• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No DHS Park Reservations with Room Reservation & AP?

DisneyTrainFan75

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I've searched a little bit here on the forums but haven't found an answer yet. We have on property reservations at Dec.16-21 and we were looking to make our park reservations. We all have APs, too. On the Park Reservation availability page there are no more DHS passes open for our stay under the Disney Resort Guests heading. But there is availability under the Annual Passholders heading. However, the system won't allow for the park reservations and I receive the "There are no more Disney Park Pass selections available..." message. BUT we have Annual Passes. Just for fun I was able to book DHS Park Passes for the day we check out of the hotel just fine although the availability calendar showed the same.

Has anyone else encountered this where the system takes priority of the room reservation and totally ignores the AP option?
Thanks in advance!

Same happened to me. Keep checking. I got lucky for one day of our trip in early Dec. But AP shows available all the days of our trip.

Much appreciated, everyone. I figured that calling Disney was going to be the answer. I just thought, or maybe hoped, that there was a check down process already imbedded into the system for something like this. We last visited the parks back in September but didn't have this problem with the reduced crowds, of course.

Thank you for asking - I am having the exact same problem! Does anyone know the number that is best to call? The annual passholder line? The website help line? Thank you!!

i called website support and they were able to help. BUT they had to basically unlink the hotel reservation from My Disney Experience in order for it to catch that i'm making reservations with my AP. It also used up my AP passes, even though I'm a resort guest.

First time I've seen APs have availability whereas Resort Guests have none. It's like that for the majority of December.

This morning while on hold, I tried again and this time was allowed to get a DHS reservation that only showed as available for APs --- not sure what I did but good luck!

Its a silly trick but if your room isn't in short supply you can cancel your room reservation, book park reservation under AP, then rebook your resort room.

So annoying. I'm having this problem, too. Annual passholder availability for HS is wide open but resort availability is not. Even though I have an annual pass, it's not letting me book HS.

So annoying. I'm having this problem, too. Annual passholder availability for HS is wide open but resort availability is not. Even though I have an annual pass, it's not letting me book HS.

Just curious if you tried to call Disney tech? Years ago when we could only make 7 days, I had all 5 weekends of SWW booked and the system at that time wouldn’t let me book more than 7 days of fp. I called Disney tech and the person on the other line was able to make it for me.

In case you didn’t realize this thread is 4 months old

Yes it is, but it’s recommended to find an existing thread on a topic rather than creating a dozen different threads on the same topic.

Just curious if you tried to call Disney tech? Years ago when we could only make 7 days, I had all 5 weekends of SWW booked and the system at that time wouldn’t let me book more than 7 days of fp. I called Disney tech and the person on the other line was able to make it for me.
Yes, I was actually on an hour+ hold with Disney while I typed that post yesterday. I called their website services department and they were able to get it fixed for me. I'm very glad they were able to do so, but what a pain to have to call in and wait on hold for so long just to make a theme park reservation. I'm also lucky that I even noticed that was the issue- initially I assumed HS simply was not available, and it was only after trying a few more times that I noticed that it was available for AP's, but not for non-AP resort guests.
In case you didn’t realize this thread is 4 months old
It's four months old, so? It's a completely relevant topic because the exact same issue is still happening now. Why create a new thread for the exact same issue? It's a shame that in four months Disney hasn't fixed this significant problem yet. There are probably many APs out there who missed out on HS on their desired day because they were also resort guests, and they couldn't get the park reservation & didn't know that it was just a glitch.

still an issue as we have a DVC stay and APs.
Trying to swap a MK and HS park pass days. Both show available under AP, only 1 available under resort stay.
Tried calling twice and on indefinite hold. Guess I'll try later when I have time.

Just got off the phone with a CM about using our AP to get a park pass instead of basing it off the resort.
There is no way to do this online.
She was wonderful, and kept working at it (had to talk to someone higher up) and finally got things moved around the way we wanted.
For all of our complaints calling in, its nice to see them try to do everything they can to make us happy.

Last night we had a issue with the AP is green, resort and tickets yellow , showing MK is full. I talked to chat and they were able to get us the one day was wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter