• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Frozen merchandise?

gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
We looked everywhere, hoping to get an Olaf for my daughter, but a CM told us they only had Frozen promotional stuff before the movie came out. Isn't Disney missing a merchandizing opportunity?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

They're probably sold out. In October the Norway Pavilion was stocked with Frozen merch, everything from doll sets to plushies to clothing. It's such a popular movie that keeping items in stock is next to impossible.

When I was there a few weeks ago, I looked around a bit for stuffed Olaf. A CM at DHS told me Frozen stuff sells out as soon as it comes in.

This was the best Disney movie for young children, especially young girls, in a very long time. It is no wonder that the merchandise sells our quickly. We only saw it in Norway when we were there two weeks ago, and it was gone the next day when we went back - everything - gone.

I'm hoping to obtain something related to Frozen when I go in May. Will I have better at one park over another or will I have the same luck at all of the major parks?:flower3:

I asked about it when we were there, I asked about in Downtown Disney, Norway and a couple big Disney toy stores.
They simply said, everything is sold out and pretty much sells out the minute it hits the shelves.

A CM at the Disney Store in Atlanta told me that they sell out quickly of the limited items that were originally released, but that a whole new batch of stuff will be coming out for the DVD rollout in March.

You never know how accurate a CM rumor is, but it sounds plausible. :confused3

I happened across an Olaf at Wal-Mart and got my youngest daughter one...she loves it. Walked by the same area of the toy dept a couple days later and you would have never known any Frozen mdse had ever been there. Target was the same way, you can tell where the Frozen mdse is supposed to be displayed because it is the only shelves that are totally empty.

JCPenney here in Charleston, WV, had Olaf, Kristof, and Anna dolls this weekend.

I'm thinking they weren't expecting Frozen to be so popular. Same thing happened to Toy Story. My daughter asked for toys for a month and a half before they finally had them on disneyshopping in stock. We tried Wal-mart but they had a small Frozen section that always had empty shelves. She has them now and LOVES them. Plays with them constantly. And they weren't expensive. $12 from Disney direct.princess:

A CM at the Disney Store in Atlanta told me that they sell out quickly of the limited items that were originally released, but that a whole new batch of stuff will be coming out for the DVD rollout in March.

That is what I heard too.

Target had a neat talking plush Olaf that you could take apart. They had a few but I was really looking for the smaller one that they had in early December. As for the parks or Downtown Disney I have yet to see anything other then the dolls for Anna, Elsa and Kristof.
I really want an adult sized Olaf T-shirt or sweatshirt.

I bought my daughter an adorable Frozen t-shirt at Children's Place. I think they are around $10-$12.:goodvibes

Entertainment Weekly recently ran a blub about the popularity of the movie and the un-anticipated clamor for merchandise. There was a quote from a Disney executive saying that "getting more merchandise out there is priority number one" for the company. Now who knows how soon it'll get there, but obviously they know they missed the mark with this one.

Thanks for the heads up, Glad to know DVD will be out in a few weeks

This is what I was told back in December when I inquired my Disney Store about Olaf plushies, so it sounds accurate to me. They said there was going to be "more merch and restocking on the original stuff" in March when the DVD releases. Didn't specify what kind of merch, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter