• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

mnkev

Earning My Ears
30 days out today and all Fast Passes are gone. Would you:

Hit it right at rope drop and hope wait is not already 45 min.

Keep watching FP.

Watch it on the app during the day and hope to stand by.

Skip - not worth the wait.

Three teenage daughters with mom and dad. Only one day at MK before our cruise.

Thoughts?

30 days out today and all Fast Passes are gone. Would you:

Hit it right at rope drop and hope wait is not already 45 min.

Keep watching FP.

Watch it on the app during the day and hope to stand by.

Skip - not worth the wait.

Three teenage daughters with mom and dad. Only one day at MK before our cruise.

Thoughts?

Keep watching for FP, if that doesn't work, try to rope drop it, if not, watch the app all day. And then ride very close to the end of the night if all else fails.

Frankly, I'd say this is a skip for teenagers. My two, a boy and a girl, would much rather ride BTMRR or Space Mtn. We have done the strategy where you get in line right before park closing and only waited about 20 minutes to get on.

Frankly, I'd say this is a skip for teenagers. My two, a boy and a girl, would much rather ride BTMRR or Space Mtn. We have done the strategy where you get in line right before park closing and only waited about 20 minutes to get on.

I second this.

Either skip it or jump in line right before closing.

Not worth the RD madness, and definitely not worth checking for multiple times per day.

IMO

Another vote for going right before closing. Btw The wait time will be greatly exaggerated at the end of the day. I also much prefer the ride in the dark.

My teen enjoys it. We rope dropped it once and it wasn't too bad. Just ignore the expected wait time sign if you go at rope drop because it will be much longer than the actual wait.

Have you been on it? I definitely put it in the category that you should ride it at least once. I've found it's easiest to get FPs that I want late at night and early in the morning.

I was at Disney yesterday and just kept refreshing the app when I was there and got it after i had already gone thru my other 3. I was with my teen daughter and she goes why the hype for this ride.. I guess if you have young kids is a nice easier way to introduce them to roller coaster but I don't understand the wait for it. Extremely short ride. We did all 4 parks in 1 day.

Keep trying. People get sick, people cancel their trip, or change their mind and switch to something else. I tweaked and I was able to get better results.

Another option is to break up into smaller groups with the fastpasses and get close enough times to still be together. For example, try for 10 am for a party of three. Then, try for a party of 2 at 10:15am. Then, all five of you can go at 10:15 am.

I would not wait more than hour on stand by. And if I did the ride before, I wouldn't wait more than a half hour for stand by.

Keep trying. I was also unable to get it at 30 days but some popped up about 2 weeks before our trip.

It’s very cute, but really short. Seems like it was over in under two minutes.

We had FP, thank goodness. I would have been mad if I waited a long time for such a quick ride.

My DW and I enjoyed it on our honeymoon. It's a cute ride and the queue is cute. However, we fortunately rode it during MVMCP so the lines were much shorter. I also agree that it's a much better ride in the dark, but Space Mountain and BTMRR are more thrilling.

I don't judge rides on the length of time on the ride, but by the thrill I get in the ride. My favorite thrill ride of all time, Mr. Freeze, is only 42 seconds long, and I waited 1.5 hours to sit in the front seat for it. For the thrills this ride provides it should be longer by maybe one or two more drops.

I also say go soon before closing, it's not a bad wait at all then

If you can't get a FP for it I would do RD. We got to MK an hour before the park opened. After they let us in we lightly jogged back and were in the second row on the first train to go. Neither DH nor I like 7DMT that much, but we always ride it at least once. It's fun to race back right when the park opens, but if that isn't for you I would try to keep checking for a FP.

Keep checking, & you might get lucky. Yesterday I was able to book FP for this ride on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter