No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

Meanwhile Jeri (jerseytinkerbell) & Rob were at Animal Kingdom yesterday morning and sent us these updates.

She said, "We decided just to snack around AK today and we started at the Yak & Yeti counter service location."

"We each had a pork egg roll."

"These are so yummy!"

"Next we stopped at...

"We had a frozen cappuccino."

"This was a lot creamier than we remembered. This drink was a hit with us!"

"Our last AK stop was...

"I have been dying to try the frozen blueberry mango rum lemonade."

"So disappointing! Sickeningly sweet and barely any alcohol. Some of this got tossed in the trash I'm sad to say."

3 October Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and pic of Rob

Since I guessed wrong for Via Napoli can I change Merida34 to CA Grill?!? Lol! ;)

Well, you could but you would still be wrong. :upsidedow

No one correctly guessed that it was Rachel (Smiling Cheshire Cat) who sent us an update from her dinner Friday night at...

"Loved this picture of their wine cooler."

"We had a great table by the window. Love the new look of the restaurant. It seems brighter and more open."

"Here's the menu, which seems to be exactly what allears has listed."

"And the kids menu, which was sadly missing the kids favorite mac and cheese. We asked if they could make it anyway and were told no." :sad2:

"Here's the bread, which was different. The dark rolls were sourdough and they were very crusty. The light piece was lavender flavored. We all loved the lavender one except Chase. He said he felt like he was eating soap. The others were just too crusty for us."

"I loved that the bread was served with this soft, salted butter."

"Briana chose the kids cheese pizza..."

"She ate most of this. The crust was a little thicker than the flatbreads and it had very little sauce."

"Chase had them make him this flatbread, which was just cheese and sauce."

"He said it didn't have enough sauce. He chose plain mozzarella instead of te buffalo milk cheese. Our server told him it would be a creamier cheese, but he wasn't willing to try it."

"I love trying the different flatbreads Cali Grill does, so this time I got the pork pate."

"This had a mixture of pork pate, mascarpone cheese with roasted garlic and mushrooms. It was totally delicious. Chase decided that the strips on top were pork rinds. Our waitress had a bit of a laugh about that. She said that they were actually thinly cut mushrooms that had been toasted."

"Brian had the red snapper..."

"It was on a bed of vegetables and polenta. He said the fish was excellent. But the sauce and polenta were too citrusy."

"Chase had 8 glasses of water..."

"Our waitress told us it was Italian and triple filtered."

"We were definitely having dessert. Here's the menu..."

"Brianna was given this creme brulee for her birthday..."

"We all had a bite. It was really good."

"I wish I hadn't ordered her this dessert off the kids menu..."

"The chocolate chocolate chip cookies were not very soft, but the chocolate chip ice cream was good."

"Brian chose the fritters for his dessert..."

"They were banana and cinnamon. I liked the toasted marshmallows best. This wasn't bad but we agreed we wouldn't get it again."

"The fritters were served with these dipping sauces - chocolate, caramel, and I think the middle one was vanilla."

"And Chase and I shared the seasonal dessert, which was apple..."

"From the left had corner was the apple cider with a sugar stick, apple creme brulee, followed by apple tart, and then an apple cupcake. This was disappointing. I like my apple desserts warm and other than the cider, everything was cold."

"We've probably had better meals at Cali Grill, but still we had a great time. We got to see HalloWishes!"

10 October Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for name, menus, misc. pics and pics of kids

OK, I'll try it!

Landscape of Flavors: gracefulskinny
Sci - Fi: Merida34
Wolfgang Puck Express, Ghirardelli: Li Li
Be our Guest: jerseytinkerbell

Only smile4stamps correctly guessed that Gracefulskinny was the reporter who sent us an update yesterday from...

But they had these snacks at DHS before their late lunch at Sci-Fi...

"We also got stuck on TSM and got walked out. We were given fastpasses for later."

Then Rachael sent this report from their lunch at Sci-Fi...

"We are sitting here. Not impressed so far. Our reservation was for 3 pm. We just got seated [this was about 3:50] and don't even have drinks yet. Hope we don't miss our fastpass+ for Tower of Terror at 4:15. Right now we are just starving!"

"We both got Oreo milkshakes..."

"DH got the Picnic Burger and I got the Build a Burger...

"Both were decent but not really worth the wait. Not in a hurry to return."

Then a little later she said, "We think something might have been in the food. We both started feeling off after eating it. We definitely aren't hurrying back." :sad2:

3 October Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pics of Rachael & her DH and misc. pic

1 October Game Point Awarded to smile4stamps

smile4stamps is on a roll, as she was again the only one to correctly match up Li Li with a lunch report from AoA's...

Landscape of Flavors

She said, "Ever since I told him about it, Nigel wanted to try the Surf and Surf."

"He really liked it and said the cole slaw was good too!"

"Based on emmebear's pics, I chose the Tandoori chicken with spinach paneer and roasted cauliflower."

"I wanted the roasted acorn squash but there was a kitchen snafu and none was ready."

"My fav of this was probably the spinach paneer, although Nigel liked my basmati rice enough to finish it for me."

Then back at their resort...

"Celebrating getting a fridge..."

"And then drinks from POR's pool bar...

Margarita and Bud Light

"The pool bar is fantastic! And I really like the POR pool!"

3 October Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menu and misc. pic

Jenifer, I hope you are on the mend!! I'm am so excited for Food and Wine!! I must try some of DDW's 5 out of 5's. The Macaroon is also high on my list. 8 more days!! -Amanda :cheer2:

That just leaves two updates of the 9 featured in our Matching Game. One of these was matched correctly to jerseytinkerbell by smile4stamps.

Jeri said, "We had a late lunch today at Downtown Disney's...

"Rob and I both had the item we have been dreaming about for the last 17 months. The meatloaf sandwich..."

"Delicious as always!"

"After another trip to the movies, we headed out in search of our next treat and ended up at..."

"I had my sundae served in a waffle bowl...

"While Rob had...

"Needless to say, they were incredible!"

3 October Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and sundae descriptions

I KNEW Jeri and her DH had gone to WPE!! Anyone who has read any of Jeri's reports knows they love it there!! This one and the dessert party were the only 2 I was definite on.. You had posted earlier the Arielle was going to the 3d party.. Which by the way looks better than last years!! And I would have guessed DDW correct as well but I was otherwise occupied getting my hair done for my trip yesterday!

You've been busy today! Can't wait to sen more updates in just a few more days!

And then the last of our 9 featured updates was not correctly matched up with its reporter...the first time anyway. ;)

Jen (Merida34) & family had dinner on Friday night at Magic Kingdom's...

"Loved the napkins!"

"I started with French onion soup."

"The cheese was really good but the broth was very bland."

"For my entree, I had the strip steak."

"It was cooked perfectly and the French fries were fabulous!!!!"

"My DD had the Kids Mickey Meatloaf."

"She liked it and the broccoli, but was not a fan of the carrot ketchup!"

"For dessert we had a chocolate cream puff."

"It was pretty good. I prefer cream puffs with custard instead of chocolate mousse but my DD loved it!"

"A strawberry cupcake."

"This was delicious! I loved the moist cake and the cream cheese icing!"

"We also had a poison apple cupcake."

"It was a caramel apple cupcake and is only available on MNSSHP nights. It was really good! They also had a MNSSHP exclusive cream puff. It was a chocolate cream puff with blood orange filling. We were too full to try it though...sorry!"

"We also had some grey stuff for my DS' birthday...

"He liked it, it was too sweet for me!"

"Then we met the Beast!"

2 October Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for name, menu, special cupcake report, and pic of DD and DS with the Beast

I hope I got at least one right lol.

Sorry, not this time but how about giving it another try? ;)

I have many more great updates in the queue, but since I won't have the time to get them all posted tonight...let's again do the matching game! :thumbsup2

Here are some of the locations of the updates we have received:

1 - Travel Update
2 - River Roost Lounge
3 - Akershus
4 - Discovery of Chocolate (F & W Fest event)
5 - Wolfgang Puck Express
6 - Raglan Road
7 - Monsieur Paul
8 - Grand Floridian Cafe
9 - 'Ohana
10 - Sweet Sundays (F & W Fest event)
11 - Riverside Mill

Here are the reporters who sent these updates:

1 - Arielle71
2 - Smiling Cheshire Cat
3 - Li Li
4 - DonaldDoleWhip
5 - gracefulskinny
6 - DisneyDreamerMN
7 - Niki Andiokno
8 - jerseytinkerbell
9 - HoneyPooh72
10 - Mindy2k3
11 - Merida34

Now it's up to you to match the reporter with the location of their update. Each correct match will receive 1 October/November Game Point. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Now for a couple more updates from DonaldDoleWhip, the first one from Epcot's...

DDW said, "From World Showcase, I decided to take the monorail over to the TTC. I stopped at Fountain View Starbucks for the first time on my way out."

Menu boards

"This pastry is definitely unique to Fountain View - I haven't seen it at any other WDW location (and it's not a Starbucks product)."

"Since I'd stuffed myself earlier, I passed on the guava pocket and simply got a beverage. While waiting, I enjoyed some nice views of Spaceship Earth and the Fountain of Nations."

"My choice was a grande Tazo iced green tea, unsweetened - this was perfect for the hot weather."

"One last pic from the Epcot entrance:"

1 October Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

DonaldDoleWhip continued, "From the TTC, I walked over to the Poly to see the new running map that I'd read about. This map interestingly uses the Poly's former name, and apparently "Polynesian Village" will once again be the resort's name in the future."

"There are also some signs of the DVC construction, which is supposed to begin soon."

"Speaking of DVC, I still think GF's new building looks ugly."

"From Poly, I hopped on a boat to Magic Kingdom. It was nice to see all the Halloween decorations in the park."

"New Fantasyland is still looking good."

"However, the lines are still quite long, especially at Be Our Guest."

"Princess Fairytale Hall opened last month, and both sides (Rapunzel/Snow White and Cinderella/Aurora) had 70-minute waits. On the other side of the park, Mickey had a 5-minute wait in Town Square Theater."

"At Magic Kingdom, I stopped for another drink at..."

"Seasonal drinks - I'm sure people are happy to see their fall favorites return."

"I got the same exact drink as before - an unsweetened iced green tea. This is a delicious (and heathier) option compared to the standard WDW beverage offerings."

1 October Game Point Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc pics

DDW, try your Iced Green Tea with no water. It's even more delicious and refreshing!

Jill in CO

Speaking of Starbucks, Gisèle (Arielle71) also sent us a two-part Epcot breakfast update yesterday, which began at...

"This morning we had a coffee and a salted caramel frappuccino from Starbucks."

"We also shared a breakfast platter at...

3 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for signs

Next in yesterday was Jen's (Merida34) snack update from Epcot's...

Karamell Kuche

Here's what they had...

Caramel Popcorn

"Yummy!"

"Caramel bar...this was yummy. Tasted like shortbread with lots of good caramel."

"Chocolate and caramel covered pretzel. DD said it was good."

"A caramel brownie...not great. Tasted like a boxed brownie mix with some caramel on top."

1 October Game Point Earned

Then yesterday we received an adult beverage update from Li Li & Nigel.

They were at the Grand Floridian and had these drinks at the bar at...

Citricos

"Hendricks dirty martini with blue cheese olives for me and a Grey Goose dry martini for Nigel."

"The hostess welcomed me by name because of my Magic Band!"

1 October Game Point Earned

Lol. Oh well on the previous game :) but I will try again!

1 - Arielle71- Ohana
2 - Smiling Cheshire Cat - Akershus
3 - Li Li - Monsieur Paul
4 - DonaldDoleWhip - Grand Floridian Cafe
5 - gracefulskinny - Wolfgang Puck Express
6 - DisneyDreamerMN - Discovery of Chocolate
7 - Niki Andiokno - Travel Update
8 - jerseytinkerbell - Raglan Road
9 - HoneyPooh72 - Riverside Mill
10 - Mindy2k3 - River Roost Lounge
11 - Merida34 - Sweet Sundays

Next we received a F & W Fest update from Gisèle (Arielle71), who attended two wine seminars and a culinary demonstration yesterday.

She said, "Today we had the Twomey/Silver Oak wine seminar at noon."

"We loved their merlot the best."

"At 1 pm we had a food demo with Jamie Deen."

"He cooked a delicious pasta dish and an apple turnover. He was really fun to watch!"

"Then at 2 pm we had the Heitz cellar wine seminar where we tasted 4 wines."

"They were all good but our favorites were their Trailside and Martha's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2005...at $90 and $150 they better be good!" ;)

9 October Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for menus and presenters pics

Lol. Oh well on the previous game :) but I will try again!

1 - Arielle71- Ohana
2 - Smiling Cheshire Cat - Akershus
3 - Li Li - Monsieur Paul
4 - DonaldDoleWhip - Grand Floridian Cafe
5 - gracefulskinny - Wolfgang Puck Express
6 - DisneyDreamerMN - Discovery of Chocolate
7 - Niki Andiokno - Travel Update
8 - jerseytinkerbell - Raglan Road
9 - HoneyPooh72 - Riverside Mill
10 - Mindy2k3 - River Roost Lounge
11 - Merida34 - Sweet Sundays

Well, at least you got one right this time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter