No housekeeping question

connie254

Disney fanatic
We are leaving soon for our stay at Pop. I want to know if they still offer the gift card in lieu of no housekeeping and when/how to ask for it. My plan right now to get to the resort, drop things off in the room(arriving later in day so I know room will be ready), get on the bus to DHS and a few rides, see Fantasmic and come back to the resort.

Stop at the desk when you get back after Fantasmic. That’s what I did in Jan with no problem.

We are leaving soon for our stay at Pop. I want to know if they still offer the gift card in lieu of no housekeeping and when/how to ask for it. My plan right now to get to the resort, drop things off in the room(arriving later in day so I know room will be ready), get on the bus to DHS and a few rides, see Fantasmic and come back to the resort.

Yes they are. Stop by the front desk when you arrive and sign up for it.

How does that gift card thing works? You get a gift card for not getting the housekeeping service? how much $?

How does that gift card thing works? You get a gift card for not getting the housekeeping service? how much $?

Depends on hotel.
You can get $10 per night less one night of your stay.
Comes in an email but with barcode so anyone can scan.
You have to call for more supplies and maintain your own room.
If you do this you will be getting security checks every day for sure.

Depends on hotel.
You can get $10 per night less one night of your stay.
Comes in an email but with barcode so anyone can scan.
You have to call for more supplies and maintain your own room.
If you do this you will be getting security checks every day for sure.

Oh, I didn't know that!
It's a nice way to save some bucks specially for us cuz we like to shop like crazy at Disney Stores lol
but we do like housekeeping so I guess it's not worth it for us.

Oh, I didn't know that!
It's a nice way to save some bucks specially for us cuz we like to shop like crazy at Disney Stores lol
but we do like housekeeping so I guess it's not worth it for us.

I was not a fan when the program came out ...
... but did try it in January to see ..
.. because I do stay at "condos" without.

Still not a fan, we won't repeat that.

I was not a fan but did try it in January to see ..
.. because I do stay at "condos" without.
Still not a fan, we won't repeat that.

I think if the amount was higher, we'd consider it. Since the perk of being on vacation is SOMEONE ELSE cleaning, 10 dollars a night is not high enough.

I think if the amount was higher, we'd consider it. Since the perk of being on vacation is SOMEONE ELSE cleaning, 10 dollars a night is not high enough.

It originally was higher but then they dropped it down.

We did it in December at CSR, we were only there for 4 nights so we got $30. Before they offered the incentive I told them not to send housekeeping anyway since I'm pretty neat and always pick up my stuff and pull my covers up on my bed (I don't make it up all the way). I always use a towel more than once as well so getting a gift card for it was an easy decision for us. I also do it at Sheraton resorts but I get points from those instead of the gift card (theirs is on $5 per night). I'm not a fan of having people in my room and understand that now it will probably mean the security checks in the room but it is what it is.

I wasn’t going to do this for our 15 night stay at Pop this summer but then saw a lot of people mention housekeeping skipped their room and wasn’t stocking stuff or cleaning like they should, etc so we might do it after all. I can keep the room pretty clean myself and i don’t really care if they do the security checks anyway

As a public service, I am sharing my experience. I was on property and December and accepted the no housekeeping gift card offer. However, at some point I deleted the email they sent, never redeeming it. In fact, I don't even remember it. (Caught the flu on that visit so most of the trip was fevered room). In advance of an upcoming stay, I was trying to find it and realized it was gone. Here is my experience.

1. Called customer service. Customer service gave me the number for billing, told me their hours.

2. Called billing. Billing transferred me to gift cards.

3. Gift cards said they couldn't help me. They gave me the number for billing. They could not transfer me.

4. Called billing. I explained the chain of events. Billing transferred me to the resort.

5. The resort informs me that the email was sent and opened. Originally, my hope would be that they could either tell me the number of the gift card or resend the email. I was told that the email could not be resent without being cancelled and then a new card being sent. They could not give me the number. I then asked if they could confirm that I never used the balance so that they know I am being honest. The cast member had to get a supervisor. I waited on hold while they confirm that I had never use the balance canceled, then resent another gift card.

The moral of the story is do not delete the email. Transfer it to another gift card or use it immediately. If you do delete the email, now you know exactly who you need to contact as no one that I spoke with seemed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter