• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No dining availability in Disneyland

Hmmm that wasn't the case for me. I got up at 5:59 ET at the 60 day mark to book our first park day of Aug. 25. Nothing was available. Right at 6 a.m., Ogas, Craftsman, Cafe Orleans, and Trattoria all popped up. The latter three are still readily available to this day, but Ogas were all gone by 8 or 9 a.m. ET. So if I had waited till 10 a.m. ET I wouldn't have been able to get one.

Now I will say, that DTD, BB, Napa Rose, etc. all seem to be popping up (or not popping up) at completely random intervals, not at the 60 day mark, so who knows on those.
Same experience for 8/27 dates. 6 am is when the limited choices appeared.

Hmmm that wasn't the case for me. I got up at 5:59 ET at the 60 day mark to book our first park day of Aug. 25. Nothing was available. Right at 6 a.m., Ogas, Craftsman, Cafe Orleans, and Trattoria all popped up. The latter three are still readily available to this day, but Ogas were all gone by 8 or 9 a.m. ET. So if I had waited till 10 a.m. ET I wouldn't have been able to get one.

Now I will say, that DTD, BB, Napa Rose, etc. all seem to be popping up (or not popping up) at completely random intervals, not at the 60 day mark, so who knows on those.
That is frustrating!! I get that there is limited availability, but getting inaccurate information from a cast member on when we can book dining!!

That is frustrating!! I get that there is limited availability, but getting inaccurate information from a cast member on when we can book dining!!
Checked again for the 8/30 dates this morning that "should" have opened up. Zero restaurants added. Instead of showing breakfast, lunch and dinner hours they will show this:

Checked again for the 8/30 dates this morning that "should" have opened up. Zero restaurants added. Instead of showing breakfast, lunch and dinner hours they will show this:
View attachment 585941
Weird! I feel like there are some tweaks and things going on with their system right now. A bunch of Napa Rose availability dropped in the middle of the night last night (I got my alert at 3 a.m. ET, so 12 am PT) but only through Aug. 24 as far as I can tell anyways. Who knows!

Yes- I a
Weird! I feel like there are some tweaks and things going on with their system right now. A bunch of Napa Rose availability dropped in the middle of the night last night (I got my alert at 3 a.m. ET, so 12 am PT) but only through Aug. 24 as far as I can tell anyways. Who knows!

Yes! I also saw that Napa Rose dropped a bunch of reservations early this morning . So happy that we were at least able to book this! I will continue to check back to see if we can book additional dinners- but happy that we at least have 1. Grateful for the advice I have received from everyone !!

I am seeing Napa Rose start to show up for some dates during the last week of August , if anyone is interested.

Following this thread. We'll be looking for Cafe Orleans lunch on 9/4 and Lamplighter on 9/5 aiming for sunset in a few days. Hoping to get some insight from y'all. From the website I can't tell if I should be waking up at 3a or 6a to look for those ... and on a holiday? Does IT skip releasing availability on holidays?

I think the usual reservations (Oga's, Cafe Orleans, Trattoria, Craftsmans) open at 3 am Pacific. Then later, at random times, other things open up. I have not seen Blue Bayou at 3 am Pacific. YMMV.

To the OP, I just used Mouse Watchers successfully myself. Scored an Oga's for 6 with about 36 days to go. I had gotten several notifications before I was successful but wasn't fast enough the other times.

Now I'm trying Mouse Watchers again for Blue Bayou. It's worth the $8 to me to not have to check constantly myself. Hope it works out for you! I think all the commenters are on to something, and I don't think things are open to full capacity yet, so more spots may come available at random times.

We just got back yesterday. I had booked TS for lunch and dinner and also some LL and Tasting terrace times as well as Oga’s for each day because I was worried about managing mobile orders (we usually do all mobile orders other than BB and Oga’s). Once we got the parks on Monday and realized MO is easy to manage as long as you order a few hours ahead, I started cancelling our extra TS and other reservations. So a lot may open up in real time as people who have booked things get there and realize they don’t need all of the reservations.

Yup it looks like they dropped a bunch of BB times for late August overnight. I had alerts set up with Mouse Dining and looks like those times dropped around 12 am PST (3 am my time). I didn't see the alerts till I got up this morning at 7 am, but there were still plenty of time slots for my dates (Aug. 25 and 26). I snagged a 12:20 lunch res no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter