No FP for Flight of Passage: is there any hope?

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
Today was my Fast Pass day! Mine is a familiar tale. I got all of them except Flight of Passage. I guess I’ll be stalking the app, obsessively checking for a Fast Pass for the next 60+ days. Otherwise, I’ll have to rope drop it.

Also, Hollywood Studios’ FP situation is a mess. I’m gonna have to be creative with my touring over there. Fortunately, I have two days scheduled for it.

Today was my Fast Pass day! Mine is a familiar tale. I got all of them except Flight of Passage. I guess I’ll be stalking the app, obsessively checking for a Fast Pass for the next 60+ days. Otherwise, I’ll have to rope drop it.

Also, Hollywood Studios’ FP situation is a mess. I’m gonna have to be creative with my touring over there. Fortunately, I have two days scheduled for it.
Don't give up! I kept checking for my last trip in July and was able to get SDD and FOP eventually. Rope drop always works too. I haven't had to deal with the HS situation yet and everything being a Tier 1 fastpass. Hopefully they change that soon!

We made our hotel reservation inside the 60 day window, so I didn't get FP for FOP. I kept checking, and maybe around 40 days out, one actually popped up and I grabbed it. I did end up shuffling our other FPs to fit alongside it better. But I got one. Don't lose hope.

I did check a couple times a day, almost every day, probably only for a couple minutes at a time - if even that long.

There's always hope! We planned a trip 8 days out in April 2018 (so when FOP was even hotter than it is now!!) and scored a same day FP for FOP. We were literally sitting in Pizzafari and I yelled "I got it!!!!!" You never know!! (If I hadn't gotten it, we would have gotten in line at park close- RD it was just to crazy and didn't work with our plans for the week).

My fast pass day was today and no FoP for us either. HS was frustrating, with almost everything being a Tier 1 besides the shows. Plus I'm sure the park will be so crowded with SWGE that the standby times for everything else will be high.

My FP day was on Sunday and our AK day was 60+2 into our trip. I was able to get a FP for 5 at 6:35 PM and it was the first one I checked for right at 7AM. All the FPs were gone less than 15 minutes later. I would guess depending on your party size all of the FPs will be gone by 62 days out.

I'd definitely keep checking randomly. Last time down, an FoP opening came up several days prior to my visit. It was an evening slot, so rearranged the day a bit to move the other AK FP's to later in the day (was planning on AK in AM, then hop to Epcot later...just swapped that when the FoP evening slot came up).

I haven't been in a few years (going again in a couple of weeks :) ), but last time I was there I was able to get FOP fastpasses for 4 people the day of. What I did was juct check for a FP for 1 person and grabbed whatever I could find and then tried to find one at a time for the rest within the same overlap. All you need is for your whole party to have 1 minute of shared overlap in their fast pass times and you can all go together.

As noted, keep trying. DH and I have always been able to get a same day FP+ for FoP, but it does require diligent refreshing. You'll probably have the best luck the night before or the day of, since that's when things seem to change the most. If a time comes up that you don't particularly like, such as late in the evening, take it anyway. Once you have a time, it seems to easier to modify it to an earlier time.

Simple answer if you live a normal life and can't keep checking FP's all the time - no.
All due respect - I check for FP+ often, and I think I live a pretty normal life. :) Just depends on your priorities.
My life is as normal as the next, I guess. But I have an iPhone, so I can make time to check as often as possible. Doesn't take much time really.

I booked yesterday. Our WDW days were September 23 - 26. I was able to get a 6:50 FP on the 26th for 3. I tried the 25th immediately, nothing. Tried to modify the 26th, all gone. No SDD, but I really don't care about that. I got 9 am ToT, 10:35 Star Tours, and 11:40 Little Mermaid. I plan to get to DHS at 5:30 and either go to TSL or SWGE, get on ToT at 9, immediately try to move mermaid up, and after that, try to move ST up, then get out of Dodge. Come back for our 5:00 dining reservation and F!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter