No extra fees with Comfort Suites in Nassau?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Mousesavers is a legit site, but have any of you experienced the not paying of extra fees when you check in at Comfort Suites here lately?

Screenshot_20200113-141700_Chrome.jpg

it has gone both ways. i usually stay on CHOICE POINTS and fees are waived, but i've had people say they have and have not been charged. Read some trip advisors notes. Call the hotel directly and ask. they are very aware people book them to only go the waterpark and never stay in the room.

it has gone both ways. i usually stay on CHOICE POINTS and fees are waived, but i've had people say they have and have not been charged. Read some trip advisors notes. Call the hotel directly and ask. they are very aware people book them to only go the waterpark and never stay in the room.
I was thinking about racking up some points for a night there. I think it is around 20,000 points for a night there this year in May. I have 3,000 points already but will be racking up quite a few more here soon with travel. Do they limit the number of people in the room when paid on points? Are there any other stipulations with payment of points? Or is it just easy peasy to pay with points?

I read some of the recent reviews on Trip Advisor and many said that yes they did have to pay the extra fees. I think Mousesavers could be wrong on this one.

It's been many years since my family did this, but I do remember they charged us several extra fees. One was strictly because I went up to the desk with my dad and they asked how old I was. I was 14 at the time, and luckily they had an extra charge for cleaning as room where someone under 14 was booked.

It's been many years since my family did this, but I do remember they charged us several extra fees. One was strictly because I went up to the desk with my dad and they asked how old I was. I was 14 at the time, and luckily they had an extra charge for cleaning as room where someone under 14 was booked.
If we do it we will just go with a day pass. These extra fees are such BS.

I've had a room booked for awhile now for Feb, just for the day passes and may cancel after seeing this thread. I booked through Expedia and like Mousesavers, told me there wouldn't be any extra fees, but after going to their website, it definitely appears like there is a lot more fees than what expedia has posted. Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently will confirm.

I've had a room booked for awhile now for Feb, just for the day passes and may cancel after seeing this thread. I booked through Expedia and like Mousesavers, told me there wouldn't be any extra fees, but after going to their website, it definitely appears like there is a lot more fees than what expedia has posted. Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently will confirm.
It is just real iffy. I am glad you seen this. I mean, who really knows until you get there, right? I don't want any type of high dollar surprises like this. This many fees is just BS. I honestly thought about me and my husband taking a quick 2-3 day vacation at Atlantis, but with all these fees, nope.

I just received a reply from the resort and I'm sure this applies to all third party booking sites like Mousesavers: "Good Morning, your booking confirms all taxes and fees are covered with your booking through Expedia , there will be no other taxes and fees to pay at check-in. Safe travels, Warm regards." The most recent review on tripadvisor was someone booking just for Atlantis tickets and stated that she was not charged any extra fees, but she booked directly through the hotel.

Last edited:
I just received a reply from the resort and I'm sure this applies to all third party booking sites like Mousesavers: "Good Morning, your booking confirms all taxes and fees are covered with your booking through Expedia , there will be no other taxes and fees to pay at check-in. Safe travels, Warm regards." The most recent review on tripadvisor was someone booking just for Atlantis tickets and stated that she was not charged any extra fees and she booked directly through the hotel.
Wow, interesting. Maybe Mousesavers is right?

What method did you use to contact the hotel. I submitted an online contact and received no response.

I booked directly through Choice Hotels in Spring 2017 for our Feb 2018 cruise, and when we went to check in at the desk, we were charged these extra fees. They were small, but annoying. I think still a good deal compared to getting passes through DCL or Atlantis for our family of 3. We were confused where to go in Atlantis to check in and wandered around a bit. It was a rare day, though, as the Dream was the only ship there, and we had Atlantis nearly all to ourselves. One pool had only 1 other person in it!

Just way to iffy as to how some people don't have to pay any extra fees and others do. I will say when looking at Expedia, there is no mention of these fees anywhere.

What method did you use to contact the hotel. I submitted an online contact and received no response.
I messaged them through Expedia, if there are any extra fees on top of what I paid Expedia, I will show them their reply. For me the $180 savings is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter