No "Guest Experience" Kiosks in MK

DAS has always been handled somewhat differently at WDW vs DL/DCA. The CA parks have used kiosks for getting return times. For several years WDW only gave return times at the actual ride. Last year they opened some Guest Relaions kiosks and reports varied about getting DAS return times at these kiosks. Now post-covid it seems the some parks have the kiosks while others do not - likely due to crowds and space for socially-distanced lines.

My son has not been to a Disney park in several years. Last time, at Disneyland, they were still using the DAC and we would go to the umbrella kiosks to get our return times. They would physically write the time on our card. Since the transition to DAS, is the return time now affiliated with a magic band or MDE?

Im also concerned about going to the actual ride for the return time instead of "covertly" getting a time from a separate location. My son has severe autism and part of the reason we need the GAS is to avoid him having a melt down because he doesnt understand the concept of taking turns. If we can keep him moving, he's less likely to get impatient. I'm not really looking forward to having to ditch the rest of my family several times a day to get the times at the actual ride entrance.

But even then, I am so thankful to Disney by offering any accommodations. It really makes a huge difference in how my son can enjoy his vacation.

The GAC was unsustainable and really turned into a free front of the line pass. The DAS has more of equal access then the GAC ever did. So your magic band is just your "key" to your MDE account. It is no different then a key card that we used to get(and still can), it is just a different shape. It's easier if you think of it in those terms. There is nothing actually "on" the magic band, just as there is nothing on the key cards. If you have more then one adult, you can send them to the ride to get a DAS return time. I wouldn't say that you are "ditching" your family. It's not like it takes hours to run to the ride and get a return time. I think that you will find that it's really not that big of a deal. You will still have to wait however long the actual wait time is for the ride, then go on the ride, and then you can go and get a return time for your next ride. Maybe as things pick up, they will bring back the kiosks. I never felt like they were convenient enough to make a difference and since it was a "customer service" kiosks, you had all kind of people lined up asking a ton of different questions and the line could get pretty long. I found that it was faster just to walk over to the ride and get a return time then wait for a cast member at the kiosk.

If you have more then one adult, you can send them to the ride to get a DAS return time.

So do they write down the return time on a physical piece of paper? Do they assign the time via MDE? Im just wondering how I present our credentials at ride time after we have waited.

I wouldn't say that you are "ditching" your family. It's not like it takes hours to run to the ride and get a return time. I think that you will find that it's really not that big of a deal.

I know it's not a huge deal, just not looking forward to separating from my party every time we want to ride something. Given the smaller crowd levels, I'm hoping the maneuvering through the crowds will be easy.

You will still have to wait however long the actual wait time is for the ride, then go on the ride, and then you can go and get a return time for your next ride.

Oh yeah. I know. We are totally cool with that.

So do they write down the return time on a physical piece of paper? Do they assign the time via MDE? Im just wondering how I present our credentials at ride time after we have waited.
At WDW, the return time is added to MDE - accessed either by MagicBand or hard ticket. To initially obtain a DAS you will need everyone from your party or at least all their MBs. Then anyone can go to a ride for a return time and the CM will scan your MB to see who is in your party. There was a report last week of needing the whole party present to get a DAS return time but I’m not sure if that may have been an odd issue at the time or a new procedure.

The first post of this thread explains DAS and how it works at WDW (which is slightly different than at DL): https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

I know it's not a huge deal, just not looking forward to separating from my party every time we want to ride something. Given the smaller crowd levels, I'm hoping the maneuvering through the crowds will be easy.

Oh yeah. I know. We are totally cool with that.

As lanejudy said, the return time shows up on you MDE account, just like the fastpasses did. But it will say DAS return time. IDK when you are going, but with the exception of holidays, wait times have been pretty low and chances are you will not need a DAS for many rides. That will cut down on your separation. You can easily get a return time for one of the busier rides, let's say Mine Train, and then do the rounds of closer rides like Pooh, IASW, etc that will make it so you don't have far to walk. It really is not as bad as you are imagining, especially now with the lower crowds. Have a fun trip.

As lanejudy said, the return time shows up on you MDE account, just like the fastpasses did. But it will say DAS return time. IDK when you are going, but with the exception of holidays, wait times have been pretty low and chances are you will not need a DAS for many rides. That will cut down on your separation. You can easily get a return time for one of the busier rides, let's say Mine Train, and then do the rounds of closer rides like Pooh, IASW, etc that will make it so you don't have far to walk. It really is not as bad as you are imagining, especially now with the lower crowds. Have a fun trip.
Yes! This is exactly what we did. Obtained a return time for Space, then rode Buzz, Astro Orbiter, Carousel of Progress while we waited. Obtained Splash time, then rode Big Thunder and Pirates while we waited. Obtained Mine Train then had lunch, rode Small World, Tea Cups, Pooh, Philharmagic while we waited. I will say Animal kingdom was the hardest park to maneuver with DAS. There are honestly so few rides there that everything backed up quickly. The good thing is with all of the trails and such, we just spent more time doing things like that while we waited for our return times, which we don't always make the time for.

I will say Animal kingdom was the hardest park to maneuver with DAS. There are honestly so few rides there that everything backed up quickly. The good thing is with all of the trails and such, we just spent more time doing things like that while we waited for our return times, which we don't always make the time for.
That’s better than what we did while waiting at AK: more snacks than normal.

At WDW, the return time is added to MDE - accessed either by MagicBand or hard ticket. To initially obtain a DAS you will need everyone from your party or at least all their MBs. Then anyone can go to a ride for a return time and the CM will scan your MB to see who is in your party. There was a report last week of needing the whole party present to get a DAS return time but I’m not sure if that may have been an odd issue at the time or a new procedure.

The first post of this thread explains DAS and how it works at WDW (which is slightly different than at DL): https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/
THANK YOU! This is the information I've needed! :)

BTW, our trip is in early January. I'll report back to let y'all know how it worked out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter