No Loews Benefits for us!

Bacrd

Mouseketeer
Upon checking in at Portofino Bay this weekend, I presented my Loews First Card (blue). We received no welcome gift. Mind you, PBR is AWESOME and this was just a small disappointment...but when I e-mailed PBR this AM....I was told that there are no benefits when booked with a "Promotional Rate". (booked thru Loews website).
I guess no fruit basket is NOT the end of the world...but I know from these boards that it shouldn't matter what "rate" we booked at. At $189, I know others have paid much less and still gotten their perks.
I loved PBR and will definately stay there again...but the more I think about this...the more annoyed I get at being lied to.

Oh no!!!! That is exactly the rate I have for our upcoming Xmas trip. $189 at Portofino, a promotional rate.

We just returned a few weeks ago and paid $155 (ent. rate) and recieved wine and nuts as our gift.

We paid 189.00 per night and recieved a compimentary upgrade in advance to a Portofino suite because we are Platinum Lowes. I think you have a reason to feel slighted. You should of recieved the benifits you were entitled to.

Their website says it's good for any "published rate" but not negotiated rates. I think any rate published should honor the request. This would exclude entertainment rates since these are only available by phone (from what I can see) but I've gotten the gift twice with an entertainment rate. Sorry you missed out.

For what it's worth, I have noticed that just presenting the card at check in is not always enough.
I have always booked with the Entertainment discount and the welcome gift was only received after a phone call to the front desk. Sorry you didn't get the welcome gift, but don't suffer because of it !! Go again & don't be afraid to ask !!!
No one has ever said I can't receive the gift because of my rate.

HTH

haggy princess:

"LoewsFirst benefits and mileage or points awards are based upon completion of a qualifying stay at any Loews Hotel. A qualifying stay is any rate published by the hotel. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer".

http://www.loews-first.com/terms.asp

Now having posted that I just want to mention that many have had and continue to have a different experience once they check in. It still seems to be a matter of hotel occupancy and who is checking you in as to what benefits have been given. Could be they are finally cracking down and implementing their written rules. They did recently revise this program and maybe it took until now to get it in motion.

I will be interested to see if this trend continues.

I have stayed at all three on-site hotels - each time using the Entertainment Rate. I have received my "perks" each time. I was unable to upgrade because of the Ent. Rate, but I did receive a nice bottle of white wine for being a Loews First Member.

We stayed at the RPR this past July. It was our first time staying on property and we had just gotten our Loews first number. I booked using the ent. rate, and was asked what "perks" I wanted upon arrival....... we got the milk and cookies. When we checked in....... my children (all 3 ) got "goodie" bags, coupons for free drinks, and she told me our milk and cookies would be delivered to our room later that day............... I did not have to call down....... or be persistant, they just did it. I was worried from what I've read that we'd get nothing........ but, we got it all, and I didn't really even have to ask!!! We were even upgraded to a "better" room with a perfect view of the hulk. I too believe it is the person who checks you in, and what you tell them when you call to make the reservation. Good Luck next time.

Just so you don't feel too bad as it seems almost everyone else got their welcome gift... We were just at RPR in Oct. (booked through hotel kingdom) We did not get ours either - but since they upgraded us from a standard to a pool view - I didn't worry about it. Hope you had a great time!

We were there in July and also did not get any welcome gift even though I booked and gave my Lowe's number at the time. I even updated my profile. My grandson got the "A" goodies, but only after I asked and had his report card in hand. Thought it was just me, so don't feel too bad.

We used to get our welcome gift with our entertainment rates, but the last time we never got it. We called the front desk like twice because it never showed up. They kept saying they'd bring it, yet they never did. We finally gave up. I'll see if I get the welcome gift this time...

If this is true, than it's new. We always got our welcome gifts with discounts.

I always got mine also and I've NEVER paid a non discounted price to ANYWHERE ANYTIME! :p

I agree, I guess it's who checks you in.

I stayed at the PBH for 5 days last December and 5 days this July. I booked a Bay View room at the ENT rate using 1-800-Loews-11 for both stays. As a Loews First member, I was upgraded to a villa upon arrival both times, and received welcome gifts. To my surprise, in September, I received my Loews Platinum card. (I didn't think I would get credit for my December stay from last year, since you're supposed to stay 10 nights in one calendar year to qualify). From my experience, I would have to think that the ENT rate qualifies as an 'official' stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter