No Enchantment dessert party or Harmonious Dining package if park hopping?

Shannon G

DIS Veteran
I was momentarily excited about these announcements, until I saw that both say that park reservations are required. Oldest DD will only be joining us for 2 days of our October trip, and we are planning on all 4 parks those two days - one starting at DHS and hopping to Epcot, the other starting at AK and hopping to MK. But I guess we can't do either dining event on those days since we don't have a park reservation. I may try to book when it becomes available and see if the system actually prevents me from booking it for a day we don't have a park reservation.

I also wonder how this works on a day that I don't have a park reservation for MK but I do have Boo Bash tickets - since we can get in early for Boo Bash, I wonder if I'd be able to book a dessert party that night.

I would expect you either need a park pass or park hopper (if there is room to hop) so you can enter the park.
I read it as booking this package does not get you into the park. Just as you still need a park ticket to get in the park along with a reservation for the dessert party.

As long as you have a PH ticket, I don’t see why you couldn’t book and show up to a dessert party.

PH is at 2pm or later, shouldn't be in conflict unless they close off due to capacity limits. Which I understand have never been hit for PHers in the past.

Last edited:
Thanks - I’m hoping it’s just boilerplate language they use for early reservations & non-hoppers, as well as covering the situation where the e park is at capacity & closed to hoppers.

They have this in place for the rose & crown FW thing.

If they actually do enforce this, IMO it devalues those who paid for AP or PH :rolleyes1

An Important Message
To dine at an in-park table-service restaurant, you need a confirmed dining reservation for the total number of Guests—regardless of age, plus a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on that same date for each Guest ages 3 and up. Dining reservations do not guarantee access to a park, and Park Hopper availability may change daily. We recommend Guests book in-park dining at the park where they have a Disney Park Pass reservation.

If these are prepaid, you forfeit the entire payment if you aren't able to hop to MK. They have made it clear that if you don't have admission to the park, you'll count as a no-show.

I don’t see Disney refusing to reimburse people if they can’t get into the park. It’s a bad look. They often times say “non refundable” and actually refund people.

It is a boiler plate legal statement and you're taking the risk by booking the ADR without a direct park reservation. That said the odds have been low in the past towards any PH/AP cutoff due to capacity. In fact I'd love to know what the stats are in regards to this. I consider them 0.00001% at this time just by the sheer fact they haven't used it through the past 18 months.

I probably have 3 ADR's that fall under this category but I feel it is a minor risk vs the challenges of booking ADRs that is almost 99% of what I notice trying to book my trip.

I’m also curious about what people expect and experience. We are going during one of the busier spring break weeks. We generally park hop for a dinner, fireworks package or something like that (plus now possibly G+ reservations). I know people say limits have not been hit, but it could really mess up trip planning to pay for the hopper and then plan around the possibility of being denied access to the afternoon park. When they hit capacity (theoretically), does the park generally open for hopping at some point but possibly not at 2pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter