• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No GAC, no Fast Pass needed

LisaBi

DIS Veteran
Hi All - Just got home last night. We were in the world from Wed. Sept. 14 to Sept. 21. We got a GAC at MK on our first day - I barely even asked. I went to Guest Services, said "I'd like to get another assistance card for him" as I was pulling out the old one, and the CM cut me off and said "I'll be right back." I never even said what help we needed or showed him the old one. We received a GAC with the appropriate stamps. But I never used it except for to ride Test Track on our last day.

It was so uncrowded, especailly last Wed, Thur, and Fri. Fast Pass wasn't operating most of the time for most of the rides. We used standby every time, and our longest wait was about 10 minutes on Soarin. The only reason Test Track had much of a wait on the 21st was that it had been raining off and on all morning, so the line was backed up from the ride being intermitently shut down. RNR has posted waits of 5 minutes. Space Mountain usually had 20 minutes posted, but there was no line at all in the standby line and only maybe a dozen people in the queues in the boarding area.

The shows like B&B and Tarzan were running on half full theaters. One day, we were leaving MK about 2:40 (just before the parade) and there were lots of good spots still open.

The parks were much more crowded starting Saturday, and never really thinned out, but the rides still didn't have lines to speak of.

I'll post more details on the main board later.

LisaB

That's great! I'm glad you had a good trip. I wish I was back in Disney now :sad: I hope to be going back over Spring Break.

Saving the old GAC for presentation the next trip has always been a good strategy for us repeat visitors. We forgot in January and regretted it as we only got the "shaded waiting area" stamp and not the "alternate entrance" stamp that we have gotten on prior visits, and we didn't notice it. Fortunately crowd levels were low, but we still struggled a bit. The following day, we went back to Guest Svcs and explained why we needed the "alternate entrance" stamp, and got it taken care of; but it was still a hassle to have to go to GS twice. So when we go back in 10 days, we'll get the fresh GAC made up in the old one's image and save everyone some time.

I imagine with Food & Wine starting up, the crowd levels should be coming back a little.

It is always MUCH EASIER to go during less crowded times and not have to worry about a GAC!!!! I am happy you had a great time!!!!
JenJen

JenJen said:
It is always MUCH EASIER to go during less crowded times and not have to worry about a GAC!!!! I am happy you had a great time!!!!
JenJen
::yes::
Going during non-crowded times does make everything easier. The waits are short and it's much easier with less people.

We went the 8th to the 13, only used the gac for shows, where they corrall everyone before the show in a small area, with the card we could wait separately (like tough to be a bug). the parks were so empty, no one can believe my pictures of main street!! I will always plan my trip to wdw for this time of year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter