3 from her dinner on Sunday at Epcot's...

Le Cellier

Here's what they had...

"Pretzel bread after it was attacked. Sorry!"

"Three orders of cheese soup were devoured."

"Two New York strips...

...and two filets were shared."

"And one lobster salad was an entree."

"We managed to eat everything but we were so full we had to leave Epcot and go to bed!" ;)

5 October Game Points Earned

Then Mindy's family had breakfast yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

DD1's plate"

"My plate: Puffed French toast, breakfast lasagna, biscuit with gravy, scrambled eggs, potato casserole and sausage. Very good!"

"DD11's first plate: Cheese, eggs and bacon."

"DD11's fruit plate."

"DH's the works omelet, potato casserole and breakfast meat. He enjoyed it all."

"The girls with Pooh!"

2 October Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of girls with Pooh

I guess it's about time for me to check into this topic. I'm Peter, and I'll be doing live food reports for the duration of my trip down to the World (Oct27th-Nov1st). As a kid my family went down to Disney every year for what seemed to be forever, but I went down last year for the first time in nearly I'd say 8 years.

Your photos are AMAZING!

Next in yesterday was another great Food & Wine Festival update from Jeri (jerseytinkerbell).

She said, "Lots of Food & Wine updates again today Barb! We are tearing through this festival!" :laughing:

"Our first stop today was...

"I tried the Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie."

"Great flavor but I wish it had a little more seafood in it."

"Up next was...

...where Rob had the Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef."

"He loved this!"

"Meanwhile I stopped at...

...for my favorite item, the Escargot Persillade en Brioche."

"Buttery and amazing as always. I will be back here a few more times for these!"

"Then we both stopped at...

"Rob had the Venison Sausage (with pickled mushrooms, baby arugula, and black currant reduction) and Mohua Sauvignon Blanc."

"I had the Steamed Green Lip Mussels (with Garlic butter and toasted bread crumbs)."

"These were incredible!"

"I also got this sticker for trying the mussels."

"Next I stopped at...

...where I had the Lobster roll."

"Delicious! The roll is lightly toasted with a nice butter flavor."

"There is a little condiment area here to add different flavors of Tabasco to your food."

"Rob wants one of these installed at home." :lmao:

"Then we stopped at...

"Rob got the Schinkennudeln (Pasta Gratin with ham and cheese) and the Weingut Pitthan Dornfelder wine."

"He said it was good but plain."

"I got the apple strudel (with Werther's Original Karamel and Vanilla Sauce)."

"It looks better than it tastes. Not much flavor."

"Next Rob returned to...

"This time he tried the Berbere Style Beef (with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato, Okra and Pap) and Porcupine Ridge Syrah."

"He loved this!"

"Then we made another return trip to...

"I had to try the Garlic Shrimp Rob had on Thursday and he wanted another serving of it too."

"AMAZING! I foresee at least 2 more trips here for me. The flavor is so vibrant and the roasted tomatoes really add to the dish."

"Rob also tried the Rosemount Estate Pinot Grigio here."

14 October Game Points Earned + 17 Bonus Points for signs/menus, pic of Jeri, and misc. pics

Then Jeri added, "For my final World Showcase stop of the day I ducked into...

"I had a momentary panic attack when I did not see the Avocado Margarita listed on the menu {and so did jabead :eek:} but the bartender said they took it off the menu during Food & Wine but they are usually able to make it for you if you ask." :confused3

"Fabulous as always!"

"Rob decided to give the Wild Passion Fruit a try...

"I had a sip of his and it was tasty. The chili powder on the rim gave it a nice little kick at the end."

"Just a little tip, I started following La Cava on Twitter because every Monday you can go in and show them on your phone that you are following them and get any margarita for $10. That was a pretty significant savings for us today!"

TAKE NOTE MY FELLOW EPCOT BAR CRAWL ATTENDEES...DEC. 9th is a Monday! :thumbsup2

1 October Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu and tip

"I had the Lobster Eggs Benedict...[/COLOR]

Two-Poached Eggs, Lobster Hash, Asparagus, and Hollandaise Sauce

"This was incredible! I would come back just for this dish!"

5 October Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. pic

1 October Game Point Awarded to smile4stamps
OMG I need to eat this. It looks sooo good!!!!

Next in yesterday was Rachael's (Gracefulskinny) lunch update from Animal Kingdom's...

Here is what they had...

Looks like two pulled pork sandwiches, french fries and onion rings.

Rachael said, "Everything was very good."

"The view from our table..."

3 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter