No DVC 25th aniversary perks for Disneyland?

marisol72

Mouseketeer
My family ans I are going to Disneyland in July. I was checking the DVC perks for the 25th anniversary and there is nothing for Disneyland.

You may pick up a "25th Anniv" button from the kiosks ... and have your complimentary photo taken at the Sales Center?

After hours party for the 48 DVC rooms? Likely not happening.

I'm at the Poly in May and and haven't seen anything either.

After hours party for the 48 DVC rooms? Likely not happening.
An after-hours party at DLR (either DL or DCA) would certainly be attended more by locals than by the occupants of the 48 rooms at VGC. If they would have such a party -- it would not suffer for lack of interest/attendance.

Nothing for DVD to sell in California so no reason to give anything away. The perks are obviously used to make sales, not to be used by DVC owners as a whole.

:earsboy: Bill

I think in the context of the 25th Anniversary Party -- it is intended for existing members as the participating audience ... creating a moment, while unattended by prospects, that can be used to reference in sales talks. So, let the West Coast party on ...

I think they mentioned at the annual meeting there were going to be some DVC anniversary celebrations for California. But there were some complications with the Diamond anniversary that would delay them. So hopefully something will happen.

The DVC letter I got from Potrock today about the new resale value said there would be something special at DLR but that is it

Nothing for DVD to sell in California so no reason to give anything away. The perks are obviously used to make sales, not to be used by DVC owners as a whole.

Actually, I would think that they'd be pushing Aulani more in CA than in Florida.

Actually, I would think that they'd be pushing Aulani more in CA than in Florida.

For some reason they don't seem to push Aulani at all. Seems weird, maybe they are going to sell it to Atlantis Resorts.

For some reason they don't seem to push Aulani at all. Seems weird, maybe they are going to sell it to Atlantis Resorts.

They must be doing something. I thought that sales reports that are gathered by Wil show that Aulani was just slightly behind PVB in points solds either at the end of the year or the beginning of this year. Of course PVB was down but Aulani was pretty even with it.

As a DVC members and AP holder at Disneyland I would like to see more member magic at DLR but I'm not holding my breath.

Oddly, though, you get 10% off almost everywhere in DL vs just a few restaurants at WDW. Of course that could change, but I still found it interesting. Then again, there could be so few DVC members that go there (vs Florida) that it was just easier to do it across the board for however long they keep it in place.

Disneyland is disneyworlds red headed step child in DVC's eyes

Yup! I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in Jan for Star Wars race. I had just come back from Wilderness Lodge and Poly (one night each before and after a cruise). The hot tub/Jacuzzi at Disneyland hotel was down - as was one of the main pools. And I randomly found an old rusty screw on the floor of our room - luckily I stepped on it - in socks - and it wasn't my barefoot kids. Anyway - I sent a note afterwards letting them know so they could improve on these things in the future. I was disappointed that I had no prior knowledge of the closure - especially during a race weekend. I had splurged on that hotel specifically to use it in between the races. When they called to discuss it with me I mentioned how I got many emails, letters and a phone call about the pool closure at Wilderness Lodge - even though another pool was also available, and how I had no communication at Disneyland - not even while I wanted 20 minutes at check in, during race weekend. Her response was DVC members are particular and expect more so Florida communicates better with their guests. I was like - I'm a DVC member - its right there in my Disney profile. It really reinforced the red headed step child with the $20 AP discount feeling.

We are going to DL following the WBPC cruise and splurging to go there after. I was disappointed when I saw that the only thing that I could find was the button. We are having friends join us, so I was hoping to show them how DVC adds a little more magic. We will still greatly enjoy the DL pixie dust, but I was definitely disappointed.

We are going to DL following the WBPC cruise and splurging to go there after. I was disappointed when I saw that the only thing that I could find was the button. We are having friends join us, so I was hoping to show them how DVC adds a little more magic. We will still greatly enjoy the DL pixie dust, but I was definitely disappointed.
DVC members get a good share of "everyday magic" at DLR. Look for 10% discounts on most dining and shopping; sign up for one of the early morning fitness activities (pilates in the park; brisk morning walk); outdoor movies at Grand Cal; etc.

DVC members get a good share of "everyday magic" at DLR. Look for 10% discounts on most dining and shopping; sign up for one of the early morning fitness activities (pilates in the park; brisk morning walk); outdoor movies at Grand Cal; etc.

Good to know! I will check those things out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter