No DC discount for ASMo

jel0511

DIS Veteran
I was just calling to get rates for a possible family reunion in Jan. My mom is taking all of us, and we probably will go in Jan. There were NO Rooms at ASMo for the discount in Jan and the only AS rooms available were preferred views at ASSp or ASMu. I couldn't believe it. Now, I use my DC card for much else and definately get a benefit from it, but no discounts at all I found to be a little disappointing. Is anyone else having this problem??

We are going in less than two weeks, and had wanted to stay at ASMo. We've been to ASSp 3 times and wanted a change of pace. However, all of the discounts that I tried were not available at the ASMo. I guess they are just not participating in discounts for some reason. So, we are just going back to the ASSp for a 4th time. Don't give up. Keep trying.

We stayed at ASMO for 5 days last week with the DC discount. The funny thing is when we first booked the only thing available for 5 nights was preferred, whereas regular rooms were available for 6 nights. We were happy with that and booked it. After the codes came out we wanted to change our last night to the Poly so in the end we only had the 5 nights at ASMO anyway, but still got the DC discount. Go figure?

I got the DC discount on my reservation for May 2003. I don't know if it's the time of year you're going, or what, but I got the discount without any problems. I believe they only set aside so many rooms for DC, so there's a chance they've all been booked. You might keep trying though.

When I went to Disney last December there were no more DC discounts available at the ASMo and we booked ASSp. I really wanted to stay at ASMo so I waited a couple of weeks after booking and thought I'd try something a little sneaky. I just called up and said I changed my mind about staying at the ASSp and wanted to stay at ASMo, (never mentioning that the rate I had was discounted and was told it wasn't available at ASMo), and they switched me over to the ASMo with the rate I had at the ASSp.
So, you might want to try that. Just book either ASMu or ASSp and then wait a little while and then call back and say you changed your mind and now you want to stay at ASMo, they might not realize the rate you have and switch you over like they did with me. If they won't switch you over with the same rate, it wouldn't be so bad to stay at ASMu or the ASSp.
Good luck. :jester:

I called yesterday for December 6-8 and just asked for the DC discount for ASMO and I got it with no problem. It might just be the time you are going. They could be sold out.

I called DC this morning for Nov 22-29, 2003 (Thanksgiving week). No Moderates were available at DC rate, but all three All-Stars were. I took Standard and didn't ask about Preferred.

I asked about Pop Century, but they are not taking any reservations.

I have tried to get a discount at ASMo but they said no in July so I settled for ASSP. I have tried at least six times to get any kind of discount including my DC but they said no, just full rate.

Saw lvs_eeyore post in another thread and gave it another try...

Just got ASMo at $ 68.99 a night (includes tax)! I had $ 61.60 a night at ASSP, but it is worth paying a little more to have Buzz and Woody! ;) Very nice CM cancelled by old ressie and gave me new one! WHOO HOOO!

:bounce: KEEP TRYING!!! :bounce:

Pete's Mom I am SO glad you finally got the discount!!! They must have opened more rooms up. Maybe they were holding them back for a bit untill the CBR thing was pretty much settled?? Sounds like we will be there at the same time. We have requested Toy Story too!!! Look for a lady with lime green ribbons and that will be ME!!! Are you going to Discon?? I am going but unoficially since we can only go for the weekend.

Try putting in a request through Dreams Unlimited Travel - we put in our request for Jan 6-9 for our wedding site visit and received our quote today for ASMo $69/night after tax! They also got us a great rate for our wedding/honeymoon stay in June which will be split between AKL savannah view and Poly garden concierge! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter