No F! on Fridays in early November?

julesann

DIS Veteran
I went to book a F! BB ADR this morning for Friday, November 2 and see that F! is not on the calendar. Is this typical for Fridays in the off season or do you think they haven't added it to the calendar yet.

My guess is that they have not added it to the calendar yet. Disneyland is notoriously slow at adding to their calendar. It is just way too early for November entertainment at this point. I would phone to try to book an ADR, but even then it might not be in their systems.

I’m hoping that’s the case because i love fantastasmic and that first Friday will be my only chance to see it

My guess is that they have not added it to the calendar yet. Disneyland is notoriously slow at adding to their calendar. It is just way too early for November entertainment at this point. I would phone to try to book an ADR, but even then it might not be in their systems.

I hope that's true. I was wondering because I can book a PTN ADR for that night. I guess I'll see tomorrow if Saturday the 2nd shows up. If it does then I'll know it is not happening on Friday nights in early November.

FYI just made my reservation and it looks like fantasmic is runnng Saturday Nov 3rd but not Friday the 2nd.

Disneyland is always super slow on restaurant times for F! and other events. And that may be affecting how they release the schedule. It's SUPPOSED to run on Fridays during the off-season, so it should show up soon.

That said, it's pretty cheap of Disney to NOT offer F! all nights of the week. Let's face it: there really is no off-season anymore. There are more than enough people coming every day of the year to DL to merit F! nightly. If Disney Hollywood Studios in FL can offer it nightly while seeing 10 million annually vs 18 million at DL annually, then there's absolutely no excuse to limit it to weekends during an "off season". There's a reason (money), but there's no excuse. And before anyone cites noise ordinance, F! uses air launchers so that their fireworks are nearly noiseless. It's definitely something that should go nightly.

Gosh I hope this changes...I just coordinated all of our schedules to make it work for everyone to see it on Fri Nov 9th. It’s always been on a Friday! Is there something else going on the 2nd?

It’s not on the calendar for Sunday, November 4th either. I tried booking a F! BB ADR for that day and was unsuccessful. So, does this mean Saturday only performances for the fall? Seems strange since that weekend is Dapper Day weekend. :confused3

It’s not on the calendar for Sunday, November 4th either. I tried booking a F! BB ADR for that day and was unsuccessful. So, does this mean Saturday only performances for the fall? Seems strange since that weekend is Dapper Day weekend. :confused3
I hope it’s not only on Saturdays. We arrive on Sunday Nov 25 and fly home on Saturday Dec 1 so we’d miss it. :worried: Fingers crossed for Fridays!!

I'm almost wondering if F! scheduling isn't falling subject to the change in month/season delay that sometimes seems to happen. It would make (some) sense to me that whoever is programming the calendar went with "the week starts in October and there are no Friday F! in October (due to MHP), so no F! on that Friday, but there are F! on Saturday." Then Sunday is the start of a "new" month/week/season (no longer HalloweenTime, but not yet Holiday) and the schedule is still to be determined, so no dining packages until the schedule is ready for release.

^ That was exactly what I was thinking, especially they only release an official schedule 6 weeks out I think. I certainly hope that’s the case! Makes sense to me. Only one show a week would be a nightmare for them too I would think.

Silly question, but the Disneyland site only goes through 10/18 is there someplace else that I should be looking? We will be there in mid-November. Trying to get my head wrapped around things before my window to book opens up next week.

Silly question, but the Disneyland site only goes through 10/18 is there someplace else that I should be looking? We will be there in mid-November. Trying to get my head wrapped around things before my window to book opens up next week.
If you are talking about entertainment, they only release the schedule 6 weeks out. So you can book dining at 60 days, but not entertainment until 42 days. So if you will be there mid November, you probably won't know the entertainment schedule for a month.

They are very clearly working on fixing this because currently they have it playing every day but Monday and Friday in October and just highlighted the first of November. It won’t let me book anything at this moment but I’ve been keeping an eye on it

It's showing up for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday now...I'm hoping Sunday will be added soon! I went ahead and reserved for Saturday, but Sunday is the day that we'd really like to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter