• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No FOP on 10/28

PuppyPrincess

Too far from the Golden Dome and the Castle!
There are no FOP on 10/28. I tried right at 7:00 a.m. There are plenty on other days that week, but we are going to be at AK on Sunday when we are down. Did anyone else have this issue? This was the first FP+ I tried to make.

Ah darn! My 60 days is tomorrow and I was planning on FOP on that day, just because for me it's a shorter trip and my Monday is set at Epcot and Wednesday at MK...I guess I can still try and see what tomorrow morning brings but now I'm rethinking my strategy. If you don't mind me asking, was there a nice availability for Thursday 11/1? That's my departure day but I am the last flight home out of MCO so I would have more than a half day to get back to AK. I am actually sitting at work planning my strategy now (shhhh!).

Ah darn! My 60 days is tomorrow and I was planning on FOP on that day, just because for me it's a shorter trip and my Monday is set at Epcot and Wednesday at MK...I guess I can still try and see what tomorrow morning brings but now I'm rethinking my strategy. If you don't mind me asking, was there a nice availability for Thursday 11/1? That's my departure day but I am the last flight home out of MCO so I would have more than a half day to get back to AK. I am actually sitting at work planning my strategy now (shhhh!).
That last day is exactly when you should look (and book that first).

For what it’s worth, when I went on at my 60 day mark which was six weeks ago, I logged on at 6:50 am, and I could book my FP. I’m sure it was a fluke, but I was such a nervous wreck from all the planning, that I figured I’d try a few minutes early. Who knew?

The later in your stay the better - booked ours for 60 + 7 and had no problem (staying in September).

There was nothing until 60+3 for us, and then only evening times. Just rearrange your schedule to do AK later in your trip. FOP is worth it.

I got it at 60+3 but not until 4:00pm that day. I will be constantly refreshing to look for an earlier time but will certainly be happy with 4:00 if that's all I can get.

We got an afternoon one at 60+3 (10/26) and a morning one at 60+5 (10/28), but alternate times dried up pretty quick after that.

I booked mine on 8/23 at 7am, it was only available on the day we leave 10/29 between 1pm and 3pm. Slinky wasn't available for any of the days we'll be there.

Yeah, you need to strategically plan your days so AK and HS fall later to get those FP+s.

FWIW, we will be there over 10/28 and I booked our FPs last Monday, over a week ago. We were able to get FOP for 10/27, which was 60+7 I think. It was not available on our 60+1 day which is what I was shooting for.

FWIW, we will be there over 10/28 and I booked our FPs last Monday, over a week ago. We were able to get FOP for 10/27, which was 60+7 I think. It was not available on our 60+1 day which is what I was shooting for.

This. 10/28 is our travel departure day and our FP window opened last Tuesday. I intentionally planned for AK to be our day 7 park because of FOP and right at 7am EST had our pick of choice times. I checked 10/28 for giggles and got another one for like 11am.

Best advice I can give is to work backwards from the end of your trip for the hard to get FPs. For instance, by contrast I had a devil of a time trying to get 7DMT at 60+1 and only found a crappy afternoon slot. Reason you can’t find FOP ar the beginning of your trip is because guests like me have had a head start. Give yourself one to have the best shot.

I was able to get 2:05 on 10/24, which was 60+3 at my time of booking. Seems like you need to go later in your trip for a better selection of dates.

I had gotten SDD on 10/25 (60+4 at the time), but ended up scrapping it to do EMM instead. Only evening (after 5:30) times were available.

It was just booked up already, nothing wrong or any issue with the system. My day is next week, and I plan to book FoP at 60+12 to make sure I get it (and SDD at 60+11).

I had the same issue. I got online right at 7 am. I was trying to get FoP at 60+1 and noting was available. Trying later in your trip often works better. The FPs were alredy taken by guests who were able to book FPs ahead of you based on their trip times. Most people have posted that getting a FP for a popular ride at 60+4 or later is usually not too difficult.

We are doing HS on 10/29 and booked ours on Friday so had a good start compared to those trying to book yesterday/today. I planned HS to be our 60+6 and AK was 60+5. We were able to get morning times for both SDD and FOP.

Thanks everyone. I guess I didn't plan my park days very well. I did get one later in the week. We will be doing a lot of park hopping! I will keep refreshing, hoping for something our day there. I had my choice of times for slinky dog, which kind of surprised me and that was only 60+3. I got FOP no problem last year, but thinking back that was later in my trip. I will know better next time.

Thanks everyone. I guess I didn't plan my park days very well. I did get one later in the week. We will be doing a lot of park hopping! I will keep refreshing, hoping for something our day there. I had my choice of times for slinky dog, which kind of surprised me and that was only 60+3. I got FOP no problem last year, but thinking back that was later in my trip. I will know better next time.
Watch for park hours to change. We had a similar situation in March but they extended the hours so ak opened an hour earlier. When they did that they released a ton of FPS for that hour in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter