No fastpass grace period anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A grace period is just that. It's honestly up to the CM's what happens. Some may let you in, some may not. Best thing to do is allow yourself plenty of time with your plans and make sure you're doing what you have to, to not be late. Things happen and that's why a grace period is offered, but when people try and play with fire, that's when they get burned.

It's not official. So you can't ask about it. No one will confirm it, or shouldn't.
But it's built in to the FP computer system.
When you scan your MB, 5 min before and 15 min after, Mickey will scan green. It's something that happens automatically.

This is exactly right. Its not a matter of CM discretion when it comes to the grace period, it is what it is systematically. The Mickey head will scan red at 6 mins before and 16 mins after but it will be green 5 mins or less before, during, and up to 15 mins after your window. Chances are the CM scanning your band doesn't even notice/care you're within the grace period of your FP window if its still scanning green.

Now, if you are there 16 mins after, the CM may opt to let you in if your plead your case but the head will scan red. I wouldn't count on a CM bending the rules there.

This is exactly right. Its not a matter of CM discretion when it comes to the grace period, it is what it is systematically. The Mickey head will scan red at 6 mins before and 16 mins after but it will be green 5 mins or less before, during, and up to 15 mins after your window. Chances are the CM scanning your band doesn't even notice/care you're within the grace period of your FP window if its still scanning green.

Actually, it’s blue.

A grace period is just that. It's honestly up to the CM's what happens. Some may let you in, some may not. Best thing to do is allow yourself plenty of time with your plans and make sure you're doing what you have to, to not be late. Things happen and that's why a grace period is offered, but when people try and play with fire, that's when they get burned.

I thought the grace period was programmed into the system?

I thought the grace period was programmed into the system?

It probably is, but for ADR's and such, I wouldn't think so. Also, if you just miss your grace period and you tap red, it could still be up to the CM's as to seeing if you did just miss and get a pass.

It probably is, but for ADR's and such, I wouldn't think so. Also, if you just miss your grace period and you tap red, it could still be up to the CM's as to seeing if you did just miss and get a pass.
This is about FP, not ADR. ADR are an entirely different conversation.
FP is automatically built in to the system, just not publicized in writing
And yes, as PP said, if you are outside that 5/15 window and you get Blue, it is up to the CM to allow you in, or not. And never count on that for certain. But inside the 5/15 time, that you can count on. What you have to be careful about is time syncing with Mickey. Don't push it close because you don't know that you and Mickey are in sync.

WDW can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any such grace period and makes no representations or warranties therein. :ssst: But yes, it exists.

This thread title is confusing to newcomers (and regulars) and OP’s question has been well addressed. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter