No Dinner Availability for Cape May in August

Terri2007

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have tried to make ressies for Cape May dinner in August (first week), but continue to see that no times are available. However, multiple breakfast times are available these days so the restaurant is still open. Does anyone have a dinner reservation during this time frame? I am wondering if there is some reason no dinner reservations are available...

I also tried everyday from 8/1 to 8/12 starting at 7 am on 6/4 so it was hard to believe they were all taken already. Started to think they weren't doing dinner. I don't know

Interesting. I’ll be at BCV in August. Wasn’t planning any buffets but checked to see availability. No dinners. Lots of breakfast. :scratchin

I tried today and there was absolutely nothing available as far out as 60+10. We are at YC 8/6-8/15.

But I made a breakfast reservation for 8/9, so that's weird.

Last edited:

It’s interesting as I remember this being an issue earlier in the year. I looked it up and there was a period in February where reservations weren’t available for Cape May. And then they all popped back up. Maybe they just haven’t loaded him yet?

I think its a loading issue for dining and some enchanted extras ... I was looking at the end of July at the open of my 60+ window, and some of the AKL restaurants didn't show up for days and neither did Savor the Savanna, Starlight Safari or Caring for Giants - about a week and a half later - they all popped up. Even today, early dinner reservations popped up for Le Cellier including the Eat to the Beat Dining Packages for Biergarten, Coral Reef and Le Cellier

Last edited:

Dinner a month ago so disappointing without the crab legs. Most of the seafood is just sad and poor quality. Used to be a family favorite.

Desserts are so good but not worth the price.

I work dinner at Cape May.

We haven't heard anything about a rehab so I'm going to say the reservations just haven't been loaded into the system yet, especially if there are breakfast reservations available. I will update if I hear anything different.
Curious as to the staffing situation in general at WDW, without putting you on the spot, what are your thoughts?

Curious as to the staffing situation in general at WDW, without putting you on the spot, what are your thoughts?

The Orlando area is a very expensive place to live while many jobs pay $10-$15 an hour.

My husband and I know many pre covid cast members who have since retired, got a better job and/or moved out of state.

Disney is always hiring.

The Orlando area is a very expensive place to live while many jobs pay $10-$15 an hour.

My husband and I know many pre covid cast members who have since retired, got a better job and/or moved out of state.

Disney is always hiring
Thank you - seems consistent to other comments that I have seen. Appreciate your response!

I have been trying every few days since our window opened for early August, every other reservation is already made and it‘s hard to keep remembering to check, I felt sure that they would be loaded once we rolled into July, but they haven’t! At this rate we will be there before being able to book anything. I wonder if no one at Disney has noticed there is a blip (if that is what it is)

I just tried again for any dinner time any day of our August trip, still nothing.

@suzannews have you heard anything?

There are now several dates for September which can be booked and it's the same - no availability for dinner buts lots of times available for breakfast :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter